Vance Spin Cycle | The Boneyard

Vance Spin Cycle

Reaction Score
Was the single most beautiful post move I've seen a UConn player make in 10 years.
You must've missed this game then.
YqvUgM9.gif

polycom

I heard a beep, who just joined?
Reaction Score
Was the single most beautiful post move I've seen a UConn player make in 10 years. Kid will be a stud by his senior year

He won't be here his senior year...if that move is a sign of what is to come from him.....

Rico444

In the mix for six
Reaction Score
If Vance can put together a post-up game, he can be a pretty deadly weapon for us.

Reaction Score
He won't be here his senior year...if that move is a sign of what is to come from him.....

This is why I come to the Boneyard. For the first few weeks of the season Vance got rightfully slagged for his inability to hit water from a boat and we were wondering if he and his father were Mumu situation part deux. Last night the kid pirouettes in the lane and now he's leaving early for the draft in a few years.

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
This is why I come to the Boneyard. For the first few weeks of the season Vance got rightfully slagged for his inability to hit water from a boat and we were wondering if he and his father were Mumu situation part deux. Last night the kid pirouettes in the lane and now he's leaving early for the draft in a few years.
C'mon.
He's on a trajectory to be one and done this season.

Reaction Score
Vance is an effective weapon in the paint. Good news.

He is very Giffey-ish from 3, and by that, I compare him to the frosh through junior Giffey, who could hit a 3 when his feet were set. And when he wasn't set, you knew it as soon as he went up. With Vance, you know if it's going in or not as he's going up. This is very different from Purvis, you never know with Rodney because Rodney is all arms when shooting.

pnow15

Previously pnete
Reaction Score
Just glad to see he has been working on speeding up his jumper.

Matrim55

Why is it so hard To make it in America
Reaction Score
Only way he ever leaves early is if he shoots 60% from 3 and averages 30 ppg. Otherwise he's too unathletic & doesn't have NBA length for his spot (SF).

He's going to be a wonderful 4-year player for us.

Reaction Score
Only way he ever leaves early is if he shoots 60% from 3 and averages 30 ppg. Otherwise he's too unathletic & doesn't have NBA length for his spot (SF).

He's going to be a wonderful 4-year player for us.

Vance kinda reminds me of Jason Kapono. Not very athletic but skilled and can shoot well (even though he hasn't shown the ability to shoot consistently well yet)

Reaction Score
I noticed his inside moves in other games but nothing to that degree. He just is starting to look more confident out there and I attribute that to all the minutes he gets.
Confidence is the key to every athlete's game. Vance always looked good shooting the ball and he will be deadly in the future. If he can develop his inside game we will really have something.

Reaction Score
No that was not an exaggerated statement. I'm being 100% serious. That was the most impressive, beautiful post move a UCONN player has made in 10 years. Name me a better one lol

Sticks had some great drop step dunks over smaller defenders that trumped the Jackson step through. Kemba abused Syracuse in the 2011 BET with a step through that was very similar and he was giving up major size.

It was impressive, but 10 years is a long time. Maybe 5, maybe.

Reaction Score
When you look up Hyperbole in the dictionary they link you to this posting.

While we're doing hyperbole, that behind the back/over the shoulder pass that the Temple kid had where his teammate clanged it off the back of the rim was one of better almost assists I've seen in a long time.

nomar

#1 Casual Fan™
Reaction Score
While we're doing hyperbole, that behind the back/over the shoulder pass that the Temple kid had where his teammate clanged it off the back of the rim was one of better almost assists I've seen in a long time.

That ain't hyperbole - it was fantastic. His teammate's miscue prevented him from making SportsCenter. That was a heckuva pass.

Reaction Score
Sticks had some great drop step dunks over smaller defenders that trumped the Jackson step through. Kemba abused Syracuse in the 2011 BET with a step through that was very similar and he was giving up major size.

It was impressive, but 10 years is a long time. Maybe 5, maybe.
Idk debatable at least. The beauty about it was vance made like 3 beautiful moves in a row. Lol

Reaction Score
Was the single most beautiful post move I've seen a UConn player make in 10 years. Kid will be a stud by his senior year

The spin move was tasmanian which is common off the Australian coast...it's a move desired by all who play this sport but can only be executed properly by a husky in the northeast once every 10 years.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TBall

Top Bottom