Welcome Folorunso Fatukasi & Thomas Lucas | The Boneyard

Welcome Folorunso Fatukasi & Thomas Lucas

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Oh Happy Day ( Oh Happy Day ).. Oh Happy Day ( Oh Happy Day )...

All jokes aside... good to see we're getting some commits... Looks like the coaching staff started sending out offers after the camps... Should see some action ( more commits ) the rest of the way this summer to keep us going til the season starts...

Reaction Score
ESPN grades FF with a 71 and three stars.

Lucas is unrated by ESPN.

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score
Oh Happy Day ( Oh Happy Day ).. Oh Happy Day ( Oh Happy Day )...

All jokes aside... good to see we're getting some commits... Looks like the coaching staff started sending out offers after the camps... Should see some action ( more commits ) the rest of the way this summer to keep us going til the season starts...

exactly. it has been almost 2 weeks since a offer went out. i'm sure today was day 1 of sending the post camps offers out. things are going to be fun on the trail once again. i will say this, both of these guys are/will be mix 2*/3* recruits it looks like, nothing to impressive. but both are listed on sites and have good size and #'s listed so they aren't complete ghost recruits either. i expect us to land a fb soon fwiw.

to date of our 126 offers we have:
-8 commits(AK will count for 2013 for now until we hear more...)
-2 dc's(ogun and barone who are both big time ranked)
-55 kids who are still uncommitted who have uconn offers
-so 61 offers out to kids who have committed elsewhere. (of those ND, PSU and UVA have done the best vs us)

Reaction Score
I see the FB commit coming soon too bro.. I'm thinking Daquan Mack (if/when we officially offer)

Reaction Score
Want to welcome both young men. Fatukasi is a kid that really intrigued me because he is college sized already for the DL and moves well for a big kid. A bit raw but the potential is obviously there. Don't know much about Lucas but his higlights show me two things. He tracks the ball well in the air, and he is not shy about contact.

Welcome to both future Husky's, and congratulations on earning a scholarship.

Reaction Score
How many FBs do we need - we have 4 on the roster now (including the 2 incoming pups), no? We have 2 sophs and 2 incoming frosh - so that will mean we will have allocated 5 of our 85 schollies to FBs?? Either that or one of the boys has to move, but to where, TE?

Reaction Score
Thilled to have these kids on board. Good luck fellas. Welcome to a great school and a great football program.

For those tracking the recruiting sites, the stars the offers I offer the following link:

http://rivals.yahoo.com/connecticut/football/recruiting/commitments/2004

You might want to click on the information on Darius Butler and Tyvon Branch who are both currently in the NFL with Branch knocking on the door as an All-Pro. They gave UCONN the best pair of CBs in the conference for a couple of years. Neither were ranked. They don't come better in terms of all around athleticism than Butler or any faster than Branch. Neither had other offers.

I know recruiting is critically important to success on the field. And I know Bama, Texas, PSU, those types of programs get the pick of the crop. But, after that it's about assessment and development. Whether we have the 40th ranked class or the 60th ranked class according to those sites will mean just about nothing. Getting good athletes that can stay focused on school and football is what counts.

Don't get me wrong, I love hearing about the recruits. Whether some internet jockey is putting 2 or 3 stars after a kids name holds no interest or meaning to me. And I suspect kids fib sometimes when the talk about the offers they have. And if everyone who has has a 40 time posted on those sites were really that fast than college football would be played faster than the NFL.

Reaction Score
uconndogs said- "And I suspect kids fib sometimes when the talk about the offers they have. And if everyone who has has a 40 time posted on those sites were really that fast than college football would be played faster than the NFL."

Agree 100%

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score
I see the FB commit coming soon too bro.. I'm thinking Daquan Mack (if/when we officially offer)

i also think were going to get a rb soon.

huskypantz

All posts from this user are AI-generated
Reaction Score
Lucas is a nice open field tackler, would love to see him as a 6'2" 210-220 lb safety bringing the wood in the husky backfield in the next few years. Fatukasi is a big boy, we're getting away from the "bring in undersized kids and grow them into their position" strategy. Welcome to the UConn family, gentlemen!

UConnDan97

predicting undefeated seasons since 1983
Reaction Score
Welcome to the Dog Pound, Folorunso and Thomas!!

Reaction Score
Folorunso's family is from Nigeria, Garcia wrote up a nice piece on him on the scout board, he seems like a great kid who's well grounded

Reaction Score
uconndogs said- "And I suspect kids fib sometimes when the talk about the offers they have. And if everyone who has has a 40 time posted on those sites were really that fast than college football would be played faster than the NFL."

Agree 100%
For the most part, there are a lot of fast kids out there, but there is definitely some fibbing being done too. There is a lot of emphasis on how many stars recruits have, but there are also a lot of great recruits who aren't rated either.

Reaction Score
Looks like PP was the right hire for an improvement in recruiting! Looking forward to the season!

Reaction Score
gotta love this kids attitude about committing to uconn
http://connecticut.rivals.com/content.asp?CID=1383736

Forget the attitude, that's gravy. This young man sounds like he's making his choices for all of the right reasons, not just football. If engineering and medicine are realistically in his future, this is one smart kid with a seemingly great head on his shoulders and background to match.

For fear of overreaching, this is THE type of kid you want to invest a scholarship in.

Folorunso, welcome to UConn!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger