Week 28 | The Boneyard

Week 28

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Big week in the EPL next weekend with 4 (out of a possible 5) top half of the table match ups. 5 points separate 3rd place from 7th place.

6th place Spurs at 4th Man U. Tottenham needs at the very least to come away with a draw to stay within reach of top 4. A win puts them level on points w/ United, a draw keeps them 3 pts behind.
1st Chelsea hosts 7th S'hampton, as the Saints slide looks to continue.
3rd Arsenal hosts 10th West Ham in a London Derby. Come on you Hammers.
5th Liverpool travels to Wales to play 9th Swansea...lets go Swans.

Reaction Score
Big week in the EPL next weekend with 4 (out of a possible 5) top half of the table match ups. 5 points separate 3rd place from 7th place.

6th place Spurs at 4th Man U. Tottenham needs at the very least to come away with a draw to stay within reach of top 4. A win puts them level on points w/ United, a draw keeps them 3 pts behind.

While strange and almost sacrilegious for a Gunners, I will be pulling for the Spurs over Man U because 1) I can't stand Man U and 2) watching Man U melt down is very entertaining. May I suggest that the Spurs encourage lots of pass backs to De Gea because Man U's back line, which makes Arsenal's look like the Rock of Gibraltar, is bound to screw that up once or twice during a game. Will De Maria play against the Spurs or does his Red suspend him for the match? Not sure of the Red car suspension rules between regular EPL play and the Cups.

After this game, its back to hating the Spurs :cool:

Part of me hopes that Arsenal starts a B side team against Monaco in the next leg against Monaco as overcoming a 3 to 1 home loss is not going to happen. Focus on league play, including West Ham, and hopefully advance past the Quarters next time.

Reaction Score
While strange and almost sacrilegious for a Gunners, I will be pulling for the Spurs over Man U because 1) I can't stand Man U and 2) watching Man U melt down is very entertaining.

Pulling for Spurs??? Is this a picture of you on Match days?

BqssisTIUAEm1Tq.jpg

Reaction Score

BqssisTIUAEm1Tq.jpg

Arsenal hat, Tottenham Scarf, Man U hoodie, wearing a Chelsea kit while holding a Man City kit...damn, talk about representing the entire EPL and he should be grateful that he is not an adult as fans from every team may jump him, unless they were as too confused to even know what to do like I am.

Me, I will pull for Tottenham for one day. Enjoy it the enemy of my enemy.

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
While strange and almost sacrilegious for a Gunners, I will be pulling for the Spurs over Man U because 1) I can't stand Man U and 2) watching Man U melt down is very entertaining. May I suggest that the Spurs encourage lots of pass backs to De Gea because Man U's back line, which makes Arsenal's look like the Rock of Gibraltar, is bound to screw that up once or twice during a game. Will De Maria play against the Spurs or does his Red suspend him for the match? Not sure of the Red car suspension rules between regular EPL play and the Cups.

After this game, its back to hating the Spurs :cool:

Part of me hopes that Arsenal starts a B side team against Monaco in the next leg against Monaco as overcoming a 3 to 1 home loss is not going to happen. Focus on league play, including West Ham, and hopefully advance past the Quarters next time.
Don't pull for either team. 0-0 draw. :)

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score

BqssisTIUAEm1Tq.jpg
Kids gonna need all kinds of therapy. Can you imagine the parents that would allow that? :rolleyes:

Reaction Score
Don't pull for either team. 0-0 draw. :)

Man U is 1 point behind Arsenal, Tottenham is 4. What helps Arsenal more is the question - no points to Man U bit putting Tottenham to within a point (excluding Arsenal's next result) or allowed Man U to take that point back while keeping Tottenham 3 behind? Who is the bigger threat to keep Arsenal out of next year's Champions Cup?

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
Man U is 1 point behind Arsenal, Tottenham is 4. What helps Arsenal more is the question - no points to Man U bit putting Tottenham to within a point (excluding Arsenal's next result) or allowed Man U to take that point back while keeping Tottenham 3 behind? Who is the biggest threat to keep Arsenal out of next year's Champions Cup?
Probably Arsenal. :rolleyes:

Reaction Score
Who is the bigger threat to keep Arsenal out of next year's Champions Cup?
Arsenal is the biggest threat to keep Arsenal out of next year's Champion's League. Looking at remaining game of Ars, MU, Lvrpl, Spurs, and S'hampton it looks like United has the hardest path, and Spurs has the easiest.

Remaining League matches:
3rd place) 54 points Arsenal: West Ham, @Newcastle, Liverpool, @Burnley, Sunderland, Chelsea, @Hull, Swansea, @United, and West Brom
(6H, 4A, avg points of remaining opp. = 38.6, 1 game left v teams in bottom 5, 3 games v teams in top 7)
4th place) 53 points United: Spurs, @Liverpool, Villa, City, @Chelsea, @Everton, West Brom, @Palace, Arsenal, and @Hull
(5H, 5A, avg points of remaining opp. = 41.6, 1 game v team in bottom 5, 5 games v. teams in top 7)
5th place) 51 points Liverpool: @Swansea, @United, Arsenal, Newcastle, @Hull, @West Brom, QPR, @Chelsea, CP, and @Stoke
(4H, 6A, avg points of remaining opp. = 39.6, 1 game v team in bottom 5, 3 games v teams in top 7)
6th place) 50 points Spurs: @United, Leicester, @Burnley, Villa, @Newcastle, @Southampton, City, @Stoke, Hull, @Everton,
(4H, 6A, avg points of remaining opp. = 32.9, 3 games v teams in bottom 5, 3 games v teams in top 7)
7th place) 49 points S'hampton: @Chelsea, Burnley, @Everton, Hull, @Stoke, Spurs, @Sunderland, @Leicester, Villa, @City
(4H, 6A, avg points of remaining opp. = 35.9, 4 games v teams in bottom 5, 3 games v teams in top 7)

Reaction Score
Arsenal is the biggest threat to keep Arsenal out of next year's Champion's League. Looking at remaining game of Ars, MU, Lvrpl, Spurs, and S'hampton it looks like United has the hardest path, and Spurs has the easiest.

Remaining League matches:
3rd place) 54 points Arsenal: West Ham, @Newcastle, Liverpool, @Burnley, Sunderland, Chelsea, @Hull, Swansea, @United, and West Brom
(6H, 4A, avg points of remaining opp. = 38.6, 1 game left v teams in bottom 5, 3 games v teams in top 7)
4th place) 53 points United: Spurs, @Liverpool, Villa, City, @Chelsea, @Everton, West Brom, @Palace, Arsenal, and @Hull
(5H, 5A, avg points of remaining opp. = 41.6, 1 game v team in bottom 5, 5 games v. teams in top 7)
5th place) 51 points Liverpool: @Swansea, @United, Arsenal, Newcastle, @Hull, @West Brom, QPR, @Chelsea, CP, and @Stoke
(4H, 6A, avg points of remaining opp. = 39.6, 1 game v team in bottom 5, 3 games v teams in top 7)
6th place) 50 points Spurs: @United, Leicester, @Burnley, Villa, @Newcastle, @Southampton, City, @Stoke, Hull, @Everton,
(4H, 6A, avg points of remaining opp. = 32.9, 3 games v teams in bottom 5, 3 games v teams in top 7)
7th place) 49 points S'hampton: @Chelsea, Burnley, @Everton, Hull, @Stoke, Spurs, @Sunderland, @Leicester, Villa, @City
(4H, 6A, avg points of remaining opp. = 35.9, 4 games v teams in bottom 5, 3 games v teams in top 7)

I would clarify that Arsenal's defense or periodic lack there of is the biggest threat to keep the Gunners out of the top 3. With Chelsea, Liverpool and Man U left on the slate, they control their own destiny.

As for the Spurs, they actually need a tougher schedule because 1) they need to points to catch-up and 2) they seem to play to the level of their opponent losing to Leicester City one day and then beating Arsenal a few games later.

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
I would clarify that Arsenal's defense or periodic lack there of is the biggest threat to keep the Gunners out of the top 3. With Chelsea, Liverpool and Man U left on the slate, they control their own destiny.
Liverpool and Chelsea at home helps.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ahserve34