Washington Post article with info on internet rumors | The Boneyard

Washington Post article with info on internet rumors

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score
just imagine how warde and susan feel with what i have been doing lately....i'll push this mother fucker along if they wont

Reaction Score
just imagine how warde and susan feel with what i have been doing lately....i'll push this mother ****er along if they wont

UConn is not spending months making and implementing the decision. Here is what would happen if Delaney called Hebst:

Herbst's phone "ring, ring"
Susan: "Hello?"
Jim: "Susan, it's Jim Delaney, the Commissioner of ..."
Susan: "Yes. Effective when?"

Unfortunately, HFD, it's not the UConn side we need you to speed up.

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score
UConn is not spending months making and implementing the decision. Here is what would happen if Delaney called Hebst:

thats why i'm pumping uva.

Reaction Score
“The real problem is that commissioners of athletic conferences can dictate terms to universities that effectively hijack the possibility of debate, and that is just plain wrong.”

Bounce that up against SH comment yesterday... "I think everybody needs to understand it's not like the court of law where everybody is called upon in a systematic way to make their rational evidenced-based case about who they are," UConn President Susan Herbst said of the process.. "It's highly volatile. It's political. It's perceptual."

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score

Answering machine: "Hello..."

Answering machine:: "...you have reached the Office of Susan Herbst, President of the University of Connecticut. I cannot take your call right now as I am out of the country watching woman's basketball. Your call is important to us. Not as important as a island junket but important nonetheless. Please leave your message after the tone and I will return your call as soon as possible, provided that the field hockey team is not playing...

oh and uh...win, win win, mcwinning, win...uh, win....BEEEEP!"

Jim: (pause followed by a click and dial tone)

Reaction Score
“The real problem is that commissioners of athletic conferences can dictate terms to universities that effectively hijack the possibility of debate, and that is just plain wrong.”

Bounce that up against SH comment yesterday... "I think everybody needs to understand it's not like the court of law where everybody is called upon in a systematic way to make their rational evidenced-based case about who they are," UConn President Susan Herbst said of the process.. "It's highly volatile. It's political. It's perceptual."

Sorry -- I'm missing your point.

junglehusky

Molotov Cocktail of Ugliness
Reaction Score

Answering machine: "Hello..."

Answering machine:: "...you have reached the Office of Susan Herbst, President of the University of Connecticut. I cannot take your call right now as I am out of the country watching woman's basketball. Your call is important to us. Not as important as a island junket but important nonetheless. Please leave your message after the tone and I will return your call as soon as possible, provided that the field hockey team is not playing...

oh and uh...win, win win, mcwinning, win...uh, win....BEEEEP!"

Jim: (pause followed by a click and dial tone)
Satire is funnier when it is based on real situations. So, this post is unfunny.

Reaction Score

Sorry -- I'm missing your point.

Ha - maybe I am too.

Just thought the point Herbst made yesterday about it not being a rational evidence based presentation process and the quote from the UMD officials that the conference commissioners appear to dictate terms and stifle debate were not that dissimilar.

Reaction Score
Ha - maybe I am too.

Just thought the point Herbst made yesterday about it not being a rational evidence based presentation process and the quote from the UMD officials that the conference commissioners appear to dictate terms and stifle debate were not that dissimilar.

I think they address two different things. Hebst is just whining. She's telling people that we can only position UConn to be a school conferences should want but we can't make them take us. Which is true but of little import.

The other post from McMillan is actually very interesting and important. he is making the point, accurately, that state institutions are being put in a position where the governmental decision making process is shortchanged because conference commissioners are creating time crisis that just don't exist. Frankly, he is absolutely correct but it can join the long list of irrationalities in the college sports universe.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vincent22

Top Bottom