Want to get angry? Look at ND's future schedules. | The Boneyard

Want to get angry? Look at ND's future schedules.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Look at these teams!

2011: USF, Pitt, Wake Forest, Maryland, BC. 3 ACC, 1 future ACC, 1 BE
2012: Miami, Pitt, BC, Wake Forest. 3 ACC, 1 future ACC, no BE
2013: Temple, Pitt. 1 future ACC, no BE
2014: Syracuse, Temple, Pitt. 2 future ACC, no BE
2015: Temple, Wake Forest, Syracuse, Pitt, BC. 2 ACC, 2 future ACC, no BE
2016: Miami, Pitt, Syracuse, BC. 2 ACC, 2 future ACC, no BE

Thus, through 2016, ND has no future BE teams scheduled! With a partner like that, who needs enemies!

The football teams need to demand 3 games per year from ND. Pretty easy. Drop Pitt, Syracuse, and BC.

Reaction Score
Look at these teams!

2011: USF, Pitt, Wake Forest, Maryland, BC. 3 ACC, 1 future ACC, 1 BE
2012: Miami, Pitt, BC, Wake Forest. 3 ACC, 1 future ACC, no BE
2013: Temple, Pitt. 1 future ACC, no BE
2014: Syracuse, Temple, Pitt. 2 future ACC, no BE
2015: Temple, Wake Forest, Syracuse, Pitt, BC. 2 ACC, 2 future ACC, no BE
2016: Miami, Pitt, Syracuse, BC. 2 ACC, 2 future ACC, no BE

Thus, through 2016, ND has no future BE teams scheduled! With a partner like that, who needs enemies!

The football teams need to demand 3 games per year from ND. Pretty easy. Drop Pitt, Syracuse, and BC.
No. Drop Notre Dame out of our conference. That is the fair trade. They dropped us out of their (only important) conference. Stop being used.

Reaction Score
Looking at that, they effectively have one foot in the ACC already..

The Funster

What?
Reaction Score
Maybe that is why the ACC took SU and Pitt?

"Come to the ACC, you already schedule our teams for football!"

Reaction Score
The Big East should bring in the strongest football schools possible and boot ND. ND is destabilizing everything. Even the bball schools should see that ND needs to go in order to restore a good hybrid model. I like the hybrid for the Big East, it gives us something unique and strengthens us basketball wise. It also keeps the Big East tourney special, even without Pitt and SU. The only way to survive in the Big east is to bring in TCU, UCF, ECU and Houston and boot ND. If a member leaves, add Temple, Memphis, Tulane etc.

RS9999X

There's no Dark Side .....it's all Dark.
Reaction Score
Maybe that is why the ACC took SU and Pitt?

"Come to the ACC, you already schedule our teams for football!"

I'm sure it was noticed by some in the ACC. Capturing Notre Dame national games to pimp the ACC.

Why Pitt and SU over UConn/Rutgers? You have part of your answer.

I haven't bought the ND to the ACC for all sports but football yet. But it's easy to envision depending on the BE BCS bid and ND's arrangement .

I figure the BE is one defection away from losing TCU and the B12 knows this (WVU!). I'm not buying TCU to the B12 but the "Sick Man of the BCS" is getting their bones picked. Another SEC coach is on board for 14 teams and we know the two teams being considered One team will go running with bells on while Missouri hems and haws and pretends it has other options and has a duty to hear the B12 out.

Reaction Score
As UConn fans you should be happy about this. Anything that would help put ND in the ACC (which is still a long shot) would help put UConn in the ACC. At the very least ND going to any conference with their fball will hasten the moves of everyone else and you'll at least know where you are going or not going.

Also I don't think BC can block UConn from the ACC. Pitt and SU are full members and I would think they would both vote for UConn. The NC schools would vote for another northern team to keep themselves in the southern division. Maybe FSU, Miami and Clemson are saying no for the moment but that's only because going 16 will make it even harder to ever go to the SEC for them.

Reaction Score
The Big East should bring in the strongest football schools possible and boot ND. ND is destabilizing everything. Even the bball schools should see that ND needs to go in order to restore a good hybrid model. I like the hybrid for the Big East, it gives us something unique and strengthens us basketball wise. It also keeps the Big East tourney special, even without Pitt and SU. The only way to survive in the Big east is to bring in TCU, UCF, ECU and Houston and boot ND. If a member leaves, add Temple, Memphis, Tulane etc.

It is certainly unique. Wonder why that is???? The Big East was a great idea whose time has come and gone and is unfortunately led by someone way out of his league. Let's hope ND pulls us along for the ride into the ACC.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
Uh. When they scheduled Pitt and Syracuse they were in the Big East. They left 6 days ago... you might want to take a deep breath. It's not directly Notre Dame's fault that Pitt and Syracuse bolted.

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
I'm sure it was noticed by some in the ACC. Capturing Notre Dame national games to pimp the ACC.

Why Pitt and SU over UConn/Rutgers? You have part of your answer.

I haven't bought the ND to the ACC for all sports but football yet. But it's easy to envision depending on the BE BCS bid and ND's arrangement .

I figure the BE is one defection away from losing TCU and the B12 knows this (WVU!). I'm not buying TCU to the B12 but the "Sick Man of the BCS" is getting their bones picked. Another SEC coach is on board for 14 teams and we know the two teams being considered One team will go running with bells on while Missouri hems and haws and pretends it has other options and has a duty to hear the B12 out.
I think what you are writing makes a lot of sense. The ACC was treading water like the BE and B12. They still are but they are trying to change this. ND is their best chance. It is a slim one but still their best. So if they can't get ND into their conference, which is most likely, the next best thing is to get them to play as many football games with your conference members.

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
As UConn fans you should be happy about this. Anything that would help put ND in the ACC (which is still a long shot) would help put UConn in the ACC. At the very least ND going to any conference with their fball will hasten the moves of everyone else and you'll at least know where you are going or not going.

Also I don't think BC can block UConn from the ACC. Pitt and SU are full members and I would think they would both vote for UConn. The NC schools would vote for another northern team to keep themselves in the southern division. Maybe FSU, Miami and Clemson are saying no for the moment but that's only because going 16 will make it even harder to ever go to the SEC for them.
If all the dominoes drop the ideal way from UConn's perspective, you are correct. By far my greatest preference is to enter the ACC in association with ND and not Rutgers. It isn't because I bear ill will to Rutgers. It's because the ACC desperately needs ND and without ND that conference is "a dead man walking".

willie99

Loving life & enjoying the ride, despite the bumps
Reaction Score
just additional proof that they couldn't care less about everybody else

if we stay, I hope we kick them out. Stop being their enablers

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
I don't get why I should be angry. Hell, I don't see why I should give a .

Reaction Score
I think what you are writing makes a lot of sense. The ACC was treading water like the BE and B12. They still are but they are trying to change this. ND is their best chance. It is a slim one but still their best. So if they can't get ND into their conference, which is most likely, the next best thing is to get them to play as many football games with your conference members.

I agree that ND to the ACC would be huge long term as far as fball goes. If they don't it won't crush them but it will make them the weakest of the 4x16 for fball. Of course that's nothing new. I like wise would like to keep Rutgers out because they really do not bring anything and would be simply a 8th team for the north division, and a team to make 16. I'd like to see the ACC take whomever ND's top choice to be added to the ACC with them would be as their 15th. (I'm assuming that its UConn since Penn St. will not leave the B1G) Then give a timetable to go to 16by the end of this fball season. If ND still won't bite give them a time table to move in with fball, 2 seasons or something. If they still don't then go 16 and sit back.

Reaction Score
No. Drop Notre Dame out of our conference. That is the fair trade. They dropped us out of their (only important) conference. Stop being used.
Huge +1.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog