We don't need the ACC | Page 2 | The Boneyard

We don't need the ACC

Status
Not open for further replies.

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
How is Herbst floundering badly? Was it her fault that Flipper blackballed us? I think she's been pretty proactive given the situation.

In light of Flipper spilling the beans this week, I'll be curious to see if/how she & UConn respond.

In this case, it would be best to have no public response, imo. I don't think there's anything to be said publicly that would help UConn's situation. Right now BC looks bad. Might as well keep status quo.

Behind the scenes is another story.

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
Wasn't she on the job for about 5 minutes when this happened? Should she have been tapping their phones before she was hired?

At minimum, she should have been on top of things when Miami, BC, and VT left. I mean, I'm sure she had the foresight to see that she'd be President of UConn 7 years later.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
He has a gripe against the firing of Hathaway. This is personal for him. Let it go.

Not personal for me chump, I'm stating what I see now. The rest of you are seeing starbursts when you look at Sue Herbst. She's telling the rubes what they want to hear and guys like you think that's just great. Fine by me.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
If she's "floundering badly", where does that put Coach P?
BTW, read her resume sometime. Pretty sure she was not just writing poetry while overseeing U. of Georgia the past three years.

Hey, at least Coach P was a couple of victories. We need a leader, not a resume.

Reaction Score
In other words, people should judge her based on results, not soaring platitudes.

So if you voted for Obama, want to play 3 Card Monte?

Humor aside, Herbst is in a no-win situation. She can't shape the decision-making process within ACC Boardrooms by appealing to the Media Cartel.

There's a truism in the private sector--the best candidates are usually recruited.

To mold yourself into an ideal candidate, UConn must clean house. Calhoun ran a filthy program that would make the Enron guys blush. His lieutenants took a dive for him and he walked away with a itty bitty slap on the wrist.

Secondly, the market for CT is not exactly in anyone's top 10. For all the chatter about NYC and tv deals, it's Football that ultimately drives the revenue. NY is pro-sports city and region. If anything, 'Cuse, ND and Army lay greater claim to the area than UConn.

Lastly, own up the bottle-throwing incident at the Rent. Your fans are obnoxious, criminally-violent and devoid of any decency. There were kids at that Game and you people used the opportunity to express your frustrations in the form of violence and vulgarity.

Shame on you.

Reaction Score
In other words, people should judge her based on results, not soaring platitudes.

Humor aside, Herbst is in a no-win situation. She can't shape the decision-making process within ACC Boardrooms by appealing to the Media Cartel.

There's a truism in the private sector--the best candidates are usually recruited.

To mold yourself into an ideal candidate, UConn must clean house. Calhoun ran a filthy program that would make the Enron guys blush. His lieutenants took a dive for him and he walked away with a itty bitty slap on the wrist.

Secondly, the market for CT is not exactly in anyone's top 10. For all the chatter about NYC and tv deals, it's Football that ultimately drives the revenue. NY is pro-sports city and region. If anything, 'Cuse, ND and Army lay greater claim to the area than UConn.

Lastly, own up the bottle-throwing incident at the Rent. Your fans are obnoxious, criminally-violent and devoid of any decency. There were kids at that Game and you people used the opportunity to express your frustrations in the form of violence and vulgarity.

Shame on you.

okay, you're right, I did it. Now apologize for the broad based slur against everyone else. Thanks.

Reaction Score

Shame on you.
Lol. Thanks for stopping by.

Reaction Score

Shame on you.

Your attempt at making a point blew up into a ridiculously exaggerated & generalizing rant. Also threw in a political shot on a sports board to boot.

Must have been cathartic.

Reaction Score
If you reelect Obama, you're ignorant of economic realities or simply enjoy panhandling.

If you think Herbst is doing a fine job because she favors the soap box over concrete results, then I really, really want to play 3 Card Monte with you.

Reaction Score
Um...what are you talking about....we were overmatched at the Fiesta Bowl, but most teams would have been overmatched against OU, who opened this season as the #1 team in the country. We were also coached by someone who had something else on his mind.

epark88

Throat's all better now, thanks for asking...
Reaction Score

Shame on you.

Y'know, making posts like this could cause you to go blind...

Reaction Score
Hey, at least Coach P was a couple of victories. We need a leader, not a resume.
The change in AD is considered a victory in most peoples eyes here. If anyone was asleep at the wheel on all this, it was our former long time AD. Herbst inherited a bit of a mess.

I'm withholding judgment on whether she's a star or a bust. No one has enough info to make a decision (not that it has ever stopped any of us - me included - before).

Reaction Score
Agree with this, except for the "no-win" phrasing. She's definitely in a tough spot, but there is an opportunity to "win". Just gonna take some work and some time.

Disagree with this. Your comment is based on speculation and drawing a conclusion that supports your particular bias. It is not based on fact or anything substantial.

If anything, 'Cuse, ND and Army lay greater claim to the area (NYC) than UConn.
ND, yes. Cuse is on par I'd say. Army, not even close.

That's a pretty broad brush you're painting with. I was at that game. Didn't see anyhting of the sort. Not saying it didn't happen, just didn't happen around me. You're insult of all UConn fans would be true if there were 40,000 people throwing bottles at them. That's not what happened. If anything it was a few drunk idiots that did a despicable thing. To condemn an entire group for the alleged actions of a few speaks more to the person doing the condemning and their personal feelings for a school.

I was at the Beanpot back in the late 90's (forget the year, but BU beat BC). Outside, after the game, a bunch of BC fans (assuming they were students - looked that age range) started fighting w/ some BU fans (definitely alumni, much older than the BC fans). BC fans started with the verbals, then followed them across the street and 2 started shoving. Police broke it up before it really got started. Is that a condemnation of all BC fans, or just a group of f'ng morons acting like idiots? You should be ashamed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vincent22

Top Bottom