USMNT... last second win | The Boneyard

USMNT... last second win

Status
Not open for further replies.

junglehusky

Molotov Cocktail of Ugliness
Reaction Score
After getting chances and not breaking through, the B-team defeats Venezuela on a last minute header by Clark. This after Venezuela faking injuries and bear-hugging US forwards (and not getting called for it).

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
After getting chances and not breaking through, the B-team defeats Venezuela on a last minute header by Clark. This after Venezuela faking injuries and bear-hugging US forwards (and not getting called for it).
Well deserved. Their keeper made a few great saves. Could have easily put a couple more past him. Nice win for USA and Klinsman.

Reaction Score
In a battle of C teams, you learn more about individuals than you do about the National Team. Parkhurst will probably be very involved in this world cup cycle. Each of Jones, Fielhaber and Clark showed that the battle for the midfield slots on the roster will be very, very competitive. Other than that, we just learned that we have a lot of pieces that either aren't ready yet or won't be at that level.

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
In a battle of C teams, you learn more about individuals than you do about the National Team. Parkhurst will probably be very involved in this world cup cycle. Each of Jones, Fielhaber and Clark showed that the battle for the midfield slots on the roster will be very, very competitive. Other than that, we just learned that we have a lot of pieces that either aren't ready yet or won't be at that level.

Agreed.

SubbaBub

Your stupidity is ruining my country.
Reaction Score
The level of competition was poor, Shea is likely the starting left midfielder in a 4-4-2 with Dempsey moving forward. Jones and Feilhaber need to show against better sides. Pankhurst can move up, but age and form of the top backline will have more to do with how much he plays.

The most interesting thing to see was how well this side bought into JK's system. That alone should send a message to the A - side to get in line. I think playing the system will count more than past pedigree.

Sent from my MB860 using Tapatalk

Reaction Score

Read a couple places Geoff Cameron is in the mix with Gooch and Boca.

Reaction Score
I watch Cameron play a lot down here in Houston and he is legit. I think Boca is a step slower now than last year and it will be interesting to see that if Geoff plays well in Panama, will he get a trip to Italy and maybe a start with the reinvigorated Gooch.

Jones is wildly talented but a head case, as exhibited by the fact he was able to play in this game. Besides that, I do not think Shea is as good as others seem to, Fabian Johnson looked better in that position during the last friendly we won than brek did in any of his games. To be far the kid did play a lot last year and was no doubt tired by the end of the year, and his team collapsed with him.

Reaction Score
Slightly off subject topic: If Parkhurst and Failhaber are on a World Cup squad, it means 2 things: (1) At least we qualified for the WC, and, yet (2) the US roster will include 2 pretty crummy players. If only Zak Whitbread can remain unusually healthy, it might enable the slow, inconsistent, and weak Parkhurst to enjoy some well earned down time.

zls44

Your #icebus Tour Director
Reaction Score
Benny Failharber puts the fail in Failharber. And that's about it.

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
... providers of one-off winners?
His ability to provide, make a decisive pass. A forward pass. (as compared to many who are able to pass laterally or backward)

Reaction Score
Benny is a poor mans Stuart Holden, though I have no idea what Stu is after this injury, but still. I am excited about tomorrow night, we should find out a lot more about this group than the other night.

zls44

Your #icebus Tour Director
Reaction Score
Benny sucks. Period. Stop living in 2007.

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
Benny sucks. Period. Stop living in 2007.
Well compared to who might replace him........have you ever watched soccer?

Reaction Score
it is currently a 1-0 lead in the 57th, but I just want to say this was a great game to play for no other reason that to have Klinksmann see CONCACAF road officiating first hand. This is atrocious, and needs to be prepared for during qualifying.

Reaction Score
"have you ever watched soccer?" Indeed, irony can be quite comical. Yes, professional coaches are well versed in the reasons Failhaber rarely gets any playing time beyond B-roster or C-roster US games. Part of it is the guy simply hasn't developed much since UCLA, or perhaps Hamburg, washed out with Derby County, was oft injured and did little with AFG Aarhus, and fell to the Revolution in returning to MLS. Most of the time, he's an OK practice filler compared with his competition for national team playing time.

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
"have you ever watched soccer?" Indeed, irony can be quite comical. Yes, professional coaches are well versed in the reasons Failhaber rarely gets any playing time beyond B-roster or C-roster US games. Part of it is the guy simply hasn't developed much since UCLA, or perhaps Hamburg, washed out with Derby County, was oft injured and did little with AFG Aarhus, and fell to the Revolution in returning to MLS. Most of the time, he's an OK practice filler compared with his competition for national team playing time.
Again compared to whom? You'd rather Laurentowicz??? Really?

Did you watch last night? How pathetically we couldn't hold onto the ball vs Panama???

So I guess the answer is no, you haven't watched, coached much soccer.

Reaction Score
Ah, got it, Failhaber may deserve his spot among the C team midfielders or B teamers on a good day. Makes a little more sense than the unintentional comedy implying Failhaber fits anywhere close to the top 4-5 US midfielders.

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
Ah, got it, Failhaber may deserve his spot among the C team midfielders or B teamers on a good day. Makes a little more sense than the unintentional comedy implying Failhaber fits anywhere close to the top 4-5 US midfielders.
Well if we didn't continue to play the empty bucket (like we did Wed) and actually used a creative midfielder, then he would be near the top. What other creative CM's do we have?? Holden kinda, but he's more box-to-box. Kljestan? I'd Feilhaber before him.

Reaction Score
Gyau then. About to start getting pt in Germany. Playing in the bundesligga is a higher level than benny has ever played.

Also, I think Holden is more than a box to box. Doesn't matter though, Benny is not close to starting for the A team so it doesn't matter.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hipline

Top Bottom