Vinyl on HBO | The Boneyard

Vinyl on HBO

Reaction Score
Pretty standard Scorcese in Episode 1. Good soundtrack, good capture of the time period, toss in a grotesque killing for good measure. I thought Ray Romano was a nice surprise and liked his character. Anyone else in on this one?

Reaction Score
Caught the last 45 minutes and really enjoyed it. Going to have to on demand it to see what I missed

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
I haven't seen it. I like Romano, but I am very lukewarm on Bobby Canavale. I think he chews the scenery.

August_West

Universal remote, put it down on docking station.
Reaction Score
I was kinda disappointed. I was looking forward to this show since I heard about it months and months ago. I will stay with it for a few as the premise interests me greatly, but its gotta be better than the pilot. I thought Ray Romano was great. I was not a big fan of Bobby Canavale in this though.

August_West

Reaction Score
Ha, best quote on Vinyl Ive seen. Sums it up:

Wesley Morris :

"This is like watching Martin Scorsese lip sync his greatest hits at a retirement home."

Reaction Score
Ha, best quote on Vinyl Ive seen. Sums it up:

Wesley Morris :

"This is like watching Martin Scorsese lip sync his greatest hits at a retirement home."

Yeah. That pretty much sums it up after one episode. Been there, done that.

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
Not bad, I'll see where it goes. Not too gripping at this point, but the potential is there. And Scorcese.

August_West

Reaction Score
The Music was mostly terrible. They couldnt get the licensing for a couple Zep tunes?

That whole scene at the end with the NY Dolls and the building crumbling around them? What the heck?

There is enough to get me to come back, but I was so looking forward to a Scorcese piece on this subject matter and it totally left me flat. Felt very derivative and not so authentic either.

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
That whole scene at the end with the NY Dolls and the building crumbling around them? What the heck?

I loved everything about that scene, from the drug deal in the car up until the cracks in the building started forming. They def captured the energy of the band. Then it was like wtf? It looked like the WTC building coming down. Should have just had scaffolding and lights come down from people shaking it or something.

I would think licencing for Zep would probably be expensive and restrictive. But that's just a guess.

I liked all the scenes with the Radio guy. Would have liked to have seen a little bit more of the orgy though. hahah

Reaction Score
Was skeptical going in, was so-so the majority of episode 1, but liked the last half hour and how it ended so I'm in for episode 2 (haven't watched it yet). Canavale is kind of annoying (in general), but I think I will like drunk and coked up Bobby and Olivia Wilde better than straight and sober Bobby and Olivia in future episodes.

August_West

Reaction Score
anyone stick with this? Its grown on me a bit after the initial episode. Its not across the board good, but it seems to be finding its stride in certain aspects.

Plus Olivia Wilde nude is always a reason to watch.

Reaction Score
i'm watching it and it's ok. total scumbag move on the whole taking money out of the safe and blowing it all while letting the ray romano character think he somehow was at fault. but then again ray did have a 3 some in it :)

Reaction Score
anyone stick with this? Its grown on me a bit after the initial episode. Its not across the board good, but it seems to be finding its stride in certain aspects.

Plus Olivia Wilde nude is always a reason to watch.
so far i like it, it has gotten better as the season goes on. I'd say it iis good, not great... IMO

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom