Week 24 and 25 | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Week 24 and 25

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
West Brom was a pretty solid favorite today - but Swansea looked terrible. At least you don't have to sweat relegation - halfway through the Burnley game I was thinking about who I'd support in the BPL next year.

Burnley is no joke though. They are going to be a spoiler. If they didn't have such a terrible start they would be further up.

Reaction Score
Yeah it was absolutely terrible! After they beat Southampton I had hopes that they'd be turning it back around. Then they pull a draw against Sunderland and a loss to West Brom and it's back to crap....at least they won enough at the beginning of the season that relegation shouldn't be an issue but damn, they need to figure out how to score and beat the teams they should be beating. Solid win for West Brom though...

I think it sucks that they sold Bony.Man City needs another striker like I need a hole in my head. Heck, they can beat most teams playing a midfielder up top.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
I just hope that Ideye and Berahino is an actual strike partnership that will last until the end of the season and not just a one off. If West Brom can score goals then they have good chance at staying clear of the relegation zone.

Anichebe is no slouch either.

Also, I wish Sessegnon would start. And someone else besides Chris Brunt needs to take the free kicks.

Berahino will be sold most likely and then sit on the bench somewhere. And I don't think he will play much for England given how loaded they appear to be at Striker.

Ideye has been a completely different player. Seemingly just an increased effort and he's valuable.

Brunt being stripped of captaincy has certainly motivated him - althought it cost them a goal he played one of his better games this week.

Reaction Score
Ideye has been a completely different player. Seemingly just an increased effort and he's valuable.

Brunt being stripped of captaincy has certainly motivated him - althought it cost them a goal he played one of his better games this week.

Brunt is better in the run of play. He can deliver a good cross but his free kicks have me underwhelmed. You know the team a lot better than me so I'll defer.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
Brunt is better in the run of play. He can deliver a good cross but his free kicks have me underwhelmed. You know the team a lot better than me so I'll defer.

I was a pretty good high school soccer player but I'm certainly no tactical expert.

Based on the lack of success on free kicks, they can certainly use someone more effective.

I only started watching WBA halfway through last season so I caught the downside of Brunt. For the first half of this season he was invisible at times. Can't be in someone's head but he either reacted to the challenge of losing the job or he's had a burden removed.

I am 90% confident they stay safe. It might look bleak at times but they seem to have enough to survive and they have a manager who gets it.

UCFBfan

Semi Kings of New England!
Reaction Score
I think it sucks that they sold Bony.Man City needs another striker like I need a hole in my head. Heck, they can beat most teams playing a midfielder up top.
Yeah I thought it sucked too but honestly, he was going to be sold no matter what. Hopefully they'll use the money to buy another striker. He was their largest signing ever and it was well worth every penny, or whatever they call it in Pounds. I know Swansea has a reputation for not signing big contract players but if they wanna stay up and play with the upper half, they need another striker. Gomis is not doing it. I really thought he'd shine with the PT he'd be given but instead he's looked like absolute garbage and a cry baby on top of it due to his whining about not playing during the transfer window.

I'm hoping with Sigurdson getting back from his red card next match and Montero healthy, they'll be able to kick start Gomis and start finding the goal again!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Boatbro

Top Bottom