Well That Was A Pleasant Surprise - Thank You Scott! | The Boneyard

Well That Was A Pleasant Surprise - Thank You Scott!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
I didn't expect a win after seeing what Syracuse did to WVU. I also didn't expect to see us running a competent offense this season. Just had not faith at all. The first half was line for line what our entire season had been- a frustrating decomposition. Then all of a sudden! We are making drives, scoring points! Scott McCummings is a warrior, a one man gang. He is a playmaker, has to get a lot more time out there.

C

Chief00

I agree - McCummings makes plays and that's what this team neeeds!

ShakyTheMohel

Is it 11:11 yet?
Reaction Score
As I posted on here, I thought the team was dead at halftime. Great adjustments by the coaches and just enough plays by the D.

I still think McEntee is a liability and I fear his next game against a tough UL D, but they got the win.

Reaction Score
McCummings was a beast out there today. Hope PP keeps upping his reps every game from hereon.

cohenzone

Old Member
Reaction Score
McCummings looks like a very good athlete. But, the one time he had to throw the ball today, he waited way too long and was sacked. The point being, we really don't know how well he can lead a balanced attack because he hasn't been used that way and is really green as a passer. McEntee made some pretty good completions today. The combo of the 2 worked today, but I'm not sold on rotating QBs, if only because I'm not convinced that in the big picture, either one of them gets a true feel for the flow of the game. Good win today one way or the other.

Reaction Score
Give Johnny Mac some credit as well. He played very well in the second half.

DieHardHusky

The Blue Guy
Reaction Score
Hello Florida offense?
a.k.a Bring McEntee into pass (unfortunately) and bring McCummings into run, like a poor man's Leak+Tebow?

edit*A Broke man's

Reaction Score
McCummings looks like a very good athlete. But, the one time he had to throw the ball today, he waited way too long and was sacked. The point being, we really don't know how well he can lead a balanced attack because he hasn't been used that way and is really green as a passer. McEntee made some pretty good completions today. The combo of the 2 worked today, but I'm not sold on rotating QBs, if only because I'm not convinced that in the big picture, either one of them gets a true feel for the flow of the game. Good win today one way or the other.
yeah, but you have to give him time out there. he can watch tape and see what he did wrong. he has to develop his passing and pocket presence. you put that together with his option running ability, and we have a QB that can win games.

cohenzone

Old Member
Reaction Score
"yeah, but you have to give him time out there. he can watch tape and see what he did wrong. he has to develop his passing and pocket presence. you put that together with his option running ability, and we have a QB that can win games"

Keep in mind that lots of fans on this board have little patience and little sense of reality. A kid screws up twice and he's a bum. I don't agree with rotating QB's all that much, but in fairness to HCPP who is archaic, he was left with zero experience at QB and RB, an absence of real playmakers, and other major holes to fill, and people want him dumped already.

ConnHuskBask

Shut Em Down!
Reaction Score
Great game by Scott today. Couldn't be happier with how the whole team played hard from start to finish.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom