Week 29 | The Boneyard

Week 29

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Looks like a 4 team race for relegation. Leicester is a lock, Burnley and QPR most likely too except for Sunderland on the brink of imploding. Sunderland fans are exiting their grounds in droves before the 1st half came to a close, down 4-0 to Villa. Some had to be restrained from going after the Manager while on the bench, as they were leaving. As for Villa, looks like they're adjusting nicely to life under Sherwood. Agbonlohar and Benteke each with a brace.

Gunners doing what they do, getting a goal in the waning seconds of the half to lead West Ham (probably should be 3 or 4 nil given the how the half went with a missed PK call and a couple point blank misses for the enemy).

Big day tomorrow w/ Spurs-United (sadly I cannot watch it, will have to DVR and watch around 2pm) and Chelsea v Southampton

Reaction Score
Looks like a 4 team race for relegation. Leicester is a lock, Burnley and QPR most likely too except for Sunderland on the brink of imploding. Sunderland fans are exiting their grounds in droves before the 1st half came to a close, down 4-0 to Villa. Some had to be restrained from going after the Manager while on the bench, as they were leaving. As for Villa, looks like they're adjusting nicely to life under Sherwood. Agbonlohar and Benteke each with a brace.

Gunners doing what they do, getting a goal in the waning seconds of the half to lead West Ham (probably should be 3 or 4 nil given the how the half went with a missed PK call and a couple point blank misses for the enemy).

Big day tomorrow w/ Spurs-United (sadly I cannot watch it, will have to DVR and watch around 2pm) and Chelsea v Southampton

I have to admit, I rather enjoy watching Sunderland suffer.

And oh boy! Burnley just went up 1-0 on parent company!

Reaction Score
The Hammers got hammered, 3 to 0, Gunners needed that win (and point differential) their upcoming schedule.

Man City losing to Burnely is a bonus.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
Now that West Brom seems safe, I'd really love to see Burnley survive.

UCFBfan

Semi Kings of New England!
Reaction Score
Anyone catch the highlight of this crazy goal from Phillips on QPR? Ridiculous! The announcers who were doing the game live reaction was awesome. They were just talking and all of a sudden, BAM!

Reaction Score
After picking up 3 points v City, Burnley has a decent shot of staying above relegation. The 3 teams above them have some heavy lifting to do, especially Hull. They als get Hull and Villa head to head, so they do control their destiny. Looking at the teams still in the relegation conversation, this is what they have left:
#14 Everton: 28 points, 10 game left (6H, 4A) - Newcastle, @QPR, Southampton, @Swansea, Burnley, Man U, @Villa, Sunderland, @West Ham, Spurs
#15 Hull: 28 points, 9 games left (5H, 4A) - Chelsea, @Swansea, @Southamptom, Liverpool, @Palace, Arsenal, Burnley, @Spurs, Man U
#16 Villa: 28 points, 9 games left (5H, 4A) - Swansea, @Man U, @Spurs, QPR, @City, Everton, West Ham, @Southampton, Burnley
#17 Sunderland: 26 points, 9 games left (4H, 5A) - @West Ham, Newcastle, Palace, @Arsenal, @Stoke, Southampton, @Everton, Leicester, @Chelsea
#18 Burnley: 25 points, 9 games left (4H, 5A) - Southampton, @Spurs, @Arsenal, Everton, Leicester, @West Ham, @Hull, Stoke, @Villa
#19 QPR: 22points, 9 games left (4H, 5A) - Everton, @West Brom, Chelsea, @Villa, West Ham, @Liverpool, @City, Newcastle, @Leicester
#20 Leicester: 19 points, 9 games left (5H, 4A) - @Spurs, West Ham, @West Brom, Swansea, @Burnley, Chelsea, Newcaste, Southampton, @Sunderland, QPR

UCFBfan

Semi Kings of New England!
Reaction Score
Interesting tid bit (thanks Wikipedia).

If those Bottom 3 hold, it will be the first time since 1997-1998 that all three teams promoted are relegated their first season in the Premier League.

Personally, I'd like to see Burnley stay up and Hull drop down. Unfortunately for Burnley, even if they stay up, Ings is as good as gone this summer and that might just send them down next season but at least they'd get one more up in the Premier League.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ahserve34

Top Bottom