Walker's Visit this weekend | Page 6 | The Boneyard

Walker's Visit this weekend

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Like I said she's Notre Dames to lose. Was watching the Jordan all star Classic the other day on ESPN 3. The commentators were staying how strange it was that UCONN only had one player playing. UCONN should be attracting the best kids every year and I can't understand the life of me why all the kids seem to be flocking to the likes of Baylor Texas and Notre Dame. Rosters loaded and still continue to sign top recruiting classes every single year. Makes me think that kids are now realizing the AAC confrence is horrendous and kids in my opinion are being told to go anywhere but UCONN. Sick of uconn's dominance, and kids are being swayed away. Can't continue to stay on top without signing the top kids. That's the best way to catch up to UCONN sign all the best talent. Just my 2 cents. As much as I love my huskies I think the UCONN era is coming to a end. We will never see the dominance and the history of top recruits again. Times have finally coming to a change.

HGN

Reaction Score
Like I said she's Notre Dames to lose. Was watching the Jordan all star Classic the other day on ESPN 3. The commentators were staying how strange it was that UCONN only had one player playing. UCONN should be attracting the best kids every year and I can't understand the life of me why all the kids seem to be flocking to the likes of Baylor Texas and Notre Dame. Rosters loaded and still continue to sign top recruiting classes every single year. Makes me think that kids are now realizing the AAC confrence is horrendous and kids in my opinion are being told to go anywhere but UCONN. Sick of uconn's dominance, and kids are being swayed away. Can't continue to stay on top without signing the top kids. That's the best way to catch up to UCONN sign all the best talent. Just my 2 cents. As much as I love my huskies I think the UCONN era is coming to a end. We will never see the dominance and the history of top recruits again. Times have finally coming to a change.
By'ers , like I have said many times before , Beware Of Skunks In Husky Clothing.

Reaction Score

A little premature wouldn't you say? One recruiting class with only the best high school point guard in the country and all is lost.......
If you really are a Husky fan, give it another year or two before you give up on the team's future................

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
Geno doesn't recruit every top kid. He knows there are some he can't pry out of their state/region, others who made their minds up long ago, girls who play a position he's not really recruiting for, and some who may not necessarily be a fit for some reason. He's said numerous times his list of potential recruits gets smaller every year.

We need the Northeast to start stepping up and growing more Big Girls so that the Southwest isn't quite so exclusive.

Reaction Score
She could have stayed the night at UConn and have time to make it to Brooklyn Saturday morning. I'm not sure she'd do that tho, don't wanna alienate her AAU teammates but maybe they'd understand. The UConn girls looked tired while signing autographs at the Spring Game.
and I guess that "own dime" goes out the door
Well, it still cost her a few dimes to make that side trip to Storrs, something she did not have to do and would not do if she had no interest in UConn. The glass is half full, my friend.

Reaction Score
Well, it still cost her a few dimes to make that side trip to Storrs, something she did not have to do and would not do if she had no interest in UConn. The glass is half full, my friend.
Yeah, she just wanted to swing by for a second time and personally let Auriemma and staff know that she's going elsewhere. LOL

Reaction Score
UCONN should be attracting the best kids every year...As much as I love my huskies I think the UCONN era is coming to a end. We will never see the dominance and the history of top recruits again.
UConn had that dominance for two 4 year runs (the first should have been 4 NCs, but for the injuries, but at the end of that first run the actual talent fell off dramatically except for some kid from Chino). That doesn't account for the other 3 titles (Jen and Rebecca; Maya!) or the incredibly good play even in years when they didn't get to the NC game. So, UConn hasn't got the best kids every year.

And no, UConn should NOT be getting the best kids every year. No program should get that. Basketball would, in fact, be incredibly dreary if that happened, and then that idiot at the Globe would be right. Geno may be the best coach (IMO), but he's not the only great coach. Different strokes....

What made UConn's current run so amazingly wonderful is that it is....amazing. Nothing lasts, everything is fragile. We all knew that when the year started, and that makes it all the more poignant and all the more cherished. But it's not the end, nor should it be seen as a baseline by which to measure the future. That would be incredibly unfair to everyone and would rob us of the pleasure of enjoying great basketball regardless of outcome.

DaddyChoc

Choc Full of UConn
Reaction Score
Im not complaining but everyone "assumed" she came from Virginia to go to Storrs... she was in the area and killed 2 birds with one stone

Brooklyn to Storrs and back, come on... that's a tank of gas and a few "value meals" = $60.00

lets not act like she took a flight for 4 and stayed at a 4-Star hotel from Friday to Monday.

The visit definetly shows interest, bottom line

Reaction Score
:)
Unless she was only visiting cause she was in area for AAU game in New York. Wouldn't read to much she will have a official visit most likely the weekend of first night. Coach was in hospital not much going on this weekend. And this was a unofficial visit. So wouldn't read to much into it. el

Meg W. ‏@iball_crzy Apr 15Storrs, CT
What a great day
1f60c.png

OK.........did you not double click then triple click then double triple click in the bottom left corner of MW's last twitter......it says in very small print "Coach Geno how bad do you guys want me at UConn? I'll verbal if you do something really crazy on Saturday but it has to be something that gets a lot of attention".............really amazed that I'm the only one that saw this.....................:):):confused::confused::confused:

Last edited:

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
This discussion about campus environment has certainly been enriching and that is surely an important factor for recruits like Ms Walker to consider. . .

. . . Along with academics, coaching, tradition, NC prospects, and PT.:rolleyes:

There is yet another: future teammates. IIRC Lexi Gordon was pleasantly surprised that Huskies are "not robots," but a close knit and fun-loving group - just the kind of girls she would like to be with for arduous practices, extended travel, challenging games, and FOUR YEARS of constant close relationship.

Sooo, if I were in some recruit's sneakers :eek: I would closely check out Kia, Gabby, Lou and Pheese -- and, if possible, Kyla, Molly, Andra, Crystal, and Lexi. After all, they might be a huge part of my life for four important years!

Actually, you've turned it 180 degrees. The team can blackball a recruit. What you say is absolutely true, but while the recruit is checking out potential future team mates, they are doing the same and they will be polled by the coaching staff.

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
Meg W. ‏@iball_crzy Apr 15Storrs, CT
What a great day
1f60c.png

OK....did you not double click then triple click then double triple click in the bottom left corner of MW's last twitter.it says in very small print "Coach Geno how bad do you guys want me at UConn? I'll verbal if you do something really crazy on Saturday but it has to be something that gets a lot of attention"...really amazed that I'm the only one that saw this......

This could get you banished. Stick a wink on it fast.

Reaction Score
Going forward, I think the OP should just tweet whichever recruit is reported to be coming to Storrs and just ask the recruit to Periscope the visit and the meeting with the coaching staff.

/s

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
A bit of levity is worth double secret probation!!!!!!!!!!

Sadly, there are a few recruits a year who do have the "dazzle me" attitude. Geno talked about one just the other day that actually made it to a visit (no name) and it short order it was a nonstarter. When do we start the she went home without verbaling wringing of hands. Some do not realize that even if a verbal is given it is for the recruit to let the world know when they want to and how.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
We know that Megan tweeted that she had a great day on Friday. That is encouraging. She may have given a verbal, or she may even have ruled UConn out, though I think the latter is inconsistent with the tweet. I hope we hear some really good news soon, but there is no sense in fretting. She has 2 other visits scheduled for the spring and ND for September. I hope she was convinced enough to cancel them. But we need to realize that we may not hear until the fall. Patience, my friends!

Reaction Score
Everyone is entitled to his or her opinion...even if it's a bad opinion (even if it's a badly composed opinion), as this one surely is in both respects. UConn, sitting on eleven national championships, under the guidance of a once-in-a-lifetime coach, goes one year where it snags only one of the top five recruits in the country, and, suddenly, its hegemony in WCBB is coming to an end? I am continually impressed by the level of intelligence and maturity displayed by the majority of top prospects coming out of high school, girls who have been in the public eye for years...and yet you seem to characterize them as highly impressionable children who succumb readily to anyone's influence. There exist a million and one sound reasons, both personal and institutional, that attract such prospects in their decision making. In that regard, no school, UConn included, holds all the cards. It's what happens to their development as players after they arrive at their chosen destinations that matters. Any evidence that UConn has fallen behind on that score reflects only the wishful thinking of fans of other programs, which I suspect that you are. If you define loss of dominance as failing to extend the streak of consecutive national championships to an unheard of five, you may prove to be a true sage. If you think (hope?) that no more championships are coming UConn's way during the Auriemma era, I'd like to proffer a long-term wager!

Reaction Score
Everyone is entitled to his or her opinion...even if it's a bad opinion (even if it's a badly composed opinion), as this one surely is in both respects. UConn, sitting on eleven national championships, under the guidance of a once-in-a-lifetime coach, goes one year where it snags only one of the top five recruits in the country, and, suddenly, its hegemony in WCBB is coming to an end? I am continually impressed by the level of intelligence and maturity displayed by the majority of top prospects coming out of high school, girls who have been in the public eye for years...and yet you seem to characterize them as highly impressionable children who succumb readily to anyone's influence. There exist a million and one sound reasons, both personal and institutional, that attract such prospects in their decision making. In that regard, no school, UConn included, holds all the cards. It's what happens to their development as players after they arrive at their chosen destinations that matters. Any evidence that UConn has fallen behind on that score reflects only the wishful thinking of fans of other programs, which I suspect that you are. If you define loss of dominance as failing to extend the streak of consecutive national championships to an unheard of five, you may prove to be a true sage. If you think (hope?) that no more championships are coming UConn's way during the Auriemma era, I'd like to proffer a long-term wager!
You might have something there. Did you say, wager? Let's see, 6 out of 8, and 10 out of the last 17. I, too, like those odds! :D

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
When do we start the she went home without verbaling wringing of hands. Some do not realize that even if a verbal is given it is for the recruit to let the world know when they want to and how.
If anyone from UConn announced an oral commitment, the university would be slapped with an NCAA violation before you could say "Rocky Top".

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
If anyone from UConn announced an oral commitment, the university would be slapped with an NCAA violation before you could say "Rocky Top".
Exactly. When Megan does commit (somewhere), she or one of her friends or family will put the info out there. The announcement could come minutes after the verbal or days or even weeks later. No one from UConn will say anything until the LOI signing period.

Reaction Score
that could mean a thousand things, maybe she's poolside
I thought Denny was joking. Did she really tweet, "Keeping one foot out"? If so, that means she has one foot is in. Yeah! Not bad for April of her junior year.

Reaction Score
I thought Denny was joking. Did she really tweet, "Keeping one foot out"? If so, that means she has one foot is in. Yeah! Not bad for April of her junior year.
She did, but it was one day later than her "Great Day" tweet

HGN

Reaction Score
Hey, hey........Petunia , you are on the money. And I agree with you. And BTW , I want a piece of your action if he takes your bet. Let's make us some money.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom