Wake Forest disturbing the serenity of North Carolina | The Boneyard

Wake Forest disturbing the serenity of North Carolina

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Teams exchanging turnovers. But Wake has Hamby who is having a career half.

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
Teams exchanging turnovers. But Wake has Hamby who is having a career half.

She averages 22 and 11... so she''s definitely capable of such a half. This might not be the best half she's played this season.

Reaction Score
She averages 22 and 11... so she''s definitely capable of such a half. This might not be the best half she's played this season.

19 points in about 15 minutes of play. 39-27 at half. Wake leading.

loneycafe

Go Pack! #GTHC
Reaction Score
Glad to see others are getting to know Hamby now. She may be the most improved player in the country.

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
Wake always plays their best basketball come tournament time. They knocked out #2 miami in 2012.... took #3 Maryland to overtime last year.

Glad to see others are getting to know Hamby now. She may be the most improved player in the country.

She has as good a "motor" of any player I've seen this season. If she played for a high profile team, she'd definitely get some A-A looks.

Reaction Score
ESPN Gamecast says "Delayed" for this game (at 39-34 Wake) - ??????

Reaction Score
The game has been delayed, does anyone know why ? my TV suddenly changed to an ACC highlight show

Update power outage for 30 minutes, TV is back, and about to start

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
The game has been delayed, does anyone know why ? my TV suddenly changed to ACC rerun program

Its my fault :rolleyes:

Actually i hear they lost power at the Coliseum.... game should be starting back in a few minutes.

loneycafe

Go Pack! #GTHC
Reaction Score
There's an ice storm going on in Greensboro that probably caused the power outage. Not sure I am going to make the drive from Raleigh to there tomorrow.

ETA: Well, they just announced the State game has been pushed back to noon.

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
There's an ice storm going on in Greensboro that probably caused the power outage. Not sure I am going to make the drive from Raleigh to there tomorrow.

ETA: Well, they just announced the State game has been pushed back to noon.

Ok... thanks for the heads up.... I was planning on checking the game out .. I would have felt kinda bad showing up at the Coliseum around 10.

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
In the first matchup.... wake battled tough til about 4 minutes to go.... they just didnt have enough in the in. Same might be the case tonight.

n.

Just saw the latest weather forecast... they say just wet roads here in Greensboro.... perhaps some icy bridges and overpasses.. I think 40/85 will be good to go.

loneycafe

Go Pack! #GTHC
Reaction Score
Just saw the latest weather forecast... they say just wet roads here in Greensboro.... perhaps some icy bridges and overpasses.. I think 40/85 will be good to go.

Great. Thanks.

Come on, Deacs.

Reaction Score
My vote is a for Moriah Jefferson as most improved WCBB player. But Dearica Hamby has definitely improved tremendously and is a strong 6'3" post presence for Wake Forest.

DaddyChoc

Choc Full of UConn
Reaction Score
since no one mentioned it

Freshman Diamond DeShields scored 17 points and hit the go-ahead 3-pointer with 1:44 left to help No. 13 North Carolina beat Wake Forest 69-65
Dearica Hamby scored 29 points and Chelsea Douglas added 20 for the 11th-seeded Demon Deacons (15-16) in a game delayed more than 20 minutes by a power outage early in the second half.

ps:UNC played the second half without second-leading scorer Allisha Gray, who hit her head on the court while being fouled late in the first half.

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
I wonder if Gray will be ok to play tonight..... cant see them winning without her at full strength.

Its really bad here in Greensboro... I've lost power during an winter storm for the first time in over twenty years of living in this house.... :oops: Here i am in a total darkness, listening to the ice pelt the windows, eating a chicken salad sandwich .... using my cell phone as a hotspot so I can post on The Boneyard Gotta love America :cool:

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
I'd just like to say I'm enjoying all of our "old" ACC fan friends and our news ones as well. I'm happy to have seen the NC State & USC fans here this season - they've added a lot to the board as have the long time Duke (and ND) fans.

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
ps:UNC played the second half without second-leading scorer Allisha Gray, who hit her head on the court while being fouled late in the first half.
Saw that on replay. She banged her head pretty hard on the court. It was one of those where you fall, land on your back and your head bounces off the ground. I could see her with a concussion and being out for a week or so.

loneycafe

Go Pack! #GTHC
Reaction Score
Its really bad here in Greensboro... I've lost power during an winter storm for the first time in over twenty years of living in this house.... :oops: Here i am in a total darkness, listening to the ice pelt the windows, eating a chicken salad sandwich .... using my cell phone as a hotspot so I can post on The Boneyard Gotta love America :cool:

Hmm. . . That doesn't sound good. I have been looking at the online news coverage, I think I will just stay in Raleigh and watch on tv. I would've been able to attend only the State game anyway because I have to be back in Raleigh by 4:30.

State/Syracuse game should be a good one. Well, almost all of the games have the potential to be really good. Go Pack, and Noles, and Terps, and Devils.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LocalHits