we are a OC away from a great season | The Boneyard

we are a OC away from a great season

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score
fire delone and warde u take his spot. hell put the field hockey coach in, its a nice pay raise for her i bet.

-lyle is a good rb outside and is catching some nice passes. he is fine. i want to see him in some slot next year post nick williams
-wr's are all good enough. davis and phillips in 13 and 14 could both develope into STUDS
-hyp had a nice run, rather run the ball up the middle with him than lyle
-whitmer is developing very nice. it takes time but look, its happening. play calling is holding him back from developing more. delone hung whitmer out 2 dry 2day twice
-oline isn't going to be great but they are getting a bit better on passing protection
-nice griffin td today also
-frank is another great player at the same year level as lyle-whitmer-davis etc...future can be bright...

-st was nothing special but nothing bad today. thats fine. chad made his kick but his kickoffs wern't up to par for his usual. considering the weather, not a big deal at all.
-we fell asleep early and buffalo got that onside kick. tought one but not the end of the world by any means.
-wish we pinned that late punt but again....

-d was good overall and once again we lean heavy on them to win.
-gratz got beat a couple times by that big tall wr for buffalo. kid looked like a player i must say.
-i didn't like how the buffalo qb was able to run for big 5-12 yard gains several times it seemed
-that trick play was lucy, one of our guys got pushed way out of bounds which helped with that hole outside.

overall
-we should have won this game 35-10. buffalo pulled a few strings to keep it interesting and delone did his usual play calling wise to keep it interesting. he shows us small views of hope with certain plays then goes back to his tired self. ultra conservative to super ultra conservative to ultra conservative to conservative to smooth to con to ult con to su ult con...

i dont think p or brown are problems. i think delone has held us back. i think with a different OC we are 5-0 right now. a different OC would have got us 3 or more point in the 2nd half of the ncst game and it would have been different. a different OC would have whitmer even father along then he is right now becuase of play calling and just not being conservative. that would have us passing more and winning in a shoot out last week. we should be 5-0 from what i ahve seen. i am officially off the delone train. i dont care if we hire a clown from the mcdonalds palypin on monday but warde has to do something. if your response to me is delone goes then p also or w/e like that. then fine as long as brown gets a strong look as HC. its to that point with me now. our recruitng is getting better(#uptick) and our d is great. i believe that brown is doing good things here and so is coach p. lets put all the pieces together. what ever is needed to do that, get it done warde. this roster with whats coming in and coming back can do something the next couple years with the right coaching. this could be our ticket to a better confrence.

my hope is that warde can tell delone to leave or down grade his job and get a OC in to call plays like a big boy college football team. thats the most simple move and one that can happen right now and not have to wait until the off season. it keeps our recruits on board and the roster in tact and going in the same direction still.

we won and overall the tam is improving. that is important. but i feel we can be so much better and father along with a simple change that even after a win i'm bitching and maoning. i guess its that bad as i have been a big p supporter compared to many here. the staff now is like .500 overall so far being at uconn. the next 7 games tell me if he will be back next year or not. delone can not be either way.
sound off

Reaction Score
The interior run blocking on the line is poor. Whitmer is good if you give him time. The receivers have better hands than last year, but there aren't a ton of playmakers.

Deleone doesn't even look like he's trying anymore.

UCFBfan

Semi Kings of New England!
Reaction Score
I disagree that the team is improving overall. On offense Whitmer and the receivers are looking better. That's an improvement. Special Teams is fine and I've been impressed with the PK in trying to replace Teggart.

However, I feel our defense is falling apart. I'm not blaming coaches on this as much as I think it's an injury problem. The overall problem with the defense degrading is that the team still relies on them to win the game and that's just not going to happen as much. The pressure in the backfield is gone and probably a result of losing Joseph and Jennings. Also, teams are realizing that they can take our LB's out of the game by using the short game and forcing them into coverage. We allowed 361 yards to Buffalo, who was missing their starting RB. That's not going to cut it.

Today was disappointing and it's looking like it could possibly be a very long Big East season. Entering next week against Rutgers I feel like it's going to get ugly. However, I really hope I'm proven wrong. Maybe they turn this around. Who knows. I'm just really worried about the defense and how this impacts us because our offense is still just not that good, for whatever reason (likely play calling)

Reaction Score
We need to fire Deleone ASAP. He sucks as an OC. It was so frustrating watching him running up the middle with McCombs first and second down almost the entire second half. McCombs is not an north/south back. I rather see Hippolite run up the middle but he hardly get any chance.

Fire this OC now! It is so frustrating watching this guy calling play after play. We should have blew this team out but we let them hung around until the final sec.

A not very good Miami team just dropped 44 on NC ST D today. We could not manage 7 at home. That's horrible.

Reaction Score
Guys, you can complain about the coaches all you want, and I don't want to see DeLeone back next year......but we just don't have the players right now. I'm more convinced of that now. Just enjoy the games cause I think it's gonna be a long year.
don't agree. The playcalling impedes our ability to score. Go to the spread let Whitmer throw.

Reaction Score
Guys, you can complain about the coaches all you want, and I don't want to see DeLeone back next year......but we just don't have the players right now. I'm more convinced of that now. Just enjoy the games cause I think it's gonna be a long year.

If you give Whitmer time and space he's pretty darn good. Deleone is basically giving away a down each time by just running McCombs straight up the middle.

There is just no creativity, no imagination.

Reaction Score

Who did we lose to get us to fall back to the level of Buffalo Wings? I just don't buy that we've had a major drop off in talent. What I do see is that we've wasted a ton of focus on the Wildcat and stubbornly refuse to build on any success we have. Then we revert back to pounding Lyle up the middle. It's a recipe for failure. Kinda like putting 2 people together with the same ingredients and telling them to make dinner. One turns out great and the other just burns down the kitchen. Somebody is burning down our offense.

Uconnalliance

Please cancel the program all hope is lost
Reaction Score
Rutgers and Cincy gonna smash us to death if this lame offense continues.

Reaction Score
Did anyone at the game notice Warde pacing the sideline during warmups and right before halftime? I didn't notice him doing that before the first two home games this year. Perhaps he's now keeping a closer eye on the coaches.

Reaction Score
You can blame Deleone all you want( which he definately deserves blame), but PP is the headcoach and don't think that's not a factor. He's calling the shots... Deleone is just doing his bidding. PP doesn't coach the game to win, he coaches not to lose..thats his philosophy....if you understand that statement, you will understand why there is so much frustration watching the offensive strategy.. when you coach not to lose, you don't want to risk ints, your mainly trying to run down the clock, pp doesn't like getting too creative....at least he know McCombs won't fumble, that's how PP thinks.

Reaction Score
Did someone in this thread actually say the DEFENSE is falling apart?

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score
The d is fine. Couple tough injuries will make us a top 25 d this year instead of top 5-10. Thats all. Good enough for most team and styles of play in america.

Reaction Score
Watching UC vs. VT right now. UC OC has no problem going down field on a good VT defense. He is constantly attacking. Our OC sucks. If we can't get rid of Deleone, we need to get rid of PP. We are not going to win many games with the style we are playing now. We barely beat a crappy Buffalo team. If Deleone does not open up the offense, we be lucky to win 1 or 2 games in the BE. Get rid of this guy now. He is way past his prime. This isn't the 80s anymore.

Reaction Score

...and can we please start a "Fire__________" dedicated thread so all post about firing DeLeone and Coach Soup du Jour can be funneled/posted there so we don't go through this each and every week on every freaking thread! It was done for Recruiting and Conference ReAlignment - please, please do it for this.

Reaction Score
Who did we lose to get us to fall back to the level of Buffalo Wings? I just don't buy that we've had a major drop off in talent. What I do see is that we've wasted a ton of focus on the Wildcat and stubbornly refuse to build on any success we have. Then we revert back to pounding Lyle up the middle. It's a recipe for failure. Kinda like putting 2 people together with the same ingredients and telling them to make dinner. One turns out great and the other just burns down the kitchen. Somebody is burning down our offense.

I don't disagree that our OC is a complete disaster. But the players are accountable as well.

The fact that we had to sweat out an onside kick and stop the final drive against Buffalo is a disgrace. Buffalo is a bad football team. 361 yards and 17 points on the D and all people do is rail against the OC who I again believe should be fired after the year.

Reaction Score
I don't disagree that our OC is a complete disaster. But the players are accountable as well.

The fact that we had to sweat out an onside kick and stop the final drive against Buffalo is a disgrace. Buffalo is a bad football team. 361 yards and 17 points on the D and all people do is rail against the OC who I again believe should be fired after the year.

Jimmy if you talk to much sense around here, people might start trying to suck the life out of you.

Reaction Score

I think we can all agree though if we go for the jugular it's a very different score, just no push to have a track meet by Dele-none. We invented the prevent offense.

Reaction Score
When does a win feel like a loss- Today !!! Just disgusted.

The play calling is awful (how many times are we running lil'Lyle thru the middle for 2 yards on first down) -lots of imagination there.

P and Company have taken a team that went to a BCS game and turned them into a middle of the pack MAC team.

P in the second half did the football equivilent of the four corners in basketball prior to the shot clock(just trying to kill the game clock)

Let's face it does anyone on here have faith in P and Deleone to lead us forward?

The Fiesta Bowl seems light years away from where we are now-a middle of the road "MAC" team.

If this keeps up those empty seats at the Rent will become the norm.

If P and his boys hang up another 5-7 he should be shown the door(I know it's out of character for a UCONN administration to eat a contract) .

That is where I feel we are right now.

Reaction Score
When does a win feel like a loss- Today !!! Just disgusted.

The play calling is awful (how many times are we running lil'Lyle thru the middle for 2 yards on first down) -lots of imagination there. AND DON'T FORGET SECOND DOWN TOO.

P and Company have taken a team that went to a BCS game and turned them into a middle of the pack MAC team. WE ARE A MAC TEAM NOW.

P in the second half did the football equivilent of the four corners in basketball prior to the shot clock(just trying to kill the game clock)

Let's face it does anyone on here have faith in P and Deleone to lead us forward? NO. I'LL BET NO ONE DOES.

The Fiesta Bowl seems light years away from where we are now-a middle of the road "MAC" team. CHECK.

If this keeps up those empty seats at the Rent will become the norm. CHECK

If Pa nd the boys hang up another 5-7 he should be shown the door(I know it's out of character for a UCONN administration to eat a contract) .

That is where I feel we are right now. YOU ARE RIGHT.

Reaction Score
Did anyone at the game notice Warde pacing the sideline during warmups and right before halftime? I didn't notice him doing that before the first two home games this year. Perhaps he's now keeping a closer eye on the coaches.

YES!!!!!

Uconnalliance

Reaction Score
He was afraid Uconn was gonna lose to his alma mater.

Uconnalliance

Reaction Score
don't agree. The playcalling impedes our ability to score. Go to the spread let Whitmer throw.
Amen,if not were gonna get smoked by a lot of teams starting next week.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom