Welcome to UConn Azura Stevens (merged threads) | Page 10 | The Boneyard

Welcome to UConn Azura Stevens (merged threads)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
This is a gift from the basketball gods. What in the world is going on at Duke?.
Notice that in her public statement that, while Azura said how happy she was to go to UConn, she didn't offer a single word of thanks for her two years at Duke? Often a transfer will at least pay lip service to the place she's leaving...This has to speak volumes about her experience there.

Reaction Score
I am so excited!!!!!!

I think she will be special under Geno and CD!!!!!!

Welcome Ms Stevens !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Reaction Score
Question Regarding the Huskies on Honor Wall.

If Azura Stevens were to play two full seasons in a husky uniform, would she be eligible to have her name on the wall if she were named AA in either of her two seasons? I would guess yes.

I was just thinking about how a transfer player doesn't transfer their points when looking at their career uconn scoring total. I was wondering if any of the same logic would be applied to the wall of honor. My initial guess is no, because if a player has an AA season in a uconn uniform, they deserve the honor.

UcMiami

How it is
Reaction Score
Question Regarding the Huskies on Honor Wall.

If Azura Stevens were to play two full seasons in a husky uniform, would she be eligible to have her name on the wall if she were named AA in either of her two seasons? I would guess yes.

I was just thinking about how a transfer player doesn't transfer their points when looking at their career uconn scoring total. I was wondering if any of the same logic would be applied to the wall of honor. My initial guess is no, because if a player has an AA season in a uconn uniform, they deserve the honor.
It is being an AA in a Uconn uniform, so if Stevens has achieved first team AA status this past year and then regressed at Uconn (yeah, right! :eek:) and did not achieve it again I doubt she would qualify.

Ozzie Nelson

RIP, Ozzie
Reaction Score
And we all thought Geno was in the hospital. This is the lengths to which he has to go to stay under the radar of the Boneyard!

Stevens to UCONN was previously foreshadowed elsewhere on the internet.

Reaction Score
Does Azura have a nickname?
Not sure but some Duke fans may be calling Azura' Breeona Stevens THE BREEZE just for the fact she's movin down the road! ;) :D

Reaction Score
Gabby never attempted threes. The ease with which she hit most of her mid shots which were part of her .636 shooting % gives good hope to the fact she can extend her range to include threes.
The ones she did put up was like omg cover your eyes. Of course she can extend her range if she works on it which I assume she's in the gym right now doing just that.

msf22b

Maestro
Reaction Score
Let us consider this delightful acquisition from the perspective of Duke's administration's (w/o considering their fan's reaction...I didn't peek).

Does this not come close to being the ultimate insult? the ultimate evidentiary value signifying the demise of their once splendid program?

The coach's toast...Now, sooner than later.

Peeking...now.

Reaction Score
Men's basketball completely rules at Duke; men's lacrosse as I write this is playing Syracuse for the ACC championship, and their football program has improved greatly. Plus it's not only an elite school academically, but a great party school. And right now, the beautiful gardens should be looking incredible. Everyone's getting ready for finals and then off for the summer and/or graduation.

All in all, I doubt many in Durham are talking about this.

Reaction Score
More like the Marines---they get to do the Job the army and seals aren't trusted with---taking the enemies head on!!
Marines are like little brothers, to the Army. They start a fight, and we finish it!

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
Do you think your program has kind of hit rock bottom? With all that has occurred this season and post, is the clock ticking on JPM?

Not sure if the program has hit rock bottom...... but its getting pretty close. I'll see if there are any more transfers in the coming weeks.

The clock is ticking very loudly for Coach McCallie, I cant see how she can be back for 2016-17. Im keeping hope alive.

This is a gift from the basketball gods. What in the world is going on at Duke? I thought the women's BB coach there was revered? But everyone, as at Kentucky, seem to be bailing out of that program. I would think both coaches ( Duke and Kentucky) are in some serious jeopardy..

hqdefault.jpg

Reaction Score
The clock is ticking very loudly for Coach McCallie, I cant see how she can be back for 2016-17. Im keeping hope alive.
:) So late in the year, that I bet it only happens if your AD has someone already in mind who can step in.

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
Good for you, Carnac: don't write off next season. The great news of the Coming of Azura seems to have pushed Kyla Irwin's advent into the distant background. It shouldn't. Kyla is going to be a very big deal next year inserted into Tuck's old spot and providing much needed help under the boards (on both ends) and is a key to UConn's ability to contend. With all of its talent, the Huskies are certainly going to be part of the conversation in 16/17. Bring it on.

I have not seen any of the incoming freshmen play yet. I can't speak for others, but I can't summarily dismiss them before they even show up on campus. I'd love to whip out the turban and cape and tell you exactly what the starting line-up will be in that first exhibition game in November, but I can't. I'll leave that to Geno and staff. I do know this, Geno and staff are going to put the best 5 players on the floor to start the game that gives UConn the best chance to win. Let me state this on the record right now...................I'm OK with whoever Geno puts on the floor, and in whatever rotation he does it. Geno has my full support. I'm not going to second guess him. The man knows what he is doing. I'm just a fan viewing from afar (3,000 miles away).

In Geno I trust!!!! The Boneyard is always going to have opinions on the various players, and how they should line up on the depth chart. We'll NEVER come close to agreeing on that topic, because everyone's perception is different. That's the way it's suppose to be. I would be shocked if it wasn't that way. It's fun reading the different takes and observations of the yarders when discussing UConn's bench depth and rotation. 90% of my time here in the yard is spent reading the comments. I learn more by reading than by posting. We're blessed to have some very knowledgeable and insightful members here in the yard.

We have some folks that are remaining anonymous (for good reason) that have to be program insiders, because they share limited information that only an insider would have access to. I'm glad they're here. Sometimes we get news from them first before we hear it from anywhere else. Example: When some members of the yard were lamenting over Tuck's omission on the "Huskies of Honor" wall, one of them reported that Tuck had in fact been voted to the "All-American" team. This was shared weeks BEFORE it was formally announced. The official list was not leaked before the official planned announcement date.

Thank God for the WNBA, other wise, I'd be a basket case by the time the WCBB season begins in November. There are 2 WNBA games scheduled for today. Final score: Sky 93 - Liberty 59.

Carnac

Reaction Score
A while ago I was wondering how to break the addiction to this board during the off season and get a life. Now I see this is not possible!

It's totally impossible if you're a real UConn fan. You'd miss too much information and news that you won't gt get anywhere else. Face it, like the rest of us, you're hooked. :oops:

Suggestion: whenever the thought of not visiting the yard comes over you ....................fugeddabod it. (I'm not from NY, and I'm not doing it justice, but you get my drift). :cool:

Carnac

Reaction Score
Guess those worried about needing a big are gone!!

For the next couple of years.......yes. I'd still be trying to find more BIGS. BIGS are like money. You can never have too much money, or dominant BIGS. Just ask Kim Mulkey.

Reaction Score
I think our Duke contributor referred to her as AZ, which I suppose is pronounced Ay-Zee, though we might also consider POY, which is pronounced Player of the Year.

Reaction Score
This is great for UConn and Stevenson! Hopefully in the future all the quick trigger crazy reactions will be limited when early indications were that she was looking at South Carolina.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HassanDawg

Top Bottom