vs UMASS | The Boneyard

vs UMASS

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
2 errors in the first leads to 2 unearned runs. Daniello had one of them. He is really struggling with his defense. Then in the second, Sullivan gets doubled off first on a pop up to the outfield. More inexcusable mistakes.

Reaction Score
Callahan Brown has given them 5 solid innings so far in a 6-2 lead. Both runs unearned.
Davey has gone deep again for his 9th on the year.

Reaction Score
Midweek games against non conference opponents provide opportunities for rarely used and/or struggling pitchers. Perform well and it could lead to more pitching opportunities down the road.Today against UMass, Callahan Brown had his opportunity, and he did well with it. In his second pitching appearance and first starting assignment for the Huskies, he gave up two unearned runs in the 1st inning and then settled down and threw four very respectable innings before tiring and coming out in the 6th inning. I'm guessing he may have opened some eyes on the UConn coaching staff, and we may be seeing him a bit more in games to come this season, especially since there are innings to be had coming out of the bullpen.

Brown came out with one out and two on in the 6th inning, and Max Slade was brought in. Slade has struggled some, and I've been thinking that Coach Penders has lost some confidence in him. To me, it was an important appearance for Slade. If he could get through this one, maybe he could get back to pitching important bullpen innings in tight weekend games. Well, he failed this particular audition, getting only two batters out, before leaving with the bases loaded and no out in the 7th. In that time Slade gave up two hits, two walks, and hit one batter before Penders yanked him in favor of Pat Ruotolo. With the bases loaded, Ruotolo proceeded to strike out the side, all looking. Now that sounded impressive.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69