Vital's Bazz moment | The Boneyard

Vital's Bazz moment

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
You know I was hoping that Jalen would have his Bazz moment last night (kinda glad he didn't to stay humble and here longer). But for Vital to have a cold night @ 0-6 (not helping the team offensively that is) and to step us AS A FRESHMAN and calmly/confidently hit those game winning freethrows was Bazz against uk like. Bright lights and all.

Oh and if you watch that play he didn't watch that shot to see if it was going in, he high tailed it to the boards from out top of the key to be rewarded. Meaning he was positioning himself to do what it takes to make sure we have a chance. All others guards were shot watching (and hoping against hope).

Say what you want about AG and whoever Ollie is bringing in, this kid could be our future. I expect him here for 4 years, long enough to help restore us to our prominent position.

He ain't scared, and that moxie is a pre-requisite to being a 'great' UConn guard (yeah I said it). He may have a way to go but this fan will enjoy his development. We got a piece of mineral folks who may not shine this year but after the heat and polishing he's undergoing will be a diamond! He's the kind of kid (and guard) Ollie can make sure that happens.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
By the way reporters captured this:

Leaving the court, Vital, from Queens, yelled, “This is my city.”

Linky (thanks to @HuskyNan )

I'm sure Facey felt the same.

21656524-standard.jpg

Last edited:

Hankster

What do I know.
Reaction Score
What an event and story for him. Freshman, playing big time ball, huge pressure at the foul line. Wow. Hopefully this is the turning point for this team. Actually I thought he got hurt minutes before. Holding is fore arm or was it a wrist thing? I am very happy how our freshman played. Well hopefully hew plays for 3 more years in the Garden.

Reaction Score
We tend to forget that Bazz would often have poor scoring first halves. He would have 2 or 4 points at the break and end up with 18.

nomar

#1 Casual Fan™
Reaction Score
The kid is legit. He'll be so solid for us as an upperclassmen. He's the kind of kid that's helped us win championships. Yes, you need stars. But you also need good, smart team players. The kind of player who -- despite only being a freshman -- knows enough about his teammates to sense that Purvis was going to hoist that and, as soon as Rodney pulled up, dove to the rim.

I've seen Austrie comparisons. Vital's upside is much higher. Craig was functional. He could bring the ball up without turning it over and knock down an open shot. This kid will be much better, write it down.

Reaction Score
Love the guy. As others have pointed out. He seems to be confident. More confident than his actual skill-set would suggest. That said, he has to start hit some three. He certainly takes his share.

UCweCONN

Former Poster
Reaction Score
I loved all of the Cuse fans biotching about the foul on Vital not being a foul. Your tears taste so sweet. Even when we suck, we're better than you! ;)

Mr. French

Tremendous Individual
Reaction Score
You know I was hoping that Jalen would have his Bazz moment last night (kinda glad he didn't to stay humble and here longer). But for Vital to have a cold night @ 0-6 (not helping the team offensively that is) and to step us AS A FRESHMAN and calmly/confidently hit those game winning freethrows was Bazz against uk like. Bright lights and all.

Oh and if you watch that play he didn't watch that shot to see if it was going in, he high tailed it to the boards from out top of the key to be rewarded. Meaning he was positioning himself to do what it takes to make sure we have a chance. All others guards were shot watching (and hoping against hope).

Say what you want about AG and whoever Ollie is bringing in, this kid could be our future. I expect him here for 4 years, long enough to help restore us to our prominent position.

He ain't scared, and that moxie is a pre-requisite to being a 'great' UConn guard (yeah I said it). He may have a way to go but this fan will enjoy his development. We got a piece of mineral folks who may not shine this year but after the heat and polishing he's undergoing will be a diamond! He's the kind of kid (and guard) Ollie can make sure that happens.

I guess I couldn't figure out how to bold your one sentence on my phone, but him crashing hard is exactly what I said to my GF...

I know the situation was frantic, and it wasn't the WORST shot in that situation I've seen, but Purvis continues to struggle with his bball IQ in moments, and he pulled up from about 28 feet with 5.4 left...

I said immediately "this kid Vital is already showing his energy and bball knowledge" while others are still relying on just skill and learning the game.

He crashed the SECOND he saw Purv pull up, and every other player looked up and watched.

And he DID get fouled. JB may have literally not seen it, but he knows that was a foul. Great winning time play by CV on a night where everyone's shot was dreadful.

UCweCONN

Former Poster
Reaction Score
With our shooting, everyone needs to assume an airball and crash the boards...That's not Ray, RIP or Rashad out there on the perimeter.....Vital's play is the first battle victory in the season long war. I hope everyone on the team got the message.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Boatbro

Top Bottom