Verducci should be fired in the tunnel | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Verducci should be fired in the tunnel

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Team requires a new Coach to pull this out if the gutter. I'm sorry, this is plenty of enough time and nothing is going to change in any dramatic way.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
As I said in the game thread,. Red Zone and Third Down efficiency expose play calling abilities.

I'd like to retract this statement. Bobby D just agreed with what I said above in his pot game presser.

Reaction Score
He seemed upset his team wasnt aggressive but when YOU coach conservative and scared team will play conservative and scared
1,000 +. And a fake, fake field goal is not aggressive. It's stupidity.

Reaction Score
This is the most basic offense I have ever seen. They run a conservative offense out of the shotgun. The only time they get under center is when shirreffs is sneaking for a yard. Verducci should go for this alone.

Reaction Score
True, but then the HC is saddled with an assistant hand picked by the AD. How well did that work out when Manuel canned DeLeone and brought in Weist? We went 0-4 and then Pasqualoni gets canned. It has now become rather obvious that we should have kept Weist, who's currently coaching an offense in our league that can actually score TDs in the red zone, unlike ours.

Whatever. ND defensive coordinator got fired after loss to Duke. Diaco can hire Verducci's successor. Only requirement is that Diaco never have played FOR him.

Reaction Score
The 2nd to the last drive ended with BS throwing behind an open Thomas, overthrowing an open Thomas and coming up short on a his own run.

true. How many passes to the tight end or RB have been thrown in red zone, though?

Reaction Score
They gave him way to much time and the corners play way to far off all day which drives me nuts. That is what they gave up so many yards in the air. They were giving five to ten yard cushions.

Agree the soft corners are absolutely killing us - can't give up 8 yards on first down and expect to get off the field anytime soon. Press coverage would be much more effective as most college QBs lack the accuracy to beat it on a consistent basis.

Reaction Score
The ron johnson pass was such a weird call. That's something you do on 2nd and 2. 3rd and 11 when teams are expecting pass is ridiculous.

Reaction Score
We made that lil look like Aaron Rodgers

TBH that QB is pretty decent. Broke most of Marcus Mariota's Hawaii HS records. Frost pretty gutsy starting him as a true frosh.Wish UConn had a coach with that kind of guts.

Reaction Score
Verducci should be gone at end of the year and a hotshot Coach who is an OC right now should be brought in. Someone at a lower level who wants a pay raise and an opportunity like when Edsall brought in Moorehead. We line up TE's wide and never throw to them. In the redzone late we had Davis in as a wideout. No chance he was getting a pass thrown his way. We never use the 6' 5" McLean in the red zone. We don't run combo routes in the red zone that make DB's have to make a choice and maybe a mistake. How about play action in the red zone? First half inside the 25, RJ right, left and option pass, just pathetic. Why no throws to Beal's? There is no pace to our play on offense. It is so slow, everything has to be perfect before we snap the ball. Just brutal to watch.

Reaction Score
everything has to be perfect before we snap the ball. Just brutal to watch.

Great point. That get back up and look at the sideline thing is fine early in the game or when you have the lead, but not in the fourth quarter when the clock is becoming a factor.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom