We need to hire our own Mike Locksley... | The Boneyard

We need to hire our own Mike Locksley...

Status
Not open for further replies.

epark88

Throat's all better now, thanks for asking...
Reaction Score
First off, count me in the 'PP/GDL-need-to-go' camp. They're just bad for business right now.

But realistically they're not going to be moved out as fast as most of us would like - and if that's the case, then the only way imho the UConn fanbase buys into fb again is if PP/Warde/whomever makes a staff change and hires a top-flight, elite recruiter.

I'm talking about a stone-cold assassin on the recruiting trail - it wouldn't even matter what position he coaches/coordinates on the side, and I definitely could care less if he ruffles coach SOS's feathers or ticks off all the CT HS coaches. Just give him free reign to bring in talented, game-changing kids with plenty of swagger to Storrs/East Hartford and let the chips fall where they may.

Remember that HC down in College Park, MD who had the awful 2-10 year last season? Well he went out and got (or the AD forced him to get, or UnderArmor bought...semantics) ace recruiter Mike Locksley to do just that. One program-changing Stefon Diggs commitment later, things aren't so bleak down there anymore and folks are coming back to watch that team.

So, can this happen at UConn? Is there a qualified assistant out there who would come aboard to do the job? Would the folks in charge have the gumption to make it happen, if for no other reason than to save their own hides?

Other than the most desired solution (total bloodletting of the coaching staff sans the DC), I'd be totally cool with things if at least this happened...

Reaction Score
You need to figure out what geography you want to target and go from there. Locksley's strength is DC/MD. We need a PA/NJ/NY/VA/MD mercenary.

On a similar vein - I would love for PP to drag Terry Richardson back to CT. Richardson played for PP, has great recruiting ties in FLA and was a beast of a RB Coach!

Reaction Score
You need to figure out what geography you want to target and go from there. Locksley's strength is DC/MD. We need a PA/NJ/NY/VA/MD mercenary.

On a similar vein - I would love for PP to drag Terry Richardson back to CT. Richardson played for PP, has great recruiting ties in FLA and was a beast of a RB Coach!

So you are suggesting ways for PP to build a better coaching staff? Wouldn't that suggest he would continue to coach here after this season? :confused:

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score
So you are suggesting ways for PP to build a better coaching staff? Wouldn't that suggest he would continue to coach here after this season? :confused:
If the better coaching staff includes sending the current OC out to pasture, that may be more than enough to fix this thing.

Reaction Score

I am...but his OC can go ply his trade elsewhere.

huskypantz

All posts from this user are AI-generated
Reaction Score
I am...but his OC can go ply his trade elsewhere.
I feel like there is an extremely slim chance that P is gone this year, even with a 3-9 finish (and I know I'm not alone). Even with P returning, I think we have a solid shot at improving if:
A. Foley coaches the O-line
B. We bring in a new offensive coordinator

If those two things happen AND we happen to bring in a high-level recruiter, well then I'd feel fairly okay with things. If we get to February and GDL is still in place, this board will be in full meltdown anyway.

Reaction Score
3... 2... 1... the meltdown begins on Dec 2 at 8AM if GDL is still in place. substitute Jim Mora's voice "Meltdown? You talking meltdown?"

Reaction Score
Get Tee Martin from USC(and national championship winner at Tennessee) to run the offense. He's only a WR coach at USC now, but an absolute beast of a recruiter. He might be willing to take the promotion. Thus far he's landed four 4 stars and one 5 star. At Kentucky he landed 6 three stars and 1 four star when he was there. And he's recruited guys from all over.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom