Videos Post Game Press Conferences Dayton vs UConn | The Boneyard

Videos Post Game Press Conferences Dayton vs UConn

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Can someone please post the direct URLs? The JavaScript on this site keeps redirecting me to other spam sites so the only way I can view this site is with JavaScript turned off.

Reaction Score
Super presser by Coach Jim Jabir, very refreashing. He's a classy guy.

Reaction Score
:( I am super proud of our team and their accomplishments but, was a little disappointed in how our guys have handled both this presser and the one on Saturday after the Texas win. I realize that a presser by the winners of a game compared to that of the losing team is usually going to be more upbeat. Both Coach and our players though, were a bit too giddy and chatty among themselves and therefore came across (I think) a little disrespectful to the press and the public.

Reaction Score
:( I am super proud of our team and their accomplishments but, was a little disappointed in how our guys have handled both this presser and the one on Saturday after the Texas win. I realize that a presser by the winners of a game compared to that of the losing team is usually going to be more upbeat. Both Coach and our players though, were a bit too giddy and chatty among themselves and therefore came across (I think) a little disrespectful to the press and the public.
I thought the same thing. To be honest it's something I started noticing in the last year or so. Dayton 'comported' themselves much better during their press conferences.

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
Was interesting to hear Jabir say that as a result of their NCAA run he is getting an "inordinate" amount of calls from kids who want to transfer AND a kid he is trying to recruit and called 3 months ago, finally called him the day before yesterday! His talk about his picking Carla's brain about all things UConn, from the tucked in shirt to everybody runs to pick up a fallen team mate, was also interesting. He was gracious and classy. Maybe someone could send the link to JP McCallie.

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
Can't agree on the UConn presser disappointment. Geno was nothing but responsive and thoughfully responsive. The byplay between Stewie and Kaleena was limited, had more to do with Stewie wanting Kaleena to do more of the talking than anything, and they, too, were thoughtfully responsive. I don't want to see stone faced automatons lipping clichés up there. Geno and CD have mentioned the tremendous chemistry on this team and we were observing a little of that. Nothing wrong with that.

Reaction Score
I love this Jabir guy! He's obviously drunk the Geno KoolAid, and sounds just like you'd expect Geno to sound if their positions were reversed. I hope that Dayton U. rewards him well, that he resists any temptation to switch to a "bigger" program, and that he builds at Dayton something similar, literally from scratch, to what Geno built here....another program that wasn't even on the map before his arrival.

UcMiami

How it is
Reaction Score
The press conference format for players is often painful and usually the questions are pretty banal - so I don't mind the banter between coaches and players on the dais. The coaches portion I think is much more interesting and I am an avid watchers when I get the chance.

Jabir is an impressive guy, humble, intelligent, and obviously 100% with his players. Gene is always interesting and his last answer was GREAT. Dayton is very good for WCBB.

Reaction Score
understandable to certain degree, it must be a relief for them after trailing at the half. I think that could be a normal reaction from being finally relaxed after an intense game and coming out of a victory.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CJasmer

Top Bottom