We had 'em all the way! Four bests displayed tonight. . . | The Boneyard

We had 'em all the way! Four bests displayed tonight. . .

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kibitzer

Sky Soldier
Reaction Score
. . . were:

UConn is the best team;

Stewie is the best player;

Beth Mowins is the best wcbb play-by-play broadcaster; and,

Kara Lawson is the best bb analyst.​

I know I know Geno is the best coach, Dolson is the best center, etc., etc., but only four aces were dealt tonight in Louisville.

Reaction Score
In games that will be close the rotation will be tonight. Kiah did exactly what they needed her to do: rebound, play defense and block shots. If everyone else does their part, we'll be there at the end playing for number nine.

Wbbfan1

And That’s The Way It Is
Reaction Score
Still wouldn't like to face Louisville in Louisville to get to the Final Four. Hopefully the committee does the right thing and send UConn to Lincoln. That also will be a tough place to play, but at least they won't be facing the a #2 seed on their home court.

UConnCat

Wise Woman
Reaction Score
Gotta say this was an impressive and gutty win by this team. More than 22k fans and Louisville gets off to a great start and UConn doesn't. The team then settles down and calmly and methodically takes control of the game and never lets up. Moriah hits some huge shots. KML hits some huge shots. Great rebounding. Great defense. Stewie takes over.

There appeared to be a letdown by both teams in the second half, natural after such a frenetic and emotionally charged start to the game. Also, I thought for a few minutes that UConn looked like a team that's been traveling a lot lately. But a second wind seemed to kick in and they got the ball to Stewie.

I'm not surprised that Kaleena didn't have much left in the tank in the 2nd half. I expect that to change going forward.

Great win.

msf22b

Maestro
Reaction Score
Even with the misses, Stewie was demanding the ball and fighting for position right to the end.
A Kobe like relentlessness that we've only seen a few times.
This is really her team now.

Zorro

Nuestro Zorro Amigo
Reaction Score
The Huskies would probaly draw another 22k fans in Louisville. How many do you think they would draw in Lincoln? Do you think that will be a consideration?

Reaction Score
The Huskies would probaly draw another 22k fans in Louisville. How many do you think they would draw in Lincoln? Do you think that will be a consideration?
Latest bracket has Nebraska as a 4. Full house if they make it.

UConnCat

Wise Woman
Reaction Score
Even with the misses, Stewie was demanding the ball and fighting for position right to the end.
A Kobe like relentlessness that we've only seen a few times.
This is really her team now.

I agree. She took the hits and went back for more.

UConnCat

Wise Woman
Reaction Score

It's up to Nebraska to make it to the Sweet 16 and draw the fans. If they don't make it -- a possibility -- then I'm not sure what #1 seed will draw fans to Lincoln. UConn will draw more there than South Carolina.

msf22b

Maestro
Reaction Score

Not answering your question but other considerations seem more germaine

I think that the folk-legend about not winning 3,4,5 games in a row against the same team doesn't apply here (UConn L'ville).
I expected L'ville to come out strong and compete this time and so hypothesized.

I just don't see them being as upbeat next time.

And the committee must take that into consideration

This is not UConn/ND 2012-13…two reasonably evenly matched teams
playing down to the wire that excruciatingly (for us) resulted in a bunch of L's until the big one.
Louisville in the NCAA would be unfortunate for them and for the country…unless they fight their way to the final-4

On to Lincoln.

a

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member