Walking Dead Season 5 second half | Page 4 | The Boneyard

Walking Dead Season 5 second half

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
I think the producers know where they're bread is buttered. Daryl, Rick and Michone aren't going anywhere. The second tier is Carl, Carol, and maybe Maggie. I think Noah is next to go. Then Abraham... Glenn maybe, but I think they are going to keep him on longer.
From the last episode it looks like Father Gabriel is already gone. Did anyone see him in the episode???

Glenn had a very specific comic book arc that I think they'll probably stick too.

UConn Dan

Not HuskyFanDan; I lurk & I like
Reaction Score
From the last episode it looks like Father Gabriel is already gone. Did anyone see him in the episode???

Glenn had a very specific comic book arc that I think they'll probably stick too.
Yes. Father Gabriel was at the sleepover standing in the back of the room.

The Tyrese death episode had some foreshadowing of the Glen comic arc. I didn't read it but I know what could be coming. Don't want to spoil it for anyone here.

Reaction Score
I don't know. Daryl's place in the group is a lot different from when he was on a chopper making supply runs or in the woods tracking Sofia. He doesn't fit in the new landing place...but more than that, with the group all together and more equipped to survive as a pack, they really do need him much less now than they had in the past. It wouldn't surprise me if he goes...

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
Yes. Father Gabriel was at the sleepover standing in the back of the room.
hmmm, missed it. (I figured he was around, I just didn't see him???)

The Tyrese death episode had some foreshadowing of the Glen comic arc. I didn't read it but I know what could be coming. Don't want to spoil it for anyone here.
Yep. 2nd time they've foreshadowed, actually.

UConn Dan

Reaction Score
I don't know. Daryl's place in the group is a lot different from when he was on a chopper making supply runs or in the woods tracking Sofia. He doesn't fit in the new landing place...but more than that, with the group all together and more equipped to survive as a pack, they really do need him much less now than they had in the past. It wouldn't surprise me if he goes...
It quite possibly could be Daryl's time to go, but I don't see them killing him off unless Norman Reedus asked to leave. They could also have him just go off on his own maybe to cross paths with what's left of the group one day.

He has been doing a lot of media lately (not sure if promoting something else or just TWD), but he did say to bring your Kleenex and be ready to scream at your television.

Reaction Score
Read an interview w/ Feldshuh. Haven't read any of the comics, but interesting that her character was written as a man. In any event, she hints that the people in Alexandria are "naive" and she wanted Rick, etc. for their strength. Strongly hints that they - and here's where Daryl will likely re-emerge - will need to protect Alexandria from either zombies or the people that she previously banished at the end of the season.

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
Read an interview w/ Feldshuh. Haven't read any of the comics, but interesting that her character was written as a man. In any event, she hints that the people in Alexandria are "naive" and she wanted Rick, etc. for their strength. Strongly hints that they - and here's where Daryl will likely re-emerge - will need to protect Alexandria from either zombies or the people that she previously banished at the end of the season.
Yea, it was Douglas Monroe. He had a wife and son. Deanna talked about her husband, but they haven't shown him yet. I'm assuming he's still alive?

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
Does anyone think that this new happy town will be happy for much longer?

I'm guessing it burns down in short order and Darryl can be Darryl again.

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
Does anyone think that this new happy town will be happy for much longer?
Yea, I'm not even sure how "happy" it is right now. But I'm sure there are storm clouds on the horizon.

I'm guessing it burns down in short order and Darryl can be Darryl again.
Possible SPOILER ALERT. Granted they could go a different way.

White out below:
If they follow the comics, Alexandria will be around for quite some time. Things will happen, inside and out, but it'll be around for awhile. They are still there to this day in the comics. Half of the comic issues (69-138) are set in and around Alexandria.

Reaction Score
second half of season 5 has been....... well not nearly as good as the first half... seems like we are getting close to how season 2 stalled out

UConn Dan

Reaction Score
The actor that plays Jessie (Alexandra Breckenridge) was born in BPT and raised in Darien until the age of 10 before moving to LA. I knew there was something I liked about her.

Last night wasn't that great, but did finally get Daryl to buy-in, got Rick looking a little Shane-like, and showed that Carol can still take out kids if needed - ddamn that woman is a monster.

Also, the W on the walkers forehead...a new enemy lurks. Noah's neighborhood had "Wolves" spray painted on the curb I believe. I didn't read the comic, but this can't be good - I don't think this is the same group that this big bad Negan leads. My guess is that Negan is their enemy as they fight for turf. Maybe there will be a battle on two fronts. Or short term
Alliance.

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
The actor that plays Jessie (Alexandra Breckenridge) was born in BPT and raised in Darien until the age of 10 before moving to LA. I knew there was something I liked about her.
I like her better as a redhead, but I guess in the apocalypse, you can't be real choosy.

images

Last night wasn't that great, but did finally get Daryl to buy-in, got Rick looking a little Shane-like, and showed that Carol can still take out kids if needed - ddamn that woman is a monster.
Yea, I think they may have some inter group conflict. Daryl and Rick starting to think, eh maybe not so bad here. Carol and Sasha on the other hand, eh not so much.
Not sure if it's worse to cross Rick or Carol.

Also, the W on the walkers forehead...a new enemy lurks. Noah's neighborhood had "Wolves" spray painted on the curb I believe. I didn't read the comic, but this can't be good - I don't think this is the same group that this big bad Negan leads. My guess is that Negan is their enemy as they fight for turf. Maybe there will be a battle on two fronts. Or short term
Alliance.
Definitely going to be something with the Wolves (W on foreheads). There were W's on the foreheads of the torso's that spilled out of the truck they ran into when they were trying to get Tyreese help, when they left Noah's old neighborhood. Not sure what the deal is going to be with them though. Pretty sure it won't be good though.

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
second half of season 5 has been.. well not nearly as good as the first half... seems like we are getting close to how season 2 stalled out
Really liked Season 2. Save the Last One, Pretty Much Dead Already, Nebraska, 18 Miles Out, Better Angels, Beside the Dying Fire. Some really good episodes.

Granted the first 3-4 episodes this year were fantastic. Things are going to change now though. They've reached a place where they are probably gonna be for awhile. They've been out on the road since the middle of last season. That was starting to get old.

Reaction Score
Really liked Season 2. Save the Last One, Pretty Much Dead Already, Nebraska, 18 Miles Out, Better Angels, Beside the Dying Fire. Some really good episodes.

Granted the first 3-4 episodes this year were fantastic. Things are going to change now though. They've reached a place where they are probably gonna be for awhile. They've been out on the road since the middle of last season. That was starting to get old.

ok but if i wanted to watch a show about how characters clash because of personalities or not trusting each other for 10 episodes, i would have just watched the real world on MTV

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
ok but if i wanted to watch a show about how characters clash because of personalities or not trusting each other for 10 episodes, i would have just watched the real world on MTV
Your choice. Character study is pretty much what this show is about.

Reaction Score
I'm torn on the old/new Walking Dead. Generally I think they've really advanced their story-telling and character building because they are much more adapt & willing to set things up. Good examples last night are Carol's possum playing, Darryl and Aaron plotline and the Rick-Jessie relationship. So that's all good but I'm just a little uneasy about how they used Rick saying "They've gotten lucky" to explain to us how a town-full of people are alive & carefree with no guards on the wall. I'll buy it if is serves a good villain plot and sets up good drama & conflict (Rick & Co. get militaristic and schisms develop intra-town) but its a super-fine line they walk teetering on absurdity when cocktail party conversation is all about making dinners and the leader's vision is only commerce related - there is just no way that the entire event would have been the townsfolk quizzing Rick's group on what's going on outside the walls. So fine, they evacuated VA and these people have made it to this point as babes in the woods, but going forward we need to see people awakened to reality via both Rick's groups pleading & the outside world finally coming to their doors.

Reaction Score
Your choice. Character study is pretty much what this show is about.

na i know, i havent read the comic so i dont know if things are leading up to something big. I just feel like after such a crazy start to the season, things have slowed down significantly

Joobie

Bookie
Reaction Score
I enjoyed last night's episode (but DAMN there are an awful lot of commercials). I thought it was interesting how Aaron & Eric are outsiders in this community & it made me wonder if Aaron & his partner were given the job of "recruitment" in the hope that something would happen to them. Also liked the forging of the relationship of the misfits & now Daryl is now part of the recruiting process. Michonne feels comfortable enough to (literally) hang up her sword. Loved Sasha shooting those pictures & her meltdown at the inane cocktail party. Not sure what to make of the townsfolk. A pasta maker? Seriously?

Reaction Score
I enjoyed last night's episode (but DAMN there are an awful lot of commercials). I thought it was interesting how Aaron & Eric are outsiders in this community & it made me wonder if Aaron & his partner were given the job of "recruitment" in the hope that something would happen to them. Also liked the forging of the relationship of the misfits & now Daryl is now part of the recruiting process. Michonne feels comfortable enough to (literally) hang up her sword. Loved Sasha shooting those pictures & her meltdown at the inane cocktail party. Not sure what to make of the townsfolk. A pasta maker? Seriously?
Recruitment is another minefield for the show. Much like with Aaron's experience with Rick's group, there is almost a certainty of getting hurt and or death for the lead recruiter (I'd say a recruiter survives 1-3 efforts). It is more dangerous then just trying to stay alive. The act of recruiting AND the decision to bring people into the town seems to be something that necessitates a methodical process*. Aaron is the only member of Alexandria to show any grasp of grim realities and even though Aaron 'gave Eric a look' it is implausible that Eric was out there with the "find a pasta maker sensibility" he shares with the townsfolk. Chalk it up to stereotyping I suppose.

*PS I'm not sure where Dr. About-to-be-Killed-by-Rick has his office, but I'd think it'd be near the gates and the good Dr would be doing a routine physical inspection for bites and whatnot every time the Congresswoman nonchalantly allows any & everyone to wander outside said gates at their leisure.

PPS - Let's meet in the exact same place where my previously hidden weapon was mysteriously stolen to hide another huge cache of weapons. That can't possibly go wrong can it?

This is a really funny tongue-in-cheek piece about the prior episode.
http://grantland.com/hollywood-pros...ew-inevitably-dangerous-alexandria-community/

Reaction Score
I enjoyed last night's episode (but DAMN there are an awful lot of commercials).
The commercial breaks are painful. I can't recall the last time I watched TWD, Justified, Blacklist or any of theUSA, FX, AMC, network hour long shows at their original airing. Sunday's I'll watch Shameless and House of Lies, then speed watch TWD fast forwarding thru the commercials. During the week I'll DVR them, and start watching 15-20 minutes in and fast forward thru the commercials, usually ending colse to the orignally scheduled end time. Much more enjoyable, for me at least.

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
na i know, i havent read the comic so i dont know if things are leading up to something big. I just feel like after such a crazy start to the season, things have slowed down significantly
Yea, it's slowed down, but don't worry there'll be stuff coming.

Reaction Score
The commercial breaks are painful. I can't recall the last time I watched TWD, Justified, Blacklist or any of theUSA, FX, AMC, network hour long shows at their original airing. Sunday's I'll watch Shameless and House of Lies, then speed watch TWD fast forwarding thru the commercials. During the week I'll DVR them, and start watching 15-20 minutes in and fast forward thru the commercials, usually ending colse to the orignally scheduled end time. Much more enjoyable, for me at least.

I just start watching my dvr'd replay on Sunday night at 9:15. I catch up to real time at about 10:00.

Reaction Score
A couple thoughts about last week's episode:

1) The scene with Carol scaring the kid who caught her with the guns? Maybe one of my favorite scenes ever in this show. What a maniacal, devious, twisted little interaction by her.
2) I have the sneaking suspicion that Daryl is being played by Aaron/Eric and Rick is being played by Jessie. I think it's all plotted out by the Female Governor there. Go find the leaders of the new pack and weaken/distract them. The pre-interviews when they get there gave her all she needed to come up with who to target and how to get at them.

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
A couple thoughts about last week's episode:

1) The scene with Carol scaring the kid who caught her with the guns? Maybe one of my favorite scenes ever in this show. What a maniacal, devious, twisted little interaction by her.
I liked how she just kept going on. Not just you'll end up outside the gate, but tied to a tree, and no one will hear you and monsters will come and (not just get you) but eat you....while your alive.

2) I have the sneaking suspicion that Daryl is being played by Aaron/Eric and Rick is being played by Jessie. I think it's all plotted out by the Female Governor there. Go find the leaders of the new pack and weaken/distract them. The pre-interviews when they get there gave her all she needed to come up with who to target and how to get at them.
Why? If she's that smart, she knows she needs them.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jjblox

Top Bottom