USWNT at the Rent 4/6/16 | The Boneyard

USWNT at the Rent 4/6/16

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Bump. Got my ticket. With them being in the news lately, I hope the fans support them and we AT LEAST sell out the lower bowl at the rent. We had 36,000+ for LD's last game and we sold lower bowl for that intl friendly last yr. Place is awesome for both football and soccer. Every soccer game I've been to @ the rent , I just stand midfield behind the lower bowl seats and stand behind the red line b/c of security.

Sucks its on a weds night. I think this is another test of our market for soccer. I really think others are watching on how many show up. Please support the women, but also if you want more soccer in CT.

I'm also gonna go to Connecticut United ASL inaugural game at veterans memorial in NB 4/2 @ 7pm

Reaction Score
landon-donovan-tri.jpg

look at the rent. Place was packed. glad I went. If could get 1/2 that, it would be good.

I'm sorry i'm bringing the USMNT into this thread, but I want to remind people that we should support both USNT @ the Rent.

http://grantland.com/the-triangle/landon-donovan-usmnt-retirement/
Friday night, fans came out to show their appreciation of Donovan’s efforts. Sometime just after the half-hour mark, one of the stadium staffers was talking to a coworker: “I can’t remember the last time I saw this many people in this place.”

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
I'm going. But I doubt the lower bowl will be filled since I think they are only selling seats on one side.

Reaction Score
If you guys want to go to the game and drink, I bet Abby and Hope will give everyone rides in the USWNT Van as designated drivers.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
Bump. Got my ticket. With them being in the news lately, I hope the fans support them and we AT LEAST sell out the lower bowl at the rent.

Good call. Almost 22K. More people at the Rent for a women's friendly (in the wind and cold) then in Columbus for a men's game that counted.

Reaction Score
Women win 7-0. Touchdown!
Chilly, but not as cold as the whale bowl back in 2010. Man, that night was WAY WAY COLDER than tonight. I remember having all my snowboard gear that night and was still freezing. I think it was -15 with wind chill that night...

Reaction Score
Good call. Almost 22K. More people at the Rent for a women's friendly (in the wind and cold) then in Columbus for a men's game that counted.

22k Nice.... I think they had 15k or so last time they played here. Glad
I live in a state that support women's sports like we do... Nice to hear and I joined the equal play=equal pay chant

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
Women win 7-0. Touchdown!
Chilly, but not as cold as the whale bowl back in 2010. Man, that night was WAY WAY COLDER than tonight. I remember having all my snowboard gear that night and was still freezing. I think it was -15 with wind chill that night...
It was so cold, security didn't ever care about us openly passing around a 5th of Maker's Mark. That was so cold I left at the 2nd intermission and didn't feel guilty.

UCFBfan

Semi Kings of New England!
Reaction Score
Stadium looked packed on tv on the non ptess box side and there was a lot of traffic heading towards the Silver Lane exit on the 15 connector to 84. Was the press box side full or did they even sell tickets there?

Had two students who went and I asked them if it was freezing and they said it turned them into an ice cube but it was worth every second of being cold!

Reaction Score
Stadium looked packed on tv on the non ptess box side and there was a lot of traffic heading towards the Silver Lane exit on the 15 connector to 84. Was the press box side full or did they even sell tickets there?

Had two students who went and I asked them if it was freezing and they said it turned them into an ice cube but it was worth every second of being cold!

I'm hearing a lot of reports that the Rent management really screwed up the parking ingress and egress again, just like they did when the USMNT played. People are really b*tching a storm about it today on other websites. I don't understand what the "H" the Rent people are doing with the parking - it works fine for football, why all the problems with these soccer games?????

Reaction Score

No upper bowl tickets sold on glassed suite side. End zones were full and sun side was pretty full . Corners were 1/2. I left after it was 5-0. Good times.

I think they weren't expecting that many people. They only had 1 lane going on silver and not many tailgating so traffic sucked getting in. Tickets were $$$. Someone was telling me it was like 125 for lower midfield. I paid 40 and just stood near concourse pillars to block wind

^^^ I hate LAZ. $20 to park. I just parked at Pizza Hut and walked over

UCFBfan

Semi Kings of New England!
Reaction Score
I'm hearing a lot of reports that the Rent management really screwed up the parking ingress and egress again, just like they did when the USMNT played. People are really b*tching a storm about it today on other websites. I don't understand what the "H" the Rent people are doing with the parking - it works fine for football, why all the problems with these soccer games?????
My students did say that it took them until 10:30 before they finally left the parking lot. I'm guessing the game was over by 9:30 but they said they headed out around 9:15....insane they screwed up that parking job

Reaction Score
the parking was a mess, and there was very little direction for anyone leaving the stadium after the match.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
the parking was a mess, and there was very little direction for anyone leaving the stadium after the match.

FWIW, I sent them an email of complaint. They said while it wasn't an excuse, they tried a new pattern for leaving the stadium that was obviously sub-optimal. They promised to use the lessons learned going forward.

Reaction Score
FWIW, I sent them an email of complaint. They said while it wasn't an excuse, they tried a new pattern for leaving the stadium that was obviously sub-optimal. They promised to use the lessons learned going forward.

I don't get it. Why not just use the football pattern?

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
I don't get it. Why not just use the football pattern?

I agree. There are some different challenges for soccer games, more fans unfamiliar with the Rent all coming at about the same time. But let me put it this way, I don't think they had their A team working the game.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak

Top Bottom