Vance Jackson appreciation thread | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Vance Jackson appreciation thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Lmao for those that have been talking bout Vance can eat a frank. I've seen them practice and with everyone healthy he is by far the most skilled. And defense is not a problem he stuck AG full court and kept him in front of him and on the offensive end he's a bucket whether it's a three pull up attack Finnish at the rim it don't matter he can get points filled. Not to mention his ability to pass is one of the best on the team th dimes he throw is crazy. Yes he has been shooting terrible from the field but that's ok he's goin through a slump which I'm pretty sure he's in the gym gettin ready for Cuse. There is nothing wrong with his shot he can get it off with no problem it's just that he plays smart I've been watching him play since 11th grade when he had to run pg at St. John bosco he is a force when he is in control. Me personally I feel that he's being limited for what he can do. They not making him play at his full ability. People question his dribble now but I'm telling you this man can dribble he kills in practice.
But with that being said I just got so annoyed with all yaw talking mess for no reason like yaw don't know what's real or the reality behind the scenes

Here's the good news from me personally, you're not coaching our UConn Huskies and hopefully for the area you reside, not coaching much more than youth leagues. Better news is he's at UConn where he will get better and be able to do the things you seem to think he can do now. He's a very talented kid and he's shown some really nice stuff, also some very rookies things. He will get it eventually and be a really nice player for this program. It will be fun to watch the transition from good player to impact player. Until then cool your jets he's in good hands.

But thanks for visiting!

CTBasketball

Former Owner of the Pizza Thread
Reaction Score
Was this thread made in response to his father's twitter comments?

Or are we that nice? Yes he'll be better, but right now he's shooting poorly and if you can't shoot, have trouble rebounding, and trouble playing defense you should have limited minutes until you come out of the shooting slump. Shooting well seems to fix most things.

Reaction Score
Good lord, the highest upside? I question your knowledge about basketball.
ybbit.jpg

We'll see in 3 years or so who on this current roster is an NBA player....my bet is that Vance Jackson will be one.

Reaction Score
Lmao for those that have been talking bout Vance can eat a frank. I've seen them practice and with everyone healthy he is by far the most skilled. And defense is not a problem he stuck AG full court and kept him in front of him and on the offensive end he's a bucket whether it's a three pull up attack Finnish at the rim it don't matter he can get points filled. Not to mention his ability to pass is one of the best on the team th dimes he throw is crazy. Yes he has been shooting terrible from the field but that's ok he's goin through a slump which I'm pretty sure he's in the gym gettin ready for Cuse. There is nothing wrong with his shot he can get it off with no problem it's just that he plays smart I've been watching him play since 11th grade when he had to run pg at St. John bosco he is a force when he is in control. Me personally I feel that he's being limited for what he can do. They not making him play at his full ability. People question his dribble now but I'm telling you this man can dribble he kills in practice.
But with that being said I just got so annoyed with all yaw talking mess for no reason like yaw don't know what's real or the reality behind the scenes

I really like his game, agree that he has a terrific skillset and think he is the 2nd most important player for this current season after Jalen. But before we give him the keys to the team, can we see him actually play well in a smaller role?

Reaction Score
No my name is Michael and I'm a sports analyst and scout
youre a scout and you want vance to start playing point guard lol? theres nothing to see here vance is going to get plenty of minutes by default. if he continues shooting 30% from the field with a questionable shot selection, thats who he is as a player. and "sticking someone full court" isn't half of what defense is.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
In all seriousness, I like Vance. It's nice to have a 6-8 guy with some measure of skill, but he's gotta get to the point where he can use his skill and brain to overcome his athletic shortcomings, because to me he looks like he's wearing cinder blocks on his feet. And it'd be nice to see him start making some shots. Count me in the camp that thinks they're going to get absolutely blitzed on Monday night, but he might as well fire them up if he's open.

Reaction Score
Who knows, comes down to RP and JA having big nights to keep it close.

'Cuse is not good, blown out by Wisky and beat bad by South Carolina, no good wins.

I agree, let Vance play and shoot, not sure it matters at this point, only option is to win AAC, no way to get an at-large bid with losses to NE and Wagner, that ship has sailed.

In all seriousness, I like Vance. It's nice to have a 6-8 guy with some measure of skill, but he's gotta get to the point where he can use his skill and brain to overcome his athletic shortcomings, because to me he looks like he's wearing cinder blocks on his feet. And it'd be nice to see him start making some shots. Count me in the camp that thinks they're going to get absolutely blitzed on Monday night, but he might as well fire them up if he's open.

UChusky916

Making the board a little less insufferable
Reaction Score
Pleasantly surprised to see this thread wasn't bumped because of some ignoramus complaining about Vance's shooting night.

He needs to adjust his game, but I know he'll figure it out and start knocking them down soon. We need him.

Glad he tweeted that, showing his commitment to the squad.

Reaction Score
his dad put his profile on 'protected' which is hilarious. freshman will be freshman, he has to grow. happy he is excited about the win.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99

Top Bottom