"We only have these" -- Huskies - Orange Tweet Wars | The Boneyard

"We only have these" -- Huskies - Orange Tweet Wars

Status
Not open for further replies.

DobbsRover2

Slap me 10
Reaction Score
The battling tweets between Syracuse and UConn twitter accounts that started with the weather and then moved on to a certain national championship theme that the Orange clearly want to avoid is getting pretty fun. UConn was gracious enough not to rub it in even more by throwing in the field hockey NC win over Syracuse, which I know is causing the Syracuse students to rethink why they went there.

Seems like a great idea to engage in these Tweet Wars with former rivals. Doing it to Boston College would be like kicking a dead bird, but launching a few shock-and-awe strikes on Rutgers, Pitt, WVU, Louisville and a few old Yankee Conference teams is a cool way to get through the winter and highlight some of the trophies that their conferences have been missing and that the AAC is piling up.

Reaction Score
Yeah everyone knows Tennessee is orange. Syracuse barely registers on my radar :p

ABachelor6CR

Time Traveler
Reaction Score
The battling tweets between Syracuse and UConn twitter accounts that started with the weather and then moved on to a certain national championship theme that the Orange clearly want to avoid is getting pretty fun. UConn was gracious enough not to rub it in even more by throwing in the field hockey NC win over Syracuse, which I know is causing the Syracuse students to rethink why they went there.

Seems like a great idea to engage in these Tweet Wars with former rivals. Doing it to Boston College would be like kicking a dead bird, but launching a few shock-and-awe strikes on Rutgers, Pitt, WVU, Louisville and a few old Yankee Conference teams is a cool way to get through the winter and highlight some of the trophies that their conferences have been missing and that the AAC is piling up.

I, too, was thinking Checkerboard......I was just 'bout to head for the cellar and wait for the storm to pass......:p

DobbsRover2

Slap me 10
Reaction Score
Okay, "punching orange" doesn't mean Syracuse around here, but the Vols are the Vols, not the Orange.

Definitely could start a Tweet War with them. Don't know if Storrs would usually come out to well if they chose a weather theme, but after the recent storm ripped through the Appalachian region it would at least be a little more even.

mr006

Reaction Score
Well, our WBB may have more NC hardware, but they probably still have the ball on display from when they beat us in '96. Cannot say that we can match that :D

DobbsRover2

Slap me 10
Reaction Score
As far as I recall, the Orange brought that ball with them to the XL in January 2009 to be a good luck game ball, and Maya used it to score 40 in that 107-53 beat down. Sometimes you need to just rip the covers off those cursed orange things to exorcise the bad stuff out of them.

Wally East

Posting via the Speed Force
Reaction Score
As far as I recall, the Orange brought that ball with them to the XL in January 2009 to be a good luck game ball, and Maya used it to score 40 in that 107-53 beat down. Sometimes you need to just rip the covers off those cursed orange things to exorcise the bad stuff out of them.

THAT was a satisfying blowout :) (Caroline Doty injury aside, of course.)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Darkbloom

Top Bottom