Walker's a Husky! (merged multiple threads) | Page 7 | The Boneyard

Walker's a Husky! (merged multiple threads)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Unfortunately for everyone else.... This needs to be the year that they try to take the championship... I don't see that happening next year or for a few subsequent years... Talk about reloading... Wow...

Reaction Score
I'm on record saying I didn't want her to pick UConn. Now that she has, I am hoping to be proven wrong in my reasoning. And if I am proven wrong, I will happily eat crow.

Reaction Score
I'm on record saying I didn't want her to pick UConn. Now that she has, I am hoping to be proven wrong in my reasoning. And if I am proven wrong, I will happily eat crow.

I feel Geno will have her working within the framework of his team concept, so I sense there will nothing but upside to her being a Husky.

And, she stated the desire to learn his style and approach, so the buy in is there.

Tonyc

Optimus Prime
Reaction Score
Dont compare UConn players with any others, imo there is no comparison. Those who come to UConn come for a reason. That reason is they are willing to give up the way it is to get better. They are willing to become part of a team that runs on discipline, commitment, and compassion. They are willing to do whatever it takes and it aint easy at UConn under Geno. Sure other teams work hard, but not like UConn. UConn is different and for those few who are willing to pay the price in advance without any guarantees this is the place that makes it happen.

UcMiami

How it is
Reaction Score
I think with most of us sporting a few gray hairs or at least a wrinkle or two, we forget how the world has changed and especially how it has changed in the last 3 years/5 years/10 years. We all know about and use various social media sites, but very few of us grew up with access to them from the time we could walk. Even players like Sue and DT and Maya grew up without those tools and without their integration into their childhood. Most of us are now using that media to keep contact with grand children or great nieces, but we never think about the reverse - those babies are actually being exposed to the technology from before they can talk, and they will be growing up with it, and whatever comes next, as part of the richness of their development.

What I am trying to say is there seems to be an attitude on this board from some posterss that thinks you cannot be an 'old school' basketball player without shunning the social media that has become an integral part of growing up in the current environment. I have seen nothing from any of our current recruits that suggests they are 'me first' basketball players and the fact that the coaching staff has recruited them would suggest otherwise. Geno and co. are all about the basketball on the court and the quality of individual and family off the court. Haven't they earned our trust yet?

The rejoined of 'well Maya' or 'well DT' ... - yeah, well they lived in the dark ages. And Breanna ... she was just 'goofy' :cool: (and disorganized enough not to keep track of dates! :))

We complain about the lack of attention paid to women's basketball, and then complain when ESPN and some players try to get more exposure for the sport. Think about that for just a minute.:eek:

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
yes-man1.jpg

I would say that this is a fairly accurate depiction of the "Boneyard collective" upon hearing the news that Megan "Megatron" Walker was coming to UConn. One of the best feelings I've had this year (since April). I was pretty happy then too. :)

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
Yea, I knew she was coming all along.
Ok, I confess I had given up on her. Welcome home Megan!!!!!

That's OK Sunny. I was standing in the gap for you. I had your back my friend. It was ALWAYS my position that until she officially states otherwise, she was coming to Storrs. I did not care what others said, guessed or predicted. Most of them didn't know anymore than I did. Plus, I had aides that they did not (envelopes, tea leaves, crystal balls, tarot cards, etc., and they were all in optimum working order), so I felt pretty good about my opinion on this. :cool:

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
Wow! That is so good. I thought I was watching a TV commercial. Megan appears to be ready for prime-time. Can't wait.

Well, I'm just an old duckt, but that is the stuff that makes me worry about MW. Work your game, not your brand. The latter will be taken care of by the former. AND, there is no your brand at UConn. Only TEAM.

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
Actually I think it was the other way 'round. I think she saw a bevy of young ladies her size going to The UConn, the meh campus and arena. But the opportunity to play for the best, camaraderie and family atmosphere, and nearness to her parents and friends moved her heart. I think the beautiful Texas campus, nicer weather, and the opportunity to be the belle of the ball moved her head. Her heart is here in the east, her head said go west young lady.

Jordy ...take a nap!

Fanmomma

UCONN WBB ALL DAY
Reaction Score
Well, I'm just an old duckt, but that is the stuff that makes me worry about MW. Work your game, not your brand. The latter will be taken care of by the former. AND, there is no your brand at UConn. Only TEAM.

She'll figure it out. It will all make sense once she get there. Now she'll just enjoy her senior year of high school.

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
She'll figure it out. It will all make sense once she get there. Now she'll just enjoy her senior year of high school.

From your lips.... No, lets get ready to rock and roll of a terrific team with discoveries to be made this year!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc

Top Bottom