We are a better team without Oriahki | The Boneyard

We are a better team without Oriahki

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
What a great win! Kevin Ollie can clearly coach
And this team loves playing for him. They're clicking
On all cylinders and Coach has them rebounding.

I think the biggest thing is that the chemistry is
So much better this year than last year and that
Is a direct result of not having all that whining and
Complaining and bitching that we had last year
From Oriahki. We are clearly a better team without him!

Bring on the 'Ville!

Reaction Score

Bring on the 'Ville!

That's what you want to talk about after that well played a win? Good for you. Most people can't begin to carry grudges against people who did nothing to them personally for that long.

Reaction Score
That's what you want to talk about after that well played a win? Good for you. Most people can't begin to carry grudges against people who did nothing to them personally for that long.

That's the last thing I want to talk about. And it goes on and on.
But, he's gotta point.

I wouldn't trade anyone on this team for AO.

Reaction Score
It's a win like this that makes you realize it.
The team is gelling. Olander and Wolff are
Rebounding and Shabazz and Boat are
Scoring and distributing the ball. It's a balanced
Team and no one is complaining.

Reaction Score
It's a win like this that makes you realize it.
The team is gelling. Olander and Wolff are
Rebounding and Shabazz and Boat are
Scoring and distributing the ball. It's a balanced
Team and no one is complaining.

They won because they made plays when they needed to, guys like Olander stepped up to the plate, and they held off an ND run at the end. That's pretty much it. The rest is just you fantasizing. I could just as easily say they would have beaten NC State with Oriakhi out there.

Reaction Score
They're winning because of Boat, Bazz, lots of improvement from the others, and especially because of Ollie.

Reaction Score
They won because they made plays when they needed to, guys like Olander stepped up to the plate, and they held off an ND run at the end. That's pretty much it. The rest is just you fantasizing. I could just as easily say they would have beaten NC State with Oriakhi out there.

Stop fanticising. They could have beaten NCST with AD. He and AO aren't here. The bigs we are left with have been stepping up lately.

I want players who want to be Huskies. AO is not one of those.

Reaction Score
In hindsight Oriahki did the program a favor by leaving. Because of the tournament ban we are building for next year and Oriahki's departure has allowed Wolf and Olander more playing time to develop their game. Orahki leaving is a win, win for him and UCONN.

Reaction Score

Ut ohhh. Mr. Oriakhi is back. I remember you incessantly supporting him last year. Guy is a bum and a joke of a person who has bricks for hands and the most sensitive skin ever. But if that's what you look for in an athlete; to each his own.

Reaction Score

Bring on the 'Ville!

+1 I completely agree. AO was a real cancer. Let him go "not pro" at Mizzou instead of UConn.

Reaction Score

Bring on the 'Ville!

I think its time to move on...actually it was time to move on several months ago.

The guy made a decision that he thought was best for him and his family.

And when it comes to loyalty remember when uconn told several players that it would be best for them to leave the program (trice and darius and a number of others)...You can't go bezerk when a player leaves the program but not even blink an eye when the program leaves a ton of players as well.

Its the nature of the business, I hate it, it sucks for everyone involved, it makes me sick seeing AO in any other jersey thats not husky blue, but to harp on AO for this long, who was instrumental in our last championship run, and also just a great guy overall his first two years, a fan favorite, is just ridiculous and immature at best.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score

Bring on the 'Ville!

I'm sorry, who are you talking about?

Reaction Score
Ut ohhh. Mr. Oriakhi is back. I remember you incessantly supporting him last year. Guy is a bum and a joke of a person who has bricks for hands and the most sensitive skin ever. But if that's what you look for in an athlete; to each his own.

Actually, there was nothing in my post that supported Oriakhi in any way. The fact that you needed to read it that way is very sad.

Reaction Score
Actually, there was nothing in my post that supported Oriakhi in any way. The fact that you needed to read it that way is very sad.[/quote

Really? The guy calls out Oriakhi and you claim hes holding a grudge and that its sad. Who else are you defending then. He made a valid point that we are better without Alex. If we could get Soph year Alex, then this would not be the case. But if Junior year Alex showed up, then the OP point is valid. Now you its up to you if you actually want to debate the original post at any time....

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
I think its time to move on...actually it was time to move on several months ago.

The guy made a decision that he thought was best for him and his family.

And when it comes to loyalty remember when uconn told several players that it would be best for them to leave the program (trice and darius and a number of others)...You can't go bezerk when a player leaves the program but not even blink an eye when the program leaves a ton of players as well.

Its the nature of the business, I hate it, it sucks for everyone involved, it makes me sick seeing AO in any other jersey thats not husky blue, but to harp on AO for this long, who was instrumental in our last championship run, and also just a great guy overall his first two years, a fan favorite, is just ridiculous and immature at best.
No one is dumping on RS for transferring. The gripe with AO is what he had to say last year and this year in the public forum. RS left in a gracious way. AO did not and still makes remarks. Other than that I have to agree with UConn93, that AO leaving was a blessing in disguise.

Reaction Score
He had a bad day as his team lost to Miss. by 15. AO had 4 pts and 6 RB 's in 23 min.

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
UConn needs players with ten toes in.

Alex, sadly, was only born with eight toes. It was just a bad fit - that's just nature.

I feel bad for AO, actually - not that he needs it, but I do.

You can constantly read quotes from saying about how he's finally happy playing basketball again. And he usually says it after a good performance...and then he follows that with a bad performance. (He was invisible tonight and Mizzou got stomped.)

At this point, I think his constant refrains about being happy are an attempt to convince himself that he is. There's just a gear missing in the kid and, unfortunately, that gear is the competitive one - I don't think he likes competition or he's afraid of looking bad or finding out that someone's better than he is or whatever. Challenge him enough and he'll find any reason not to be near the basketball - can see that Haith realizes that and will just pull him out of the game when it's clear that he's been broken by the other team.

I think he's a very good kid - really, a good kid. Put Jeff Adrien's soul in AO's body and he'd break rims and sternums and foreheads.

AO is just not a killer.

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score
i feel the need to start a "ALEX O" thread and merge all 100 of them together. the next person who wants to talk about him gets hung this spring for our adopt a team(cough a b10 team...). and by hung i mean we go csi and find our where u live and fishy shows up at your house. i would be to drunk to find your adress. the ao ppl here have randy edsall syndrome. they left uconn. we dodn't kick them out of fire them. they left. get over it and stop looking like a group of idiots every time u talk about said person. every time u start a thread u are just stiring the pot waiting for daddy crazy'o to say something else.

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
UConn needs players with ten toes in.

Alex, sadly, was only born with eight toes. It was just a bad fit - that's just nature.

I feel bad for AO, actually - not that he needs it, but I do.

You can constantly read quotes from saying about how he's finally happy playing basketball again. And he usually says it after a good performance...and then he follows that with a bad performance. (He was invisible tonight and Mizzou got stomped.)

At this point, I think his constant refrains about being happy are an attempt to convince himself that he is. There's just a gear missing in the kid and, unfortunately, that gear is the competitive one - I don't think he likes competition or he's afraid of looking bad or finding out that someone's better than he is or whatever. Challenge him enough and he'll find any reason not to be near the basketball - can see that Haith realizes that and will just pull him out of the game when it's clear that he's been broken by the other team.

I think he's a very good kid - really, a good kid. Put Jeff Adrien's soul in AO's body and he'd break rims and sternums and foreheads.

AO is just not a killer.
Problem one is his father. The guy is a put down artist, so it's no wonder AO has these mental lapses.
Problem two is his father. The guy is super critical so no wonder AO refused to try to improve under another demanding person.
Problem three is his father. The guy condemns everyone else for things going wrong so no wonder AO has taken this route.

You are probably correct, if AO had Jeff's body he would have been Mr. Destructo. I would have settled if he could have ever figured out how to play defense on the pick and roll. The sad truth is that if AO had stayed he would have learned a lot from KO, who I believe has the type of personality to help even a basket case (pun intended) like AO.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MTSuitsky

Top Bottom