We ALL Need to Remember this 1 VERY Important Piece of Information About the State of UCONN Football | Page 2 | The Boneyard

We ALL Need to Remember this 1 VERY Important Piece of Information About the State of UCONN Football

Status
Not open for further replies.

Uconnalliance

Please cancel the program all hope is lost
Reaction Score
Can't wait to read all the posts after we kick the living shacocka out of stonybrook next sat! Should be funny to a major attitude change from this week, and yes we should kill them that I know.

Reaction Score
Hoophound said:
It's kind of irrelevant. He it said before we got our asses kicked by BYU, so it wasn't sour grapes. I wasn't impressed last night, but I've been pretty sure almost every one of our National Champ basketball teams was crashing and burning at some point in the season, the 99' team the lone exception. Things can change quick and I think we'll get much better. In fact, it could be very easy to get much better, more Cochran, Newsome and Mariner.
It's funny you mention the basketball teams in this context. , the '11 season was a total dumpster fire. In the other thread I noted the crowd was listless and down. I was down on our future, but I have to keep things in perspective. Things can change quick and I can see that BYU is the real deal. Props to them. Maybe HCBD did treat that game as an exhibition. That stinks, but it's way too early to judge a season on one game, especially one where we were seriously overmatched. I'm still and always will be a fan. See y'all for Stony Brook.

SonsOfNutmeg

#TheCut #HuskyRevolution
Reaction Score
Next week is the real litmus test, IMO. Last year we probably would've lost to Stony Brook.
We did... we lost to Towson. They got destroyed this weekend by CENTRAL CT!

Reaction Score
SonsOfNutmeg said:
We did... we lost to Towson. They got destroyed this weekend by CENTRAL CT!

No excuses for Pasqualoni's & Deleone's inept coaching last year, but Towson this season is younger and missing its previous senior-dominated stars and starters of last year.

RedStickHusky

formerly SeoulHuskyFan
Reaction Score
First of all, I think the consensus was before this game that BYU was going to blow our doors off. Everyone gets that.

But there is a difference between setting expectations and making excuses for losing games we have not played yet, and that difference matters.

I think HBCD needs to be more focused on his message to the team right now then on his message to the BY -- Giving them achievable metrics in the context of a 'preseason' game makes the next week about continuing to improve rather than dwelling on more failure. I saw a few positives in this game, they've all been noted elsewhere. The negatives, mostly the qb rotation, could be a function of prioritizing things we need to look at over managing the game. I'm not sure how I'd feel about that if I bought a full price ticket but it makes sense on a developmental level. BTW, I did see us beating blocks on the pass rush but T. Hill was as advertised. He's very good at changing the rushers angles.

Reaction Score
I think HBCD needs to be more focused on his message to the team right now then on his message to the BY -- Giving them achievable metrics in the context of a 'preseason' game makes the next week about continuing to improve rather than dwelling on more failure. I saw a few positives in this game, they've all been noted elsewhere. The negatives, mostly the qb rotation, could be a function of prioritizing things we need to look at over managing the game. I'm not sure how I'd feel about that if I bought a full price ticket but it makes sense on a developmental level. BTW, I did see us beating blocks on the pass rush but T. Hill was as advertised. He's very good at changing the rushers angles.
If you have had season tickets for 4+ seasons you understand know what the product was Edsall put on the field and what was put out the past 3 years. It is going to take some time for Diaco to correct 3 years of flat out coaching....a lot more than 9 months of practices and weight training.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TBall

Top Bottom