Want to see a possible UConn target from courtside? | The Boneyard

Want to see a possible UConn target from courtside?

Blakeon18

Dormie
Reaction Score
Wednesday at 4:00 at Loomis Chaffee in Windsor....Worcester Academy at Loomis.
Aliyah Boston is a 2019 'big' who seems to have caught Geno's eye....she was at First Night in October.
She was a late cut in Colorado at the USA17U trials last May. She has just turned 15 so she must have been around 14 and 1/2 at that time. I seem to remember that after the cut she said that now she knew what she had to work on. Great attitude! I hope May 2017 finds her out there for some high level competition.

I think Worcester has lost once...and Loomis maybe twice. Hopefully the game will be competitive with perhaps a big or two from Loomis in the mix.

I can't wait to see her play. Hopefully a certain Boneyarder who shall remain nameless will be able to attend.
Last thing we need is for postgame ramblings from only me.

A [hopeful] prediction: A UConn coach drops by to check Aliyah out.
Props: a very nice gesture by the Worcester Academy coach Sherry Levin to pass on a change in the game time.

Last edited:

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
Hmmm, sounds like fun. But my better half's birthday tomorrow.....better not be away. :cool:

Blakeon18

Dormie
Reaction Score
It was worth going to the game!
Worcester Academy beat Loomis 56-46...pretty much controlling the game from the tip....primarily due to soph big Aliyah [Peaches] Boston. She had 21 points [9 of 14 from the floor...3 of 4 from the line....around 18 boards...a handful of blocks].

Daddy C's presence clearly upgraded the hoop glitterati quotient in the gym...though the arrival of Chris Dailey overshadowed DC by just a tad.

First time I have seen her play so take all this with many grains of salt.
Aliyah looks about 6'3"...a big frame...not slender....not a wide-body.
She is very mobile, runs the court very well for he size...looks darn strong.
Question: is she too young to be seriously involved in weights?

'Go to' move: get down low....quick/decisive spin moves to right or left to finish with either hand. Face-up shots...too little arc imo....looks like she is pushing the ball and some work on technique will help. 'Unpolished' might be a fair word to describe her offensive game.

Stands out: she has a good handle in the full court game for her youth and size. Brought the ball up for 40-45 feet occasionally against the press.
Not in a straight line dribble...some zig-zag in there....right hand/left hand.
Not too many 6'3" college kids can do that....much less a 15 year old soph.
You figure that is not the most important asset for a big....but one that will come in handy on occasion.

Loomis had one kid around 6'1"...and a couple of reasonably athletic kids around 5'11". Not exactly the Baylor bigs but Aliyah was challenged by double teams etc. She played with a lot of energy...maybe missed 2 minutes out of the 32. Unselfish...nice passes out of doubleteams to open perimeter players.

UConn needs to keep an eye on her down the road. When she enters college we will have just said 'good-bye' to Katie/Napheesa/Azura....some frontcourt openings will be there for the taking?

If you live near Worcester and love to follow possible targets, check out their schedule and add your wisdom. Worcester comes out to Suffield Academy on February 1...am already looking forward to that.

Sidenote: Loomis has a nice guard Dominque Leonidas headed to Brown.
A Crystal-sized point...with a somewhat similar game...fun to watch.
Combine her with the grandniece of HuskybandDad...Mackenzie Helms...and Loomis has a darn good high school duo. HuskybandDad...she can play! Scrappy/aggressive/pretty quick/smart...had 10 points. Only a soph I was told....would not be one bit surprised if she plays at some level of college ball.

Let's keep an eye out for Peaches courtside this season....maybe against South Carolina if there is no conflict with her own game....maybe in the NCAA game in Storrs and/or Bridgeport.

DC: got wisdom to add?

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
@blakeon18, It is not too early for Peaches to be involved in weight training provided it is done properly with the goal of enhancing her basketball.

Reaction Score
It was worth going to the game!
Worcester Academy beat Loomis 56-46...pretty much controlling the game from the tip....primarily due to soph big Aliyah [Peaches] Boston. She had 21 points [9 of 14 from the floor...3 of 4 from the line....around 18 boards...a handful of blocks].

Daddy C's presence clearly upgraded the hoop glitterati quotient in the gym...though the arrival of Chris Dailey overshadowed DC by just a tad.

First time I have seen her play so take all this with many grains of salt.
Aliyah looks about 6'3"...a big frame...not slender....not a wide-body.
She is very mobile, runs the court very well for he size...looks darn strong.
Question: is she too young to be seriously involved in weights?

'Go to' move: get down low....quick/decisive spin moves to right or left to finish with either hand. Face-up shots...too little arc imo....looks like she is pushing the ball and some work on technique will help. 'Unpolished' might be a fair word to describe her offensive game.

Stands out: she has a good handle in the full court game for her youth and size. Brought the ball up for 40-45 feet occasionally against the press.
Not in a straight line dribble...some zig-zag in there....right hand/left hand.
Not too many 6'3" college kids can do that....much less a 15 year old soph.
You figure that is not the most important asset for a big....but one that will come in handy on occasion.

Loomis had one kid around 6'1"...and a couple of reasonably athletic kids around 5'11". Not exactly the Baylor bigs but Aliyah was challenged by double teams etc. She played with a lot of energy...maybe missed 2 minutes out of the 32. Unselfish...nice passes out of doubleteams to open perimeter players.

UConn needs to keep an eye on her down the road. When she enters college we will have just said 'good-bye' to Katie/Napheesa/Azura....some frontcourt openings will be there for the taking?

If you live near Worcester and love to follow possible targets, check out their schedule and add your wisdom. Worcester comes out to Suffield Academy on February 1...am already looking forward to that.

Sidenote: Loomis has a nice guard Dominque Leonidas headed to Brown.
A Crystal-sized point...with a somewhat similar game...fun to watch.
Combine her with the grandniece of HuskybandDad...Mackenzie Helms...and Loomis has a darn good high school duo. HuskybandDad...she can play! Scrappy/aggressive/pretty quick/smart...had 10 points. Only a soph I was told....would not be one bit surprised if she plays at some level of college ball.

Let's keep an eye out for Peaches courtside this season....maybe against South Carolina if there is no conflict with her own game....maybe in the NCAA game in Storrs and/or Bridgeport.

DC: got wisdom to add?
Thanks for the update. Wish I was able to go. Yes Mac is a soph and being recruited by a bunch of schools.

DaddyChoc

Choc Full of UConn
Reaction Score
I lost all of Blake's attention once Coach Dailey walked in the gym, smh!

Blake you summed it up very well.

I was very impressed with Peaches "feet work"... mobility. Reminds me of South Carolina's Coates!

She's good... as well as the other players mentioned.

It was nice to see a high school game... and my buddy Mr Blake!

Blakeon18

Dormie
Reaction Score
DC: nice comparison to Coates! I'm sure you were full of perceptive comments during the game but I heard not a word due to
the nearby presence of CD.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom