we are a OC away from a great season | Page 2 | The Boneyard

we are a OC away from a great season

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
When does a win feel like a loss- Today !!! Just disgusted.

The play calling is awful (how many times are we running lil'Lyle thru the middle for 2 yards on first down) -lots of imagination there.

P and Company have taken a team that went to a BCS game and turned them into a middle of the pack MAC team.

P in the second half did the football equivilent of the four corners in basketball prior to the shot clock(just trying to kill the game clock)

Let's face it does anyone on here have faith in P and Deleone to lead us forward?

The Fiesta Bowl seems light years away from where we are now-a middle of the road "MAC" team.

If this keeps up those empty seats at the Rent will become the norm.

If P and his boys hang up another 5-7 he should be shown the door(I know it's out of character for a UCONN administration to eat a contract) .

That is where I feel we are right now.
This is not the team that went to the Fiesta Bowl. I like Lyle Mc but he is not Todman. Zach Frazier for the most part was playing better than Whitmer and we had a much better O line.

Reaction Score
I don't disagree that our OC is a complete disaster. But the players are accountable as well.

The fact that we had to sweat out an onside kick and stop the final drive against Buffalo is a disgrace. Buffalo is a bad football team. 361 yards and 17 points on the D and all people do is rail against the OC who I again believe should be fired after the year.

Don't forget that this team also put up 347 yds and 23 pts against a pretty damn good UGA team... We also held him to a worse comp % than UGA did.

huskybill

RIP, huskybill
Reaction Score
There are 2 problems with running up the middle on almost every first down. The first is that we run up the middle on almost every first down. The second is that if we, god forbid, make even a half way decent gain (3 1/2 yards or more) we therefore have to run on second down. I'm not sure when this law was passed, but we sure are sticking to it.

Reaction Score
Don't forget that this team also put up 347 yds and 23 pts against a pretty damn good UGA team... We also held him to a worse comp % than UGA did.

Are you watching that Georgia defense right now?

Reaction Score
All of this is deja vous all over again. Pasqueloni was forced to fire Deleone at Syracuse in order to keep his job. He did, but he lasted only one more year there.
UConn has argueably the best facilities for football in the country. UConn also has enjoyed tremendous success in all sports except football. We need to hire a coach who can recruit kids (at least 4 per year) that B1G or SEC teams offered along with the usual kids we get.
Edsall couldn't do that here, neither can Pasqueloni. Those 12 highly recruited kids over a 4 year period of time can make a huge difference. We need a coach who can get those kids. So far we have'nt gotten those kids. Many have developed into star players. But, imagine if we could couple these kids with 12 players highly desired.

Reaction Score
Didn't say it was the same team. But P has taken a team that went to a BCS game and has turned them into a group that is struggling to beat middling MAC teams.
P has also created ZERO buzz with this program.

This thing is currently sliding so far backwards that you can't make it up.

Lets face facts P was not the right choice to lead us forward. JH made a horrible hire and we are paying for it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom