Vance Jackson | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Vance Jackson

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Terry Larrier is an exceptional athlete and leaper with plus length. We're going to need him a lot next year, especially in Purvis' role of getting out in transition.

Reaction Score
Not sure if anyone follows Vance on snapchat but the other day he posted a video of him shooting a corner three in front of his bench during a game. When the ball was about halfway to the basket he turned around and started jogging away while pumping up his teammates. He knew it was going in and sure enough the shot was money. It was so cool. Reminded me of Steph Curry.

Reaction Score
I have a question about Vance that has popped up due to this year's circumstances. We know he can knock down outside shots, but can he get his own shot or is he a spot up shooter?

Reaction Score
I have a question about Vance that has popped up due to this year's circumstances. We know he can knock down outside shots, but can he get his own shot or is he a spot up shooter?
That's one of the knocks on him. He isn't overly athletic and can't create his own shot. If he was 6-8, could shoot like that AND create his own shot he'd be top 10 in the 2016 class.

Reaction Score
If his game can translate into the college game, he may earn a starting spot next season. In my opinion Adams, Gilbert, Hamilton, and Brimah are locks to start. That last spot can go to anyone really but I like Vance's 3 point shooting.

pj

Reaction Score
If you're 6' 8", you can get your shot off.

Reaction Score
Terry Larrier is an exceptional athlete and leaper with plus length. We're going to need him a lot next year, especially in Purvis' role of getting out in transition.

Did Larrier start for Shaka?

I know his #'s were solid as a frosh.

Reaction Score
I think Hooper pretty much summed it up. He's not real athletic or quick and he looks like he gets about 6 inches off the ground on his jumper. I think he'll be a very good role player and spot up shooter. With that said, he does score a ton in high school, I just don't think a lot of that will translate to the high D1 level. I certainly could be wrong, but even if I'm not I think he's a great pickup and a much needed sharp shooter.

Reaction Score
If you're 6' 8", you can get your shot off.
That's different than creating your own shot.

Every team needs shooters though. I'd be happy if he's a sharpshooter who can shoot in the low to mid 40s percentage range from three.

Reaction Score
That's different than creating your own shot.

Every team needs shooters though. I'd be happy if he's a sharpshooter who can shoot in the low to mid 40s percentage range from three.
An effective stretch four to will be a monumental help for Jalen's game going forward. He should be able to get to the rim at will.

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
When the ball was about halfway to the basket he turned around and started jogging away while pumping up his teammates. He knew it was going in and sure enough the shot was money. It was so cool. Reminded me of Steph Curry.

All well and good, but nobody does it like Swaggy P.

nick-young-celebrates-missed-3-during-knicks-game.gif

intlzncster

Reaction Score
That's one of the knocks on him. He isn't overly athletic and can't create his own shot. If he was 6-8, could shoot like that AND create his own shot he'd be top 10 in the 2016 class.

Kind of feels like you're describing Gibbs, but with a massive advantage in shooting height. 6'8 guy who can drill it is a huge advantage in college ball.

intlzncster

Reaction Score
I think Hooper pretty much summed it up. He's not real athletic or quick and he looks like he gets about 6 inches off the ground on his jumper. I think he'll be a very good role player and spot up shooter. With that said, he does score a ton in high school, I just don't think a lot of that will translate to the high D1 level. I certainly could be wrong, but even if I'm not I think he's a great pickup and a much needed sharp shooter.

Does he have some decent post moves? Because he could be very effective in college at that inside-out role if he does.

intlzncster

Reaction Score
I'm just happy to be on the yard for a what will be an inside joke going forward. I was on the outside looking in for "20 minutes", "Kasongo'd" among others. I think I read the thread about the carwash insider.

Sure that was the original CR thread from whence it came?

Reaction Score
Can't wait for next year.

The lineup should feature:

Bamida Arhymah
Fentan Kacey
Even Stenock
Dance Vernom
Galterique Alebert
Alen Chathams
Hamuel Damilton
Damadou Miarra

and maybe even Podney Rurvis
Nice. Coach finally got his players. Now lets see what he can do with them. I hear we have a transfer that had to sit out this year but is schooling everyone in practice. They describe him as a Lamborghini

dennismenace

ONE MORE CAST
Reaction Score
plays same position as DHAM. Practices for playing minutes, should be fierce. Also, Larry Tarrier plays the same position.
Trying to imagine all three on the floor at the same time! 6-8 jumping jacks that can shoot, handle and rebound and can cause all kinds of mismatches.

C

Chief00

I will take a 6-8 guy who can make 3's - you never have enough good shooters - - we have enough athletes - we need more muscle and mean dudes, guys with basketball IQ and some skills.

Reaction Score
His games vs Huntington prep and La Lumiere are online.

He struggles big time against both teams. Not sure he has had a great year to be honest.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hipline

Top Bottom