Welcome to UConn Azura Stevens (merged threads) | Page 12 | The Boneyard

Welcome to UConn Azura Stevens (merged threads)

Status
Not open for further replies.

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
You don't think Stevens has to convince Geno that UConn is the right place for her ? I would think this is a two-way interview.

I lead off with:
"Amazing how a summary will make something sound so different!" We need a sarcasm emoticon!!! That sentence from the aticle, so different from the quotes of Geno and AZ, paints both in unflattering colors. I guess I should have just said that, huh?!!!

Reaction Score
I could counter that with facts---but personally I was Army, then Navy---and I respect all services and all who served. I was just trying to get some blood circulating (not real blood) by tweeking a few--by stating the FEW did the crap jobs first.
Please counter. Because without the ARMY, we would have lost a few. The only famous Marine I ever heard of was Chesty Puller.

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
I lead off with:
"Amazing how a summary will make something sound so different!" We need a sarcasm emoticon!!! That sentence from the aticle, so different from the quotes of Geno and AZ, paints both in unflattering colors. I guess I should have just said that, huh?!!!
I understood what you meant the first time around because, I get you!

Reaction Score
So the experts have been talking about "the end of an era." What era are they talking about?

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
"The Cary, N.C., native was a decorated high school player and will look to fill the void in Connecticut's frontcourt left by four-time national champion and No. 1 overall WNBA draft pick Breanna Stewart, who recently completed her storybook career. Stevens will join one of the most dominant programs in all of sports—the Huskies have won 11 national championships led by head coach Geno Auriemma—but will have to sit out next season due to NCAA transfer rules."

Former Duke women's basketball star Azurá Stevens to transfer to Connecticut

Exceptionally bright reporter. ;)

Reaction Score
Charlie---now you can say I told your so!! Some on the Boneyard said NEVER--Geno does not take Transfers
NEVER SAY NEVER !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This is a red lettered day!!! Thank you Ms Steven's you made my next three years!!!! Thank you Geno for not saying NEVER at Uconn!! Thank you coaches and team for seeing her potential in a blue and white uniform!

`
I'm hearing Geno doesn't take transfers???? Butler just transferred in a couple of years ago, didn't she? Geno isn't prone to do it a lot but come on!

Reaction Score
More like the Marines---they get to do the Job the army and seals aren't trusted with---taking the enemies head on!!
Are you kidding me????? Denigrating the Seals??? I respect the Marines but that's just stupid talk!

Reaction Score
B - ooh rah...and another grin.
How many Marines were bounced from the Seals program??? A very, very high percentage so don't even go there. The Seals are the best of the best.

Reaction Score
the problem with the Navy Seals is that they are all wet.........
You do know that the Marines are part of the Navy Department, don't you and that numerous Marines got into the Seals program and were bounced! The Marines basic training is tough but compared to the Seals, it's like Girl Scout camp. No comparison and I'm trying to understand the silly remarks about such an elite group of men (and women).

Reaction Score
You do know that the Marines are part of the Navy Department, don't you and that numerous Marines got into the Seals program and were bounced! The Marines basic training is tough but compared to the Seals, it's like Girl Scout camp. No comparison and I'm trying to understand the silly remarks about such an elite group of men (and women).
Women in the Seals? Didn't know that.

Reaction Score
Too bad she has to sit out a year. If she were able to play next year I would feel better. Wasn't there something about her potentially not having to sit out because they were investigating complaints made against the coaching staff?

Reaction Score
Actually, I didn't. Was that based on a true story? I've never seen one, on tv or otherwise.
Not sure, but my guess is 'no'. Seals are the rednecks of all rednecks - doubt they would accept a woman (but what do I know?)

Reaction Score
My question on another threat: does this mean we shouldn't be expecting any additional commitments from the current high school juniors, because we've already maxed out the number of scholarshps for 17/18? Is 12 the maximum?
15 scholarships is the maximum in women's basketball.

Reaction Score
Thanks, VG. Not to put a damper on all the speculation about continuing to recruit 5 star athletes, Geno has talked about how difficult it is to manage that sort of team (like 2001) when everyone wants and deserves playing time. CocoHusky a bit earlier pointed out that somehow Gabby needs to start, and that's the challenge: how to give each player her due. Otherwise, there can be serious tensions and the team can vastly underperform or at least lack that magnificently elegant cohesion that makes UConn worth watching.
Pouting or not performing isn't the way to get to start for the Huskies. The only way you can do that is to perform at a very high level and never take a play off and if you're better than the next guy, you'll be starting. Geno isn't prejudiced and you've got to convince him and Chris that you are the best player at your position. You EARN YOUR DUE!

Reaction Score
Not sure, but my guess is 'no'. Seals are the rednecks of all rednecks - doubt they would accept a woman (but what do I know?)
I guess that the Navy Seals are opening their doors to women in 2016 and there was some talk about having a bit of a different performance criteria for women but that apparently is no longer being considered. I thought that there was ALREADY a couple of female Seals but apparently not yet.

Reaction Score
Gabby and pheese struggled with the 3 ball. Needs to improve on that category to be the unstoppable players we know they can be. But love how both rebound defend and attack the rim.
How many 3 point shots did Gabby even attempt??? Single digits, I would gather. I don't think there's an expectation of three point shots as long as she can shoot two's from the perimeter. Most of her scoring was from within a few feet of the basket, weren't they? I'm not attempting to diminish her because I thought she improved appreciably this year but long range shooting still isn't a strong point of hers.

Reaction Score
Actually, I didn't. Was that based on a true story? I've never seen one, on tv or otherwise.
They're just being allowed into the program, assuming they pass the criteria needed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom