UT Fires Dooley... | The Boneyard

UT Fires Dooley...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
With one game left. Breaking news on ESPN.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

Reaction Score

Embarrassing coaching situation there last 7-10 years, slightly better than PP

UCFBfan

Semi Kings of New England!
Reaction Score

Best comment by Lou Holtz this morning....Reece Davis said how Dooley might not be back and Lou said, "Why would he want to be back?"

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score
note to warde and all the clowns here who say u can't fire a coach before end of season. once again.....

Reaction Score
note to warde and all the clowns here who say u can't fire a coach before end of season. once again.....

No one is saying they "can't." People are saying that they won't, people are saying it won't help this year anyway and people are saying that putting wins ahead of any degree of fairness isn't where we want to be as a public university. But no one is telling you can't. Of course we can.

Relating back to an earlier posted video, there is a difference between saying the Miami Dolphin cheerleaders "can't" do you and "won't" do you.

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score
No one is saying they "can't." People are saying that they won't, people are saying it won't help this year anyway and people are saying that putting wins ahead of any degree of fairness isn't where we want to be as a public university. But no one is telling you can't. Of course we can.

Relating back to an earlier posted video, there is a difference between saying the Miami Dolphin cheerleaders "can't" do you and "won't" do you.

u still get my point, i understand what your saying and read it as u making a nice little excuse to walk around the main topic here and make this a stupid thread. schools like bc will get first pick of coaches if we don't join the market fast. we should be ahead of all the other crapy teams and get a guy into our facilities 1st so that he never leaves. we have a great card to play becuase coaches will look at burton and go, holy i can recruit all day with this thing. sign here. we need to be first and not 2nd or 3rd becuase then people are going to hear about the acc or nbe blah blah before the facilities we have ever reach some ones mind and than its a tough sell with weighing many issues to any coach.

Reaction Score
I do understand your point. But many here think it's more important to be fair to the players trying to eke an extra win out of their season, and be fair to an honorable man who hasn't yet completed 24 months since he took the job, than it is to get an early start on rebuilding the program. Some believe that it is more important even if it costs us something down the line.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
u still get my point, i understand what your saying and read it as u making a nice little excuse to walk around the main topic here and make this a stupid thread. schools like bc will get first pick of coaches if we don't join the market fast. we should be ahead of all the other crapy teams and get a guy into our facilities 1st so that he never leaves. we have a great card to play becuase coaches will look at burton and go, holy **** i can recruit all day with this thing. sign here. we need to be first and not 2nd or 3rd becuase then people are going to hear about the acc or nbe blah blah before the facilities we have ever reach some ones mind and than its a tough sell with weighing many issues to any coach.

Did I miss BC bringing people in for interviews? The coaches you'd want to hire ARE WORKING RIGHT NOW AND CAN'T INTERVIEW.

I know you don't want to deal with the reality. They aren't firing him after the season either. He'll be back next year.

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score
Did I miss BC bringing people in for interviews? The coaches you'd want to hire ARE WORKING RIGHT NOW AND CAN'T INTERVIEW.

I know you don't want to deal with the reality. They aren't firing him after the season either. He'll be back next year.

bc has not done anything yet, this is why i want to beat them to the punch. our season ends a minute after the last game of the rs. so does bc's and the ad new guy for bc has already hinted away that spaz is gone asap. so bc will right away be looking around. in fact they are right now i asume. just becuase we are in season doesn't mean we can't call some agents and ppl and say hi for a quick chat. if u think the world is that clean where that type of stuff doesn't happen then god bless u. did i say interview now anywhere? its about getting that jump start, letting the fans know to keep trucking becuase i see what u see, its about getting it in the players/parents/programs family that this will not be tolerated at a early stage and setting tone for the future of your job and the future of this program.

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score
I do understand your point. But many here think it's more important to be fair to the players trying to eke an extra win out of their season, and be fair to an honorable man who hasn't yet completed 24 months since he took the job, than it is to get an early start on rebuilding the program. Some believe that it is more important even if it costs us something down the line.

are u one of those?

Reaction Score
Love Daddy Vince's comments about son Derek on 247 Sports:

Considering the mess he inherited from Lane Kiffin, do you think Derek has gotten a fair shake at Tennessee?
Well, there’s no question I knew the job at Tennessee was tough. It’s tougher than I thought it would be. When you have three coaches in three years, you will lose players. They’ve lost some. The last couple of years under Fulmer, who will be a Hall of Fame coach and should be, the recruiting was not as good as it had been. Kiffin comes in and you had changes. Derek gets there and there are more changes and a new staff. It’s pretty obvious to me that, at Tennessee, they are short on personnel. At a lot of places you could come in, like I did at Georgia, and do well early. I don’t see that at Tennessee, particularly on defense. They have rebuilt the offense, but the defense is at the bottom of league. It’s pretty obvious they don’t have as much talent as needed. Sal Sunseri is a good coach. He’s well respected. They just don’t have the personnel yet.

Reaction Score
are u one of those?

Absolutely. I do not want the University of Connecticut to be like Auburn. Winning athletic contests has become incredibly important to the success of the University, but it should still be important in the context of helping the University -- not something we do for its own sake.

I would fully support the AD making a decision as to what has to be done with the staff the day after the season ends. That will be when I have a firm opinion. And, between you and me, no matter what happens the last two weeks and no matter what I or any other fans think, my instincts are that he is not being fired (although I would not be shocked if we hear that George has retired and we're searching for a new OC).

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
bc has not done anything yet, this is why i want to beat them to the punch. our season ends a minute after the last game of the rs. so does bc's and the ad new guy for bc has already hinted away that spaz is gone asap. so bc will right away be looking around. in fact they are right now i asume. just becuase we are in season doesn't mean we can't call some agents and ppl and say hi for a quick chat. if u think the world is that clean where that type of stuff doesn't happen then god bless u. did i say interview now anywhere? its about getting that jump start, letting the fans know to keep trucking becuase i see what u see, its about getting it in the players/parents/programs family that this will not be tolerated at a early stage and setting tone for the future of your job and the future of this program.

Let's say they are going to fire him. Firing him Sunday 11/25 instead of Sunday 12/2 will not make any difference to the program in the longterm.

You need to emotionally prepare yourself for the fact that they aren't making a head coaching change at the end of the season. He's coming back.

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score
wow both of u think the staff is coming back. welp, hope your enjoying your football team then.

Reaction Score

How do you know:

1. Players wouldn't prefer get rid of PP and Deleone and put in Hank as interim and Foley take over OL?
2. How do you know PP is an honorable man? I don't know if he is or isn't, keeping Deleone to the detriment of team is loyal but not honorable. Honorable does the right thing, not think everything he does is right.

Not interested in early start, interested in decision makers making the right reads, executing and getting on with it.

Dooley

Done with U-con athletics
Reaction Score
That's cool, but I didn't know that I was the UT head coach! Probably the reason why UT has sucked for the past few years, huh?

Reaction Score
How do you know:

1. Players wouldn't prefer get rid of PP and Deleone and put in Hank as interim and Foley take over OL?
2. How do you know PP is an honorable man? I don't know if he is or isn't, keeping Deleone to the detriment of team is loyal but not honorable. Honorable does the right thing, not think everything he does is right.

Not interested in early start, interested in decision makers making the right reads, executing and getting on with it.

Great -- so this is now like the cesspool? Someone having coached his whole adult life with honor isn't enough to stop anonymous people with internet access from putting it into question.

Reaction Score
Dooley found out he was getting fired and he declined to coach the last game. That's all Ther is to it people.

It's not like the Tennessee courtship of Gruden was going to start a week or two later otherwise.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
Keep in mind that this is what Tennessee is doing. They are the ones who hired Kiffin and then Dooley back to back. I don't know if based on those results I'd be in a hurry to emulate them.

Maybe try mixing in someone who doesn't have a famous coaching father this time UT.

Reaction Score
Dan- please list all of the schools that have ever fired a football coach before he has completed two full seasons.

TIA.

Reaction Score
@JFowlerCBS: Good quote. RT @wesrucker247 Vols AD Dave Hart: "It's time to take our rightful place in the Souteastern Conference."

Reaction Score

duckK fairness that's thinking small time!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LocalHits

Top Bottom