Not open for further replies.

JordyG

Stake in my pocket, Vlad to see you
Reaction Score
Missed your voice. I hope all is well.

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
Got some things that need attending. I'm in and out, just not posting as much. Big thanks to JS and Biff for carrying the load in my absence.

For the long timers here - my oldest boy was a newborn when I started posting on the Boneyard. He just started his senior year of college! My husband and I went to Parent's Weekend this past weekend, one of the reasons I haven't been around much. Gosh, where does the time go?

Dan.jpg

JordyG

Reaction Score
Got some things that need attending. I'm in and out, just not posting as much. Big thanks to JS and Biff for carrying the load in my absence.

For the long timers here - my oldest boy was a newborn when I started posting on the Boneyard. He just started his senior year of college! My husband and I went to Parent's Weekend this past weekend, one of the reasons I haven't been around much. Gosh, where does the time go?

View attachment 15714
Are you insinuating that we're getting old?

Dillon77

WBB Enthusiast; ND Alum, Fan
Reaction Score

View attachment 15714

Congrats, Nan. Even us "newcomers" (and from other schools, no less) can relate: I'm keeping track of my youngest's transAtlantic trip to England where she's spending her semester abroad at the University of East Anglia in Norwich. And I just made hotel reservations for February 2017 (she's back in Indiana at that point) and Junior Parents Weekend. Whoosh! Thanks for everything you do here...very much appreciated. :)

Reaction Score
Hey Nan, congrats! Some of the kids I taught/coached when I started are now in their late 40's and early 50's!
The years go flying by! I keep in touch with a few.

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
Congrats, Nan. Even us "newcomers" (and from other schools, no less) can relate: I'm keeping track of my youngest's transAtlantic trip to England where she's spending her semester abroad at the University of East Anglia in Norwich. And I just made hotel reservations for February 2017 (she's back in Indiana at that point) and Junior Parents Weekend. Whoosh! Thanks for everything you do here...very much appreciated. :)
My oldest spent a term, about 7.5 weeks, in Hong Kong this past January. Eeek! My son Skyped us every Sunday so we could chat and he could show us his room, etc. It was awesome and it reassured this nervous mom.

JordyG

Reaction Score
My oldest spent a term, about 7.5 weeks, in Hong Kong this past January. Eeek! My son Skyped us every Sunday so we could chat and he could show us his room, etc. It was awesome and it reassured this nervous mom.
Nervous mom? That's the ravishing Ms Horne you're rockin'! A women with nerves and guts of steel.

Reaction Score

I used to live there. Where did he live? How did he like it?

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
I used to live there. Where did he live? How did he like it?
My son actually lived in an apartment building in Kowloon and commuted to Hong Kong. The apartment was on the western side, towards the bay. He was with a group of other students from his college and his particular project was studying traffic patters in a section of Hong Kong and making recommendations on questions the sponsor had raised.

He had a great time, really enjoyed trying international cuisines and cruising the night market. The Thursday Pub Crawl was a hit too. Some kids went to Macau but my son missed that trip. I know he liked the January weather - usually in the 60's - even though there was a short-lived polar vortex that dropped the temps into the 30's for a few days. He pretty much froze because there was no heat in the apartment. WHile he was ready to come come after almost 2 months, I know he enjoyed the trip a great deal.

Reaction Score
My son actually lived in an apartment building in Kowloon and commuted to Hong Kong. The apartment was on the western side, towards the bay. He was with a group of other students from his college and his particular project was studying traffic patters in a section of Hong Kong and making recommendations on questions the sponsor had raised.

He had a great time, really enjoyed trying international cuisines and cruising the night market. The Thursday Pub Crawl was a hit too. Some kids went to Macau but my son missed that trip. I know he liked the January weather - usually in the 60's - even though there was a short-lived polar vortex that dropped the temps into the 30's for a few days. He pretty much froze because there was no heat in the apartment. WHile he was ready to come come after almost 2 months, I know he enjoyed the trip a great deal.
I always Kowloon was just what the mainland part of HK was called. Anyway, regarding traffic patterns, I remember in the mid '90's (before the 1997 China takeover) when they converted most of the toll booths for the Victoria Harbor tunnel to scannable car tags. Normally that is done to increase traffic efficiency and also labor efficiency (no toll-takers required). But in HK the toll-takers kept their jobs and remained in the booths, watching the cars go by and get scanned.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99

Top Bottom