We could have Bill Belichick as HC | The Boneyard

We could have Bill Belichick as HC

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
And the same people will complain about coaching.

Summer's was taken behind the woodshed all day. 2 td's in 4 minutes to open the game.
Yeah, Uconn was stopped at the 2, but then cuse marched 98 yards. Think summers was burned for a 3rd down conversion.

The offense was much more open today. It was actually an aggressive pass deep that led to a pick 6. I guess we'll blame Diaco for that as well.

zls44

Your #icebus Tour Director
Reaction Score
Wait for it...

Reaction Score

Summer's was taken behind the woodshed all day. 2 td's in 4 minutes to open the game.
Yeah, Uconn was stopped at the 2, but then cuse marched 98 yards. Think summers was burned for a 3rd down conversion.

The offense was much more open today. It was actually an aggressive pass deep that led to a pick 6. I guess we'll blame Diaco for that as well.
Well, then after being beat several times, you don't leave the guy on an island as he struggles. . You don't rush three and give a superior athlete more time to work to get open. You don't run RJ three times in a row when Newsome was the hot hand. You don't run the same QB run draw time and time again with no yardage because the have a spy on him. You don't run 2 QB run plays on your 10 with box stacked then call a roll out and throw when your QB repeatedly struggles with accuracy on the run....and
The list goes on...

Reaction Score
It was painfully obvious that Summers needed help over the top. I started a thread at halftime begging for that. To my eye it never happened and we got lucky a few times when Dungy made a few terrible throws.

Reaction Score
Well, then after being beat several times, you don't leave the guy on an island as he struggles. . You don't rush three and give a superior athlete more time to work to get open. You don't run RJ three times in a row when Newsome was the hot hand. You don't run the same QB run draw time and time again with no yardage because the have a spy on him. You don't run 2 QB run plays on your 10 with box stacked then call a roll out and throw when your QB repeatedly struggles with accuracy on the run....and
The list goes on...
My favorite? Calling the timeout needlessly leaving more seconds for them to be able to get a FG at the end of the 2st half.

To be frank, we talk about the players not being good enough, but if they truly are less talented every week, you can't be getting out coached in every end of half situation every game.

zls44

Your #icebus Tour Director
Reaction Score
To be frank, we talk about the players not being good enough, but if they truly are less talented every week, you can't be getting out coached in every end of half situation every game.

It's got its own brand of admirable consistency

Reaction Score
Yeah it's just been this guy or that guy over the last 3 years. Coaches don't actually coach teams or manage games they're just along for the ride. And certain teams from certain regions can't ever be expected to score points or pressure QB's because that's just not "who we are"

Reaction Score
It was painfully obvious that Summers needed help over the top. I started a thread at halftime begging for that. To my eye it never happened and we got lucky a few times when Dungy made a few terrible throws.

And Etta dropped another ball that was probably a 60 yard td when Jamar stumbled.

Reaction Score
The list goes on...
just stop. your coaching ability isn't as great as you think.

Reaction Score

It was actually an aggressive pass deep that led to a pick 6. I guess we'll blame Diaco for that as well.

Not really. It was a 20-yard out with our back to the goal line on which Syracuse got a bit of a lucky break. Hardly a deep shot down the field.

Reaction Score
just stop. your coaching ability isn't as great as you think.

Marty, your right to defend BD all you want against those of us who think he's faltering, esp. on the offensive side. But while you're defending BD you should starting buying up the tickets of those who don't plan on subsidizing this anymore.

Reaction Score
Not really. It was a 20-yard out with our back to the goal line on which Syracuse got a bit of a lucky break. Hardly a deep shot down the field.

I don't think he was thinking of the play in the 4th qtr. deep in our own territory.

Reaction Score
Meant to say Uconn was deep in its own end. Of course it was a lucky tip. But that was the difference in the game.

Reaction Score
Marty, your right to defend BD all you want against those of us who think he's faltering, esp. on the offensive side. But while you're defending BD you should starting buying up the tickets of those who don't plan on subsidizing this anymore.
if you aren't having fun or aren't entertained, don't go.

Reaction Score
If you're satisfied so be it. Otherwise, you have to ask why and what.
What fan is satisfied with a loss. I saw a step forward today on offense. Was it perfect? No. Did shirreffs run too much? Yes. But the play calling was a notch above what we've seen.

Left the Navy game knowing coaching lost that game. Coaching did not lose the game today. The players didn't make the plays they needed to and Syracuse capitalized. It happens.

Reaction Score

A pass deep for the pick 6??? Good lord, it's like some of you have only watched UConn and don't know how football is played. It wasn't a deep pass, it was a rollout which was the worst possible playcall.

Reaction Score
if you aren't having fun or aren't entertained, don't go.

Apparently a lot of people have made that very decision. Think UConn can remain a viable FBS program and Power 5 candidate with a shrinking fan base? I think the evidence is clear it can't. The "don't go if you don't like it" philsophy is a sure way to kill D-I football in CT.

Reaction Score
A pass deep for the pick 6??? Good lord, it's like some of you have only watched UConn and don't know how football is played. It wasn't a deep pass, it was a rollout which was the worst possible playcall.
Try looking up two posts where I corrected myself. Deep in their own territory.
But please, keep up the 'coaching sucks rant' and anyone that disagrees is simply an idiot tirade Johnny.

Reaction Score
Apparently a lot of people have made that very decision. Think UConn can remain a viable FBS program and Power 5 candidate with a shrinking fan base? I think the evidence is clear it can't. The "don't go if you don't like it" philsophy is a sure way to kill D-I football in CT.
So now we're attributing the attendance figures to Diaco as well? Do you really believe that?

I'm not sure I agree that the attendance today is an indictment on Diaco as much as it is the past 3-4 seasons and CT fans in general. And maybe even larger trends for live sporting events.

Like it or not, CT is a fair weather state. If the ladies have an off year, attendance will drop off. If you're not competing for a championship, fans have other priorities. As successful as the men have been of late attendance is down. That's the way it is.

the way to get to relevance is winning. And unfortunately I don't think that happens in one or two recruiting cycles.

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
People need to stop defending Diaco. He is an idiot that should not be a Division 1 Head Coach.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom