Welcome Tommy Myers! | The Boneyard

Welcome Tommy Myers!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Per Rivals- Tommy Myers a 6'5" 235 LB TE from Coventry. Earned an offer at camp last weekend. Kid is just an all-around athlete. Top level javelin thrower and quality track athlete and basketball player along with being an "All-courant" TE last year.

UConnDan97

predicting undefeated seasons since 1983
Reaction Score
Welcome to the Dog Pound, Tommy!!

Reaction Score
Yes!! A TE, really needed one, hopefully we'll land another

Reaction Score
Great news. I could swear I saw the name Jack Cochran in his bio somewhere but can't find it now.

mets1090

Probably returning some video tapes...
Reaction Score
6'5 235 with a 37 inch vertical is pretty impressive.

Reaction Score
Great news. I could swear I saw the name Jack Cochran in his bio somewhere but can't find it now.

Myers played on the Connecticut 7 on 7 team that i think was coached by Cochran. He played with Boyle, Akeel Newsome and others

Reaction Score
haven't heard much about him, but sounds like he has an unlimited upside!

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score
Myers played on the Connecticut 7 on 7 team that i think was coached by Cochran. He played with Boyle, Akeel Newsome and others
this is 100% correct. :)

team ct:
Tim Boyle QB Xavier - bc
Harold Cooper OLB Hillhouse - d1 imho
Ashton Grant DB Manchester
Nick Linta WR Hamden Hall
Chris Luster FS Xavier
Andrew Matos WR Ansonia - d1 imho
Jevaughn Moore C Hillhouse- d1 imho
Tommy Myers TE Coventry - uconn
Arkeel Newsome RB/OLB Ansonia - uconn/umass offers
Marcus Outlow RB/OLB NFA
Jason Piontkowski WR/FS Masuk
Justin Potts C Platt
Connor Rowe QB Ridgefield - could be a d1 prospect this fall
Anthony Scirpo WR Woodland
Austin Tautkus WR Ellington
Keyshawn Thomas OLB Bridgeport Central
Mike Whalen WR Hamden Hall
Jalon White C North Haven - heard good things about

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score
at first glance this looks like a RE under the radar kid. but i don't think it is. those kids were missing off sites and didn't have other offers. will tommy being doing track as well as fball at uconn? tommy had a d1 offer from mizzu st for bball also i googled to find out. he put up great stats body and speed/agility wise at camp and it was on from there...welcome tommy, great to have u put on for your state. i'm excited to see who our 2nd TE will be in this class. some good ones like stapelton and the kid from ohio still high on us.

Reaction Score
Awesome! Welcome aboard, Tommy! I'll be rootin' extra hard for ya. Representin' Coventry wut wut!

Reaction Score
“Tommy is our best 100 and 200 runner, and one of our best 400 runners. He runs a 50.45 in the 400 and low 23 in the 200 and 11.7 in the 100. He throws the discus for fun … anything I want to put him in he does well.” said his coach.

Reaction Score
So I talked to my peeps in the Coventry athletic department and the reason Tommy flew so far under the radar is that up until this year, Tommy believed he wanted to play college basketball, so he didn't attend any skills camps, combines, etc. It wasn't until this last year he did a passing league in the winter and decided he wanted to go for it.

Kid is 3-sport all-state athlete, though. He's a hard-working kid, good student, still learning, and he's got great hands by all accounts I've heard. I honestly think he's a great get, but I admit to being heavily biased. ;)

Reaction Score
great pick up. anyone that P thinks deserves a scholarship in June is a great pick up. i really like what i hear about multiple sports and we really needed a TE.

Reaction Score
Not sure if anybody has posted this yet, but here's an article from the JI about his committment:

http://www.journalinquirer.com/articles/2012/06/20/sports/doc4fe1e0a0c4351633339557.txt

Maybe my favorite quote:

The Myers’ are season ticket holders for UConn football, but the family tried to stay out of the decision when it came to college choice.

“Through this whole process, we wanted him to make his own decision,” Peggy said. “We tried to stay neutral; but we are ecstatic. For him to be at our alma mater and to see every game?”

Very cool. The culture of UConn Football is growing. Slowly, but it's there.

Reaction Score
Personally, I like this quote the best:

“Since I was a little kid and my mom and dad went there, I always dreamed of going to UConn and playing football or basketball,” Myers said. “When football offered me, it was a dream come true.”

Reaction Score
Welcome Mr. Myers!

The regulars at the Bidwell tavern will have a personal rooting interest on college football saturdays!

Because of basketball, the northeast USA, and the east coast in general is populated with athletes of Mr. Myers' stature that have good feet and hands and coordination. Can't coach what this kid brings to the table from day 1, but you definitely can coach what we does bring into something.

Welcome again to Mr. Meyers.

CTMike

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction Score
Personally, I like this quote the best:

“Since I was a little kid and my mom and dad went there, I always dreamed of going to UConn and playing football or basketball,” Myers said. “When football offered me, it was a dream come true.”
This is a key inflection point as we grow as a program. Kids that grew up with the program, aspiring to play at UConn, now accepting offers to play. Awesome to see.

Reaction Score
This is a key inflection point as we grow as a program. Kids that grew up with the program, aspiring to play at UConn, now accepting offers to play. Awesome to see.
Yet, there are some on this board who think getting Connecticut kids is unimportant. Amazing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jjblox

Top Bottom