Vital to UConn | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Vital to UConn

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
This kid is going to be a good one! A little off topic but are we still in on Hamidou Diallo or is he going to play for the Squid?

Matrim55

Why is it so hard To make it in America
Reaction Score
This kid is going to be a good one! A little off topic but are we still in on Hamidou Diallo or is he going to play for the Squid?
We're still in on him. Gonna be a battle royale vs. UK & Duke, tho.

We'll be in it til the very end, one way or another.

EDIT: FWIW I believe Hamidou & Vital are friends.

Reaction Score
Nice get for depth hope it doesn't effect Mal but I don't think it should

Matrim55

Why is it so hard To make it in America
Reaction Score

So this basically confirms that we're going to get sanctioned and suffer a 3-year tourney ban, right?

Reaction Score
Welcome to the UConn family Christian! I think you're going to find it nice here, and if you happen to be reading this message and others like it, I suggest you stop after today for, say, the next few years or until your time as a Husky comes to an end. We are all very excited to see you chose us over some others, and I think you'll find that'll you'll end up as a very, um, necessary, yes, that's the word... necessary part of the team. Congrats!

Reaction Score
Fact remains, if you get KO alone in a room with a kid and his parent/s/ or guardian its pretty much game over. Welcome Chrisitan!!!!

“I loved both campuses and both universities put full support into the men’s basketball program,” Vital said. “I think with my mom she wasn’t too sure with me committing to UNLV. I told her when I decommitted that I would listen to her a little more.”

“She loved both places as well and met with both coaches and thought they were great people, but she felt the hands on, family and father-son type relationship with KO would be the best situation for me.”

Vital said he related to Ollie and his background and that ultimately pushed him to UConn.

“KO is just a genuine and good guy,” Vital said. “I see myself as having a chance to play in the NBA one day. Looking at KO and knowing he wasn’t a top 50 or top 100 player, he had a grind to work for everything he got. That’s replicate of myself.”

“I didn’t get UConn until after my senior season,” he added. “I just think that having a coach and mentor like KO who is also hands on, on the court with you, being able to show you the things you need to do. That’s just a perfect marriage. He’s a real genuine guy and I mean it.”

Christian Vital commits to UConn

Reaction Score
Yep, elite talent, could be top player in the class.

You're actually insufferable.

Steph Curry, Draymond Green, Paul Millsap, Paul George, Russell Westbrook, Damian Lillard, Reggie Jackson, Roy Hibbert, George Hill, Russ Smith, Mike Scott, Shelvin Mack, DeMare Carroll, Cj Watson, Marcus Thornton, Jordan Crawford, Courtney Lee, Tony Snell, Trevor Booker.

Ever heard of them? ALL these players were rated 3 stars or less coming out of high school.

And by the way, I'd argue Steph Curry and Westbrook ended up being the best players in their class.

Reaction Score
“I loved both campuses and both universities put full support into the men’s basketball program,” Vital said. “I think with my mom she wasn’t too sure with me committing to UNLV. I told her when I decommitted that I would listen to her a little more.”

“She loved both places as well and met with both coaches and thought they were great people, but she felt the hands on, family and father-son type relationship with KO would be the best situation for me.”

Vital said he related to Ollie and his background and that ultimately pushed him to UConn.

“KO is just a genuine and good guy,” Vital said. “I see myself as having a chance to play in the NBA one day. Looking at KO and knowing he wasn’t a top 50 or top 100 player, he had a grind to work for everything he got. That’s replicate of myself.”

“I didn’t get UConn until after my senior season,” he added. “I just think that having a coach and mentor like KO who is also hands on, on the court with you, being able to show you the things you need to do. That’s just a perfect marriage. He’s a real genuine guy and I mean it.”

Christian Vital commits to UConn

Good god I love reading something like that. Gives you the inkling this kid will sponge up all that KO coaching and buy in from day 1, so I hope he meant all that deep down

Reaction Score
Seen him play over 60 times the last two years.......he will be a fan favorite simply because he puts more effort into everything he does than anyone else and also does the little things.....no one leaves more flesh and blood literally on the court......and he's a great teammate......one last thing he'a true combo guard and more streaky shooter than a great shooter......all aaa nepsac 1st team should validate any rating

Reaction Score
Great news! Sounds like he brings us things we need; toughness, a shooter, a ball handler. Great job by KO and the staff and great to have him as a part of the Husky family. Welcome aboard Christian! And somehow we were able to recruit him without Bunkey!

Reaction Score
Good god I love reading something like that. Gives you the inkling this kid will sponge up all that KO coaching and buy in from day 1, so I hope he meant all that deep down

I'm with you. The part about not being a high ranked prospect and having to grind and work hard for it, it doesn't get better than that imo. this kid is going to put in the work and I look forward to seeing him blossom in a Uconn jersey! He made a great decision in my obviously bias opinion.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Boatbro

Top Bottom