Week One Thread | The Boneyard

Week One Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Everton/Lester Citeee turning into a barn burner.

@SportsInHouston: @edsbs and then Lukaku tried to clear with the A button.

Reaction Score
Spurs down to 10 men w/ Naughton given a red for handball in the box (right call on penalty, terrible call on the red... Was not intentional). West Ham missed the PK, but Spurs play w/ 10 for the next 60 minutes.

Also watching Everton-LC on the iPad, looks like a good one. Lester is no joke, they are EPL ready.

UCFBfan

Semi Kings of New England!
Reaction Score
Sigurdson is a great pick up for the Swans.
He really was. Was huge in their promotion season and will be huge this year. Jefferson Montero will be big too! Gomis also looked good in relief of Bony

UCFBfan

Reaction Score
Anyone see the ManU/Chevy ad? I almost puked. They're clearly trying to make every American soccer fan a ManU fan. I get Chevy is an American company but it was almost like the Cowboys calling themselves "America's Team"

Reaction Score
Altidore listed as a possible sub for Sunderland. Cameron is not for Stoke.

Reaction Score
Now 10 v 10 in Spurs v West Ham aftera Hammer picked up a second yellow. Still 0-0 in65th minute. COYS!

junglehusky

Molotov Cocktail of Ugliness
Reaction Score
Anyone see the ManU/Chevy ad? I almost puked. They're clearly trying to make every American soccer fan a ManU fan. I get Chevy is an American company but it was almost like the Cowboys calling themselves "America's Team"
" this is yer shert"

junglehusky

Molotov Cocktail of Ugliness
Reaction Score
#COYS but I have to admit West Ham' 2014 kit is pretty smart.

Reaction Score
The away sides off to a good start with all 6 getting at least a point so far. Come on Palace!

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
Pretty good first day. We won, ManU lost, we're top of the table (for today). Only draw back was Spurs winning. But you can't have it all.

I'm just a little worried about who might die now that Ramsey has scored again. :eek:

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
Spurs down to 10 men w/ Naughton given a red for handball in the box (right call on penalty, terrible call on the red... Was not intentional).
Doesn't work like that. (I think we've had this discussion before). Intentional has to do with the foul. Having your hands above your head (making yourself bigger) is considered "intentional" (or "handling" the ball). (No such thing as a "handball" in the Laws.)

The Red card has to do with Denying an Obvious Goal Scoring Opportunity Handling. If the ball was heading into the goal (from the videos I've seen it was) then it has to be a Red card. Pretty straight forward.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
Altidore listed as a possible sub for Sunderland. Cameron is not for Stoke.

As one of the 15 people in Merica who watched WBA and Sunderland. Jozy got in late and didn't do much - even though Sunderland tied late.

Reaction Score
As one of the 15 people in Merica who watched WBA and Sunderland. Jozy got in late and didn't do much - even though Sunderland tied late.

Eek, our internationals not off to a great start. Wonder if Cameron was hurt. Jozy is going to end up in the MLS, just you wait.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
Eek, our internationals not off to a great start. Wonder if Cameron was hurt. Jozy is going to end up in the MLS, just you wait.

They didn't put him in until the 81st minute so it's not like you expect much. They did score 4 minutes later.

Reaction Score
It was a good 1st day. Not a ton of goals, nothing too spectacular, but a fun day.

Man U looks like they're picking up where they left off, and the English press is eating LVG alive after yesterday. In time it will be interesting to see how well they adjust to his style and tactics, and getting RVP back in the lineup will help them. Look for them to find their form over the next month, will be interesting to see who he brings in before the summer transfer window closes. Still a great result for Swansea who will be a tough match for everybody.

Arsenal did what they do. Ramsey is THAT guy, he just makes plays when they need them. Alexis Sanchez appears to fit in nicely to their squad...especially when making the "I was fouled" face and complaining to the official any time a defender was within 2 feet of him ;).

Spurs looked suspect. The back 4 still a liability, and they were VERY lucky to get 3 points. Still, 3 points away in a derby match is a good result, especially considering they were a man down for a third+ of the match. They were 0-3 v the Hammers last season, so we'll call that positive progress. They will improve as the season evolves, they get everyone back in the line up, and as they get more comfortable with Poch's style/tactics. But if they don't bring in another quality defender they'll be lucky to finish top 6 let alone top 4. The fact Danny Rose is still a starter is concerning.

And I'm liking Hull's all black away kit

Looking forward to day 2.

Reaction Score
I would expect Geoff Cameron to be sold in the next two weeks. It he is not in the 18 something is brewing.

UCFBfan

Reaction Score
Swansea had a great result but they need to shore up their Defense. ManU had lots of opportunities and Taylor was getting owned on the wing by the youngster who has the crazy spelled last name on ManU. Wish they kept Chico as he was decent, as long as he didn't act like a moron and get a card. I'd look for them to buy a defender to shore up the D.

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
Swansea had a great result but they need to shore up their Defense. ManU had lots of opportunities and Taylor was getting owned on the wing by the youngster who has the crazy spelled last name on ManU. Wish they kept Chico as he was decent, as long as he didn't act like a moron and get a card. I'd look for them to buy a defender to shore up the D.
Januzaj. 19 yo Belgium. He's gonna be a good one.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom