Week One Thread | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Week One Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

UCFBfan

Semi Kings of New England!
Reaction Score
Januzaj. 19 yo Belgium. He's gonna be a good one.
Yup that's him. I was on my phone and couldn't even begin to try and spell his name without looking it up!

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
Yup that's him. I was on my phone and couldn't even begin to try and spell his name without looking it up!
Me either. Had to look it up. Still can't pronounce it.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
Swansea wins. Newcastle, Crystal Palace and Southhampton give top of the table squads all they can handle. Top to bottom the EPL is the best.

Reaction Score
Swansea wins. Newcastle, Crystal Palace and Southhampton give top of the table squads all they can handle. Top to bottom the EPL is the most competitve.
fixed it for you ;)

Reaction Score
Swansea wins. Newcastle, Crystal Palace and Southhampton give top of the table squads all they can handle. Top to bottom the EPL is the best.

True but it's the first week. We'll see how they fare in the last third of the season when their depth is being tested.

After week one, to me at least it looks like Man City and Chelsea are the top two for sure.

Husky25

Dink & Dunk beat the Greatest Show on Turf.
Reaction Score
I'm watching the UEFA Champions match between Arsenal and Besiktas. I don't know much about either team other than Arsenal is in the Barclays Premier League. This looks to be akin to AAA in baseball. Please understand that while I was a sponge during the World Cup when it came to the USMNT, I know very little about club soccer. This is the first year I am trying to follow it and did very poorly over the 1st weekend of the B(oneyard)PL fantasy league.

Anyhow, The game is quite fluid with little, if any, diving or flopping. There was a 4 minute stretch between 53 and 57 minutes where the ref handed out 3 yellow cards and kept the game under control. In my amateurish opinion, Besikas is giving Arsenal a run for the their money and is even out playing them for significant periods of time.

There's another yellow booking against Arsenal at 65 minutes.

Reaction Score
meyers7 said:
Januzaj. 19 yo Belgium. He's gonna be a good one.

No doubt! A year ago August, he had the HK Football Stadium crowd mesmerized during ManU's exhibition games. Not that I'd buy any jersey (kit) or especially anything related to ManU (e.g., got free tickets), but that's a jersey to buy for a young kid. Pure class gradually blossoming!

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
I'm watching the UEFA Champions match between Arsenal and Besiktas. I don't know much about either team other than Arsenal is in the Barclays Premier League. This looks to be akin to AAA in baseball. Please understand that while I was a sponge during the World Cup when it came to the USMNT, I know very little about club soccer. This is the first year I am trying to follow it and did very poorly over the 1st weekend of the B(oneyard)PL fantasy league.

Anyhow, The game is quite fluid with little, if any, diving or flopping. There was a 4 minute stretch between 53 and 57 minutes where the ref handed out 3 yellow cards and kept the game under control. In my amateurish opinion, Besikas is giving Arsenal a run for the their money and is even out playing them for significant periods of time.

There's another yellow booking against Arsenal at 65 minutes.
Actually, Champions League is the highest level soccer there is. Even better quality than WC (because club teams can work together much longer). HOWEVER, this is a play-in game. Only 1 of these teams will make the top 32. The highest rated teams go directly into the Group stage (Real Madrid, Barcelona, Chelsea, Bayern, etc). AND both teams are way off form this early in the season. Arsenal was missing probably 4 starters. Check it out when the Group stages start in Sept/Oct. Teams will be up to speed by then.

Reaction Score
Actually, Champions League is the highest level soccer there is. Even better quality than WC (because club teams can work together much longer). HOWEVER, this is a play-in game. Only 1 of these teams will make the top 32. The highest rated teams go directly into the Group stage (Real Madrid, Barcelona, Chelsea, Bayern, etc). AND both teams are way off form this early in the season. Arsenal was missing probably 4 starters. Check it out when the Group stages start in Sept/Oct. Teams will be up to speed by then.

It's the highest level in UEFA at least. World Cup games just seem to played at a pace much higher than anything else. And the stakes are higher.

Husky25

Dink & Dunk beat the Greatest Show on Turf.
Reaction Score
It's the highest level in UEFA at least. World Cup games just seem to played at a pace much higher than anything else. And the stakes are higher.
Thanks for the clarification. Bottom line is that it was fun to watch. There was comparatively little diving/flopping (with a miraculously healed broken leg) and the ref kept the game under control with the use of his cards.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Boatbro

Top Bottom