Vance getting hot | The Boneyard

Vance getting hot

UChusky916

Making the board a little less insufferable
Reaction Score

Double figures in 3 of last 4 games.

Not only has he found his stroke from 3, but his whole floor game is better. Had a nice pull-up and is better around the rim than he's given credit for.

Vance will be a great player here and he will hit a lot of big shots. I bet everyone who unfairly bashed him earlier in the year for comments that his DAD made on twitter are feeling pretty stupid right about now.

Happy for Vance.

Reaction Score
Definitely need what he can provide. Looking forward to watching these youngins gain confidence!

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score

Not only has he found his stroke from 3, but his whole floor game is better. Had a nice pull-up and is better around the rim than he's given credit for.

Vance will be a great player here and he will hit a lot of big shots. I bet everyone who unfairly bashed him earlier in the year for comments that his DAD made on twitter are feeling pretty stupid right about now.

Happy for Vance.

Nope - wrong
I made comments about his father, etc and felt they were warranted
The kid was playing absolutely terrible bball
He has picked up his game a bit and I am happy for him
He still needs to play D at a higher rate
But he looks much more confident, that is good

Reaction Score
I liked him better than Vital out there. I guess KO was listening to the BY. Lol!

UChusky916

Reaction Score
Nope - wrong
I made comments about his father, etc and felt they were warranted
The kid was playing absolutely terrible bball
He has picked up his game a bit and I am happy for him
He still needs to play D at a higher rate
But he looks much more confident, that is good

I quote stats and your response is 'Nope - wrong'? Lol... terrible post by a terrible poster. Par for the course from you.

The kid was a few games into his season as a FRESHMAN, inserted into a starting role due to injuries when he was best suited for a few minutes per game. Struggling in that situation is natural. And people here killed him for it and for comments that HIS DAD made, not him. That was undeserved.

Now, he looks more comfortable. His game is more well-rounded than he's given credit for-- not just a knock down shooter. Point it, he's progressing, which is all you can ask for from a freshman thrust into his role.Even a moron like you can't argue that.

Last edited:

Mr. French

Tremendous Individual
Reaction Score
Amazing ... a huge jump in competition, speed, attention to detail, and the 500 other things that happen in the first 2 months of frosh year sometimes slow down, build confidence, and produce better results.

I could have sworn that based on this message board's mostly ignorant vocal majority, these players would be putrid, ill-prepared and unskilled players for the entirety of their careers.

Hankster

What do I know.
Reaction Score
He looked good out there. More confident. Developing a nice shot. He didn't hit the side of the back board not one time. Good ball control. Knew where his teamates were. Seemed totally in the game.

zls44

Your #icebus Tour Director
Reaction Score
I think he has the highest ceiling of the three freshmen playing regularly. Glad to see him getting into a groove.

Reaction Score

Happy for Vance.

I doubt it, anyone willing to bash Vance over 10 games his freshman year is too dumb to ever admit they're wrong and probably don't believe what they're saying

UChusky916

Reaction Score
I doubt it, anyone willing to bash Vance over 10 games his freshman year is too dumb to ever admit they're wrong and probably don't believe what they're saying

Bingo -- exhibit A... gtcam's post earlier in this thread.

Reaction Score
He was hotter with the other hair due. But he is making more shots now!

Huskyforlife

Akokbouk
Reaction Score
When his dad made those comments, the criticism was warranted. He's got a bright future here, he'll be a good 4 year player.

Reaction Score
His handle is improving a lot too. He used to dribble into traffic and it was an automatic turnover. Playing with a lot more confidence overall. Going to be nice player for us.

Stainmaster

Occasionally Constructive
Reaction Score
I still stand by the assertion that Vance is a shooter and can be dangerous for us in this role very soon. Although it didn't look like it tonight, UCF was the top team in the country in terms of opp. FG% heading into today's game. They are probably one of the better defensive teams in the conference, and it's a great sign for his development that he was able to have this kind of game against them.

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
I think he has the highest ceiling of the three freshmen playing regularly. Glad to see him getting into a groove.

Really? Higher than Durham once he fully recovers (gets at least 2 years away from last ACL)? I don't see that.

Hopefully he gets his legs back.

Reaction Score
No post from Jerry tonight trashing Vance and his shooting? Shocking...I was expecting a post about how "Jackson had 2 lucky games in a row, he's still a terrible shooter"

Huskyforlife

Akokbouk
Reaction Score
No post from Jerry tonight trashing Vance and his shooting? Shocking...I was expecting a post about how "Jackson had 2 lucky games in a row, he's still a terrible shooter"
He hasn't proved anything yet.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Boatbro

Top Bottom