Warde Manual is not worried... | The Boneyard

Warde Manual is not worried...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
"UConn spokesman Mike Enright said UConn, as it always has, continues to monitor the changing landscape. He also said athletic director Warde Manuel is on his way to the Virgin Islands for the men's game in the Paradise Jam Monday night. He'll be stay there for the women's Paradise Jam that includes the UConn women and starts Thursday.

the-humpy-dar-37.jpg

Reaction Score
Let's hope, nothing impressive from him yet.

Let Susan be on point.

"UConn spokesman Mike Enright said UConn, as it always has, continues to monitor the changing landscape. He also said athletic director Warde Manuel is on his way to the Virgin Islands for the men's game in the Paradise Jam Monday night. He'll be stay there for the women's Paradise Jam that includes the UConn women and starts Thursday.

the-humpy-dar-37.jpg

Reaction Score
Let's hope, nothing impressive from him yet.

Let Susan be on point.
Can you explain what he was supposed to have done in the short time he's been the AD to impress people?

Give a long term contract to a guy who has never been the head coach?
Fire a coach in the middle of his second year?

You can argue in favor of those debatable decisions, but there's no way to say those decisions would have been "impressive" because the impacts wouldn't be known for years.

Football's OOC scheduling is a wreck he deserves some criticism for that.

I don't see why any AD would be the point on this. These are major issues involving the BOTs at schools, why wouldn't the presidents be the lead?

Reaction Score
This is too big for Warde. Sorry, but Susan Herbst has to take this on and Warde just needs to play a supporting role.

UCFBfan

Semi Kings of New England!
Reaction Score
Can you explain what he was supposed to have done in the short time he's been the AD to impress people?

Give a long term contract to a guy who has never been the head coach?
Fire a coach in the middle of his second year?

You can argue in favor of those debatable decisions, but there's no way to say those decisions would have been "impressive" because the impacts wouldn't be known for years.

Football's OOC scheduling is a wreck he deserves some criticism for that.

I don't see why any AD would be the point on this. These are major issues involving the BOTs at schools, why wouldn't the presidents be the lead?

It's a good point....who is usually the person who pushes this? I always assumed it was the AD since that's kinda their job. The President has to actually look out for the University as a whole...not just the athletic program. Is she the one really pursuing this?

I mean this as an honest statement. There's no criticism in my comment. I just always assumed the AD was in charge of the athletic program so they'd be the ones pursuing that departments location in the NCAA.

junglehusky

Molotov Cocktail of Ugliness
Reaction Score
From what I've read about other conference moves, the president is the one that does a lot of the networking, research etc., because there's more than just athletics involved. The AD can facilitate/consult/have input. I'd hope that WM's contacts in the Big Ten were part of the legwork. In the end the president is the one that actually makes the decision.

Reaction Score
It's a good point....who is usually the person who pushes this? I always assumed it was the AD since that's kinda their job. The President has to actually look out for the University as a whole...not just the athletic program. Is she the one really pursuing this?

I mean this as an honest statement. There's no criticism in my comment. I just always assumed the AD was in charge of the athletic program so they'd be the ones pursuing that departments location in the NCAA.
i've always assumed there was far too much money involved for this to simply be an AD issue. There are potentially hundreds of millions of dollars at stake for the schools over the life of the TV contracts. I think my assumption makes more sense, but it is no more than a guess.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Huskymedic....I give you credit for using your vacation photos in your post. :cool:

Oh phew. I was thinking that Beyonce had really let herself go!:eek:

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Uhhh... yea. That's my end of summer "sicilian" tan.
Well there is a pretty big Moorish influence in Sicily.

Reaction Score
From what I've read about other conference moves, the president is the one that does a lot of the networking, research etc., because there's more than just athletics involved. The AD can facilitate/consult/have input. I'd hope that WM's contacts in the Big Ten were part of the legwork. In the end the president is the one that actually makes the decision.

Depends on school structure I gather:

TomLuicci 11:39am via Twitter for iPhone
Rutgers president Robert Barchi says AD Tim Pernetti has the authority to accept any conference invites. No Board of Governors ok needed.

But doesn't say that further approval isn't needed.

Reaction Score
These decisions are way beyond the purview of the AD. These are President and BOT decisions. In our case its about short term issues like exit fees, added costs--added revenue assessments, and long term issues such as academic impact. And for the offering conference, the Pres 's do the voting not the AD's . This is about Pres to Pres lobbying. AD's may gather info and be empowered to act (like Pernetti) but they call no shots.

Reaction Score
I guess we are gonna find out if Susan Herbst lives up to the hype.

Reaction Score
Thread reminds me of the hunt for red October when all the Russian submariners were hyping the ability of Rameus while on the deck waiting to be saved.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CJasmer

Top Bottom