Warde.manuel@uconn.edu | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Warde.manuel@uconn.edu

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
On top of that, I personally believe you don't have to look to far to find your replacement.....He's done a pretty good job making our defense a top 15 in the country despite the constant pressure they've been under with poor field position battles and max time on the field.

Reaction Score
On top of that, I personally believe you don't have to look to far to find your replacement.....He's done a pretty good job making our defense a top 15 in the country despite the constant pressure they've been under with poor field position battles and max time on the field.

Clearly if you want to go with DB you wait till January. But the pool shrinks the longer you go. If we are going to go outside we need time. That's IF it happens to begin with.

Reaction Score
If he needs to go, he needs to go in December after the season is over. It can't be about saving $250K in the buyout. We need time to find his replacement, if that's the way we are going to go.

Correct. Needs to be fired Dcember 1st immediately following the Cincinnati game.

Reaction Score
hey look. If the media doesnt want to ask the questions I guess we will. game on.

Reaction Score
Also... athleticdirector@uconn.edu. I posted this somewhere else but to reiterate - it's likely more effective to write a real letter and proofread as best you can, print it out on good quality paper with letterhead, sign it and send to :

Office of the Athletic Director
2095 Hillside Road Unit 1173,
Storrs, CT 06269

Some tips (feel free to add your own)... Make sure to spell Warde Manuel correctly, first of all... (heh). You might include "Dr." instead of Mr. if you address him in the body of the letter (I'm sure Dr. Gross wasn't the only AD with a PhD). If you are an alum, include your affiliation and graduating year... of course identify if you're a season ticket holder, how many years, etc., but also can mention if your friends / coworkers are less enthusiastic about the state of the program. If you have young kids, mention that you want them to be part of UConn culture at football games so they'll grow up being Husky fans and maybe tuition-paying students. I think it's good to include personal anecdotes to demonstrate what the program means to you, and what it does for UConn. That makes it more meaningful when you're saying that you're disappointed and are asking for a change in the coach. It's up to you if you want to make a demand (if _____ is still coaching I'll cancel my season tickets) or just express your disappointment. I think these folks know when teams lose, the fans are less enthusiastic and buy less tickets, less merchandise, and the brand name diminishes.
I am on this

Reaction Score
Same here... I must of sent the guy about 4 emails in one day... lol

It is for this reason why email is no longer effective as a communication vehicle unless the recipient has an established relationship with the sender. Way too much noise.

Much better to send a written letter. I did this twice with Herbst. She responded both times wthin a week - one response was pro forma, the other personalized.

Reaction Score
I'm thinking we need to trick him with a spam-sounding email title........

<<<***Add 14 points to your offensive output per week, click here for details***>>>
lol...he would probably get a laugh out of that at the same time. I am down with that plan!

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score
I'm thinking we need to trick him with a spam-sounding email title........

<<<***Add 14 points to your offensive output per week, click here for details***>>>

my email subject was "Grow Your" then the body....School by giving P and D the sorry news........

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Newbie32

Top Bottom