Walking Dead | The Boneyard

Walking Dead

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
Anyone on here watch this series?

I didn't start until this year. Sister-in-law was watching and kind of drew me in. Finished watching this season until the break and had to go back and watch Season 1 and 2. Don't like zombie movies, other than like Zombieland which is a comedy. But think this is one of the best TV series (writing, acting, story arcs) I've probably ever seen. Never read the comics though, so it's all new to me.

Anyway it starts it's Season 3 second half this Sunday, just wondered if there was anyone else on here who might be hooked too.

IMind

Wildly Inaccurate
Reaction Score
There are a few on that watch. There was a thread at the end of last season. I've been watching since the first season. I like zombie movies and have read a ton of 'zombie fiction.' I picked up the comics afterwards... The TV show diverges from the books fairly significantly. I mean the core characters are similar... but they also knocked off a few that played important roles in the book, etc. If you're at all interested in reading it I recommend picking up the first Compendium (but not from Barnes and Noble. It's $20 less on Amazon) after the end of season 3. Compendium 2 is territory the TV show hasn't covered yet.

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
There are a few on that watch. There was a thread at the end of last season. I've been watching since the first season. I like zombie movies and have read a ton of 'zombie fiction.' I picked up the comics afterwards... The TV show diverges from the books fairly significantly. I mean the core characters are similar... but they also knocked off a few that played important roles in the book, etc. If you're at all interested in reading it I recommend picking up the first Compendium (but not from Barnes and Noble. It's $20 less on Amazon) after the end of season 3. Compendium 2 is territory the TV show hasn't covered yet.
Yea, I've read some stuff about the divergence between the two. And how some of the characters are different (race, age, etc.), but with the same names. And I've read that there are more places, like Woodbury, for them to come across. Which hopefully will add on seasons. I imagine they will get forced out of the prison this season or the start of next season. Heading to DC?

I've never really like zombie movies, although I do like apocalyptic survival movies. However I don't "read" any fiction at all. Haven't in years. I imagine you are looking forward to the WWZ movie?

IMind

Wildly Inaccurate
Reaction Score
Some of the characters are created entirely for the TV show, etc. The age/race thing ties pretty closely... but when characters get introduced and when they die are pretty drastically different. The plot is roughly the same... but they do switch entire subplots and segments around. Dayle played a much more important role, for instance, in the comics.

If it ties as closely as it has been to the comic they'll be forced out of the prison. DC and the trip there is the next major plot point... but so much has changed since then that I don't know exactly how that'll play out. Which is part of the fun. The writers have done a great job with keeping to the original plot, but not being slaves to it... and I keep getting surprised by where the story goes. It's almost more entertaining having read it first. The one thing that both the comic and the TV show have is just when you think it can't get any bleaker or you feel like the characters are getting a breather... it comes back down hard. :) I'm just at the point in the comics where they start dealing with the other places like Woodbury.

I'll probably make a point of seeing WWZ in the theater. I like the wider 'apocolyptic' genre almost as much as the zombie stuff though. As far as TV shows go I watch both Falling Skies and Revolution even though I don't think either holds a candle to the Walking Dead.

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
I was thinking Sophia's, Axel's, Ben's ages are different and Thomas/Tomas were different well I guess, ethnicity.
And it does give them lots of leeway having two major characters in Daryl and Merle not being in the comics. They can do whatever they want with them. And they are good characters too.

I tried watching Revolution, but it didn't do much for me.

Reaction Score
Same here never really was into the Ombie movies but this is to me really well written and actin is great. I am sucked in.

Actually going to do a run for your lives race in November. Check it out if u are into doing races. Www.runforyourlives.com

Cool thing about the show is people can die of and they can keep meeting new people.

Reaction Score
Awesome series, fan of all things zombies, and this by far is the best there is. Great story lines, back stories and scares. Loved season II, the barn scene with Shane going to town and the dramatic irony. Good stuff.

Reaction Score
Anyone on here watch this series?

I didn't start until this year. Sister-in-law was watching and kind of drew me in. Finished watching this season until the break and had to go back and watch Season 1 and 2. Don't like zombie movies, other than like Zombieland which is a comedy. But think this is one of the best TV series (writing, acting, story arcs) I've probably ever seen. Never read the comics though, so it's all new to me.

Anyway it starts it's Season 3 second half this Sunday, just wondered if there was anyone else on here who might be hooked too.

One of the best series in years...must see TV. Only lull in the show was first half of season two where spent too much time on the farm. Other than that...off the charts great week after week.

And like you have never been a big fan of zombie movies...other than Zombieland.

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
AMC is running 2nd season and 3rd season up to the midseason premier this weekend. To catch everyone up. Got the 1st and 2nd season DVD's for Christmas, some pretty decent "extras" in it. Behind the scenes stuff, how they do it, etc.

Be interesting to see what they do with Daryl and Merle Sunday night.

Reaction Score
I am in the middle of a blizzard induced marathon of walking dead on Netflix. What an awesome show.

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
I am in the middle of a blizzard induced marathon of walking dead on Netflix. What an awesome show.
Season 2 and 3 are on AMC this weekend also. Watching Season 2 now. Prolly watch Season 3 tomorrow to lead up to the Mid season premier.

Reaction Score
Season 2 and 3 are on AMC this weekend also. Watching Season 2 now. Prolly watch Season 3 tomorrow to lead up to the Mid season premier.

I don't have cable. Hopefully I can get season 3 streaming on Amazon Prime. Just finishing up season 2.

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
I don't have cable. Hopefully I can get season 3 streaming on Amazon Prime. Just finishing up season 2.
Season 3 is even better than season 2. You'll like it (if you haven't seen it yet).

Reaction Score
Any guesses on who gets killed off. I'm thinking Daryl or his brother

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
Any guesses on who gets killed off. I'm thinking Daryl or his brother
They won't kill off Daryl. At least not anytime soon. He too popular of a character. AMC would have a revolt. I doubt either one get killed off tomorrow night. I figure somehow they get out of it. The episode is called Suicide King. I'm thinking it's titled for Rick going back to get Daryl....a suicide mission. Which he seems to do quite often.

Reaction Score
You guys aware Hines ward making a zombie cameo second half of season

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
You guys aware Hines ward making a zombie cameo second half of season
I read that somewhere. Doubt I'll be able to spot him though once he's all done up as a walker.

Reaction Score
They won't kill off Daryl. At least not anytime soon. He too popular of a character. AMC would have a revolt. I doubt either one get killed off tomorrow night. I figure somehow they get out of it. The episode is called Suicide King. I'm thinking it's titled for Rick going back to get Daryl....a suicide mission. Which he seems to do quite often.
Just don't see someone as big as the boondock saints guy going too many seasons but no doubt he is the very popular. I don't think it's anytime before the end of this season but might happen. We will see

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
Just don't see someone as big as the boondock saints guy going too many seasons but no doubt he is the very popular. I don't think it's anytime before the end of this season but might happen. We will see
Yea, his wanting to move on to something else might be the only reason they would get rid of him. I've read though that he loves this gig (gets to ride a motorcycle, carry a crossbow and kill zombies, what's not too like? :cool:) . So probably not anytime soon.

Reaction Score
Just watched every episode in a 2 day span. I think the first two seasons were excellent, the writing was fantastic. 3rd season, although action packed, just didn't measure up. But it was still very good. Can't believe I didn't watch this show sooner.

As I mentioned, I don't have cable, so I signed up for season pass on Amazon Instant Video's. $1.89 an episode. Wish HBO shows would follow suit.

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
Just watched every episode in a 2 day span. I think the first two seasons were excellent, the writing was fantastic. 3rd season, although action packed, just didn't measure up. But it was still very good. Can't believe I didn't watch this show sooner.
hmmm interesting. Most people/critics I've seen thought Season 2 wasn't great (but good), but think Season 3 has been the best yet. Will be watching Season 3 this afternoon on the run-in to the Mid season premier tonight.

Reaction Score
hmmm interesting. Most people/critics I've seen thought Season 2 wasn't great (but good), but think Season 3 has been the best yet. Will be watching Season 3 this afternoon on the run-in to the Mid season premier tonight.

Looks like I decided to catch up just in time. Didn't realize premier was tonight. I am assuming with Amazon, I get it next day.

Reaction Score

Agree...all seasons good but one and three the best. Season two bit too slow in parts IMO.

Reaction Score
Agree...all seasons good but one and three the best. Season two bit too slow in parts IMO.

Agree on some lull periods in season two. I liked the storyline of Rick/Shane/Lori. The characters are all really interesting. I am a big Glenn fan as well.

And I love that there is always a chance a Walker is going to appear at any moment.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom