USMNT November WCQ Roster | The Boneyard

USMNT November WCQ Roster

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
http://www.ussoccer.com/stories/201...r-begining-of-2018-world-cup-qualifying-cycle

U.S. Roster By Position:
GOALKEEPERS (3): Brad Guzan (Aston Villa), Bill Hamid (D.C. United), Tim Howard (Everton)
DEFENDERS (8): Ventura Alvarado (Club America), Matt Besler (Sporting Kansas City), Geoff Cameron (Stoke City), Fabian Johnson (Borussia Mönchengladbach), Matt Miazga (New York Red Bulls), Michael Orozco (Club Tijuana), Tim Ream (Fulham FC), Brek Shea (Orlando City SC)
MIDFIELDERS (7): Kyle Beckerman (Real Salt Lake), Michael Bradley (Toronto FC), Mix Diskerud (New York City FC), Miguel Ibarra (Club Leon), Jermaine Jones (New England Revolution), Darlington Nagbe (Portland Timbers), DeAndre Yedlin (Sunderland)
FORWARDS (5): Jozy Altidore (Toronto FC), Alan Gordon (LA Galaxy), Jordan Morris (Stanford), Bobby Wood (Union Berlin), Gyasi Zardes (LA Galaxy)

Love Miazga getting the early call up - no duece.. thoughts on Jurgens 23?

UCFBfan

Semi Kings of New England!
Reaction Score
It's pretty sad that Altidore is the best we have or at least one of the better options we have at forward. He's been terrible over the past few months if not a bit longer. Wish we had some more offensive firepower.

Good to see Johnson is in the lineup even after JK threw him under the bus.

Reaction Score
Is Dempsey hurt? I thought he played with Sounders this weekend.

Is Bedoya hurt?

Bedoya is sick. He hasn't played in weeks.

I think the Sounders asked for Dempsey to be left out.

Still don't get the fascination with Mediocre Diskerud.

Brek Shea?

Reaction Score
Bedoya is sick. He hasn't played in weeks.

I think the Sounders asked for Dempsey to be left out.

Still don't get the fascination with Mediocre Diskerud.

Brek Shea?

I understand Shea. If Tim Ream is playing LB, and we need a goal in the last 20 minutes, who else is an option?

Mix has been awful in club play this year. It truly is amazing that he's not willing to try any of the dozen MLS midfielders who have had much, much better years.

Reaction Score
I understand Shea. If Tim Ream is playing LB, and we need a goal in the last 20 minutes, who else is an option?

Mix has been awful in club play this year. It truly is amazing that he's not willing to try any of the dozen MLS midfielders who have had much, much better years.

If we need a goal then I wouldn't be subbing any of the fullbacks. You bring on a fresh forward like Bobby Wood or Jordan Morris. Or you do the soccer equivalent of a hail mary and put Alan Gordon in and hope for a header or something.

Mix was a good player in an awful Scandinavian League. I don't even think the Norwegian League is as good as MLS. There have been some MLS journeymen who have done well there.

I think that Benny and Sascha must have gotten on Jurgen's shitlist somehow. It will be interesting to see how Darlington Nagbe does.

Reaction Score
I do not follow MLS players as much as I should and have never been a big fan of his; but, Benny Feilhaber is in the running for MLS player of the year and is not being called-up. Who did he tick-off?

Oh, and why on earth is Alvarado still on the roster?

At least Fabian Johnson was called-up ever after being throw under the bus.

UCFBfan

Semi Kings of New England!
Reaction Score
I agree on Nagbe. He's been a solid MLS player. Hope that translates to success on the World stage. Hell I'll take just having it show in our Qualifying campaign.

Reaction Score
And I just the www-up and it has nothing to do with the stomach bug I have as the backline fell asleep and now the US trails St. Vincent in St. Louis 1 to 0 about 10 minutes in.

On a more serious note, thoughts an prayers to to everyone in Paris right now.

Reaction Score
Scratch that. Wood just finished off a sweet head flick off of a Held in cross to tie it.

Reaction Score
Johnson drilled a direct kick off the top of the wall for goal #2 and a few minutes later, Jozy was left unmarked at the far post on a corner and cashed it it for #3.

Reaction Score
Cameron just got #4 on a header off of a flick back from a corner kick.

Reaction Score
The new kids are coming in now after Zardes slotted in a goal off of a give and go with Altidore to make it 5 to 1.

Reaction Score
Jozy powered a shot off a defender's head for his second of the night US leads 6 to 1

Reaction Score
Caught the highlights. Heflin got completely turned around on the SV&G goal, that was awful. Otherwise, looks like US handled business. Granted it was a significantly inferior opponent, but nice to see a lot of different guys in the mix. A stiffer test in a few days at T&T, but one the U.S. "SHOULD" pass.

Reaction Score
Yedlin looked like he forgot how to play defense on that goal. And Zardes was completely asleep covering his man there too.

Fine performance, much tougher test Tuesday and a win would have us about set for advancement.

Reaction Score
Yedlin looked like he forgot how to play defense on that goal. And Zardes was completely asleep covering his man there too.

Fine performance, much tougher test Tuesday and a win would have us about set for advancement.

Yedlin got caught upfield, so Cameron angled out wide to defend the run down the offensive left. Yedlin returned to a defensive stance, but was much too close to Cameron. Cameron's poor clearance led to an opening for Anderson and he dribbled toward the middle leaving Yedlin to his left. Right after the goal you can see Cameron yelling at Yedlin as if to say "What the hell were you doing out here with me??? Switch back to the middle!" Can't see Jones or Bradley in the picture either ... and I agree on a late run back by Zardes. Just a total lack of spacing and organization.

Reaction Score
Yedlin got caught upfield, so Cameron angled out wide to defend the run down the offensive left. Yedlin returned to a defensive stance, but was much too close to Cameron. Cameron's poor clearance led to an opening for Anderson and he dribbled toward the middle leaving Yedlin to his left. Right after the goal you can see Cameron yelling at Yedlin as if to say "What the hell were you doing out here with me??? Switch back to the middle!" Can't see Jones or Bradley in the picture either ... and I agree on a late run back by Zardes. Just a total lack of spacing and organization.

A majority of the blame absolutely rests with Yeldin. He has an attacking mindset, which is not necessarily a bad thing; but, does not track back well and seems to be uncomfortable when the ball/play is not in front of him. I suspect that JK's never-ending mad scientist line-up changes with players slotted in positions where they are not regular playing does not help either.

Hopefully, Fabian Johnson's play at Left Midfield, which is where is plays on his club, keeps him in that role on the USMNT going forward. Of course, who plays on the backline is still in the air. Yeldin is a midfielder.

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
A majority of the blame absolutely rests with Yeldin. He has an attacking mindset, which is not necessarily a bad thing; but, does not track back well and seems to be uncomfortable when the ball/play is not in front of him. I suspect that JK's never-ending mad scientist line-up changes with players slotted in positions where they are not regular playing does not help either.

Hopefully, Fabian Johnson's play at Left Midfield, which is where is plays on his club, keeps him in that role on the USMNT going forward. Of course, who plays on the backline is still in the air. Yeldin is a midfielder.
Johnson looked really good in that position. Let's leave him there and find some FBs.

Reaction Score
Johnson looked really good in that position. Let's leave him there and find some FBs.

I agree with both of you on Fabian and the fullbacks ... but I am hopeful Yedlin's defensive skills will improve, especially since that is where Sunderland have been using him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom