we should offer a couple more lb's | The Boneyard

we should offer a couple more lb's

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score
force dunn to tell us yes or no thanks. he visited wake recently and didn't commit so he must have some interest right? his boy javon is already on board here... offer Shane Nash at milford and O. Camara from nyc. get 2 of these 3 kids on board with this class i say.

Reaction Score
HuskyfanDan, the question is will we be bringing in 1 or 2 LB’s with this class?? I have to believe it will be 2… It would be nice to get Dunn and I believe that Staff was looking at Camara as a Dlineman after he camped here, in addition it seems that Walsh was recruited as a FB (at least for now). There has been some talk that Holines might have been brought in as a LB.. So besides Dunn, IMO that leaves Jalen Stevens a DE/LB combo who just visited us as our #1 target (a good looking player). There was some early interest in Zach Hume (Bolton Ma) and in Hunter Taute (Westwood Ma), I believe both players have either camped or visited. The 2 players I find intriguing, and am surprised that the interest seems to be slow coming from UConn (but maybe not), are in Noah Robinson (Doherty Memorial, Worcester Ma), and in Shane Nastahowski from Conn via Milford Acd… It’s still early, so there might even be some valuable under-the-radar types out there that Staff is looking at….

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score
HuskyfanDan, the question is will we be bringing in 1 or 2 LB’s with this class?? I have to believe it will be 2… It would be nice to get Dunn and I believe that Staff was looking at Camara as a Dlineman after he camped here, in addition it seems that Walsh was recruited as a FB (at least for now). There has been some talk that Holines might have been brought in as a LB.. So besides Dunn, IMO that leaves Jalen Stevens a DE/LB combo who just visited us as our #1 target (a good looking player). There was some early interest in Zach Hume (Bolton Ma) and in Hunter Taute (Westwood Ma), I believe both players have either camped or visited. The 2 players I find intriguing, and am surprised that the interest seems to be slow coming from UConn (but maybe not), are in Noah Robinson (Doherty Memorial, Worcester Ma), and in Shane Nastahowski from Conn via Milford Acd… It’s still early, so there might even be some valuable under-the-radar types out there that Staff is looking at….

you just hit every name that would be on my radar, nice job. hume and taute are good players and yes have shown interest thru camp etc. i talked with a bc guy who siad he thinks both will end up being mac or fcs players. noah robinson i was actually told is a player, very underradar but could blow up. the probelm is i can't find much on him besides the simple google seach. has great size thats fir sure.

i want us to offer shane at milford and keep him home. as for camara, he has shifted to may positions. purdue offered him as a dl. when he camped at uconn they liked him at lb and then he did a 7-7 at uconn i think also where he played lb for that tney. considering where our program stands, i think he is worthy of a offer from us. he has said he likes uconn and wants to play local if possible. i just think hes one we shouldnt let get away.

i think we need to bring in 2 maybe 3 lbs. i dont think the local area is that stacked next year at lb so we may have a bit more trouble next year getting lbs. we usualy do well getting lbs but when u have a few that are worthy local we should sleep on filling up while we can. next year the few lbs that are known are big time and we will have a tough battle to land any of them imho.

holiness is a lb/de mix i think at this point. i see de more likely for the future. same with stevens. if we can land stevens then lets say 1 ends up a de and 1 a lb. we still need 1 more lb. dunn would be our only shot. i say we force dunn a bit and offer camara and nash. 1st of those 3 gets a spot if all 3 go elsewhere then we have robinsion followed my the other 2 ma kids radar wise i think the chart should look like. if we can land dunn soon, i still would be interested in landing a 3rd if camara or nash are still looking.

also side note- speaking of robinsion at DHS, that program is very friendly with us and we have a great player form there here now. he moved to that area from va years ago i think. anyway, they have a 2014 ath/wr who we should also be after who has a bit of the same life path as a kid currently on our roster. i hope the staff can put puzzle pieces together like i can becuase we should be able to recruit that school well. they are putting out good prospects now yearly. time to mine!

Reaction Score
HuskyfanDan, I couldn’t agree more with your analysis. The only difference between us is that IMO I do not see this position as a top priority for 2013, due to the fact that this past year (2012) was a solid recruiting class at LB. Staff brought in Jon Hicks (who I really like), Wyatt Vinci, Omaine Stephens and lets not forget Graham Stewart transferred in and will be an rs-soph next year. Having said that I still want to see Staff recruit the best possible LB’s they can for the class of 2013…

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score
you are right, depth wise lb is not a issue right now but consdiering the room we have on the roster i would hate to see us pass on guys who are qualified now only to struggle to get kids later. who knows what 14 or 15 brings on the trial lb wise so i tend to lean get them if u can now.

a week ago or so i posted that we needed to focus on 5 guys(marriner/fuchs/stevs/dunn/hush). we got marriner. i think we need to go all in on stevens and dunn. dunn recently visited wake forest and i havnt seen anything since positive uconn wise. i would think getting javon hadley helps but we havn't seen it media wise. at this point i want to pressure him as we need to figure out where we stand. it wont be long before other programs sniff out camara or shane n at milford. we are in a good position right now but could lose that in a snap if we dont push our charts and get kids.

bc not to long ago made a interesting move. they have 1 maybe 2 slots left this class. after isaacs left they got a lb from manchester who is beyond RE type under the radar. i think this was them trying to see if they can get issacs to flip back. otherwise i dont see how they could have passed on offering robinson/camara for him. i also wouldnt sleep on ath j beckford form hyde in ct. hes a rb right now i think but i would def be interested at seeing what he would do as a lb. i view him as a camara type.

Reaction Score
Dunn and Stevens would be ideal for us... This is the week ( the bye week ) for our coaches to git'er done.. close the deal on those two... We got NFL coaches coaching this team and they can't convince these kids to come and continue the long lineage (sp?) of LBs at UCONN? They can start their own legacy with their talent level.. A little better than what we were use to coming in as true frosh in the past.. potential is there at least... close the deal on these guys..

No disrespect to the other kids, but they're fringe FBS guys at best.. again no diss, just reality...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom