USMNT Fans - 1998 Team Podcast | The Boneyard

USMNT Fans - 1998 Team Podcast

Status
Not open for further replies.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
The Alexi Lalas Mutant Gene Podcast on 5/15. Alexi spends 40 honest minutes with Steve Sampson.

Sampson talks about his decision to get rid of Harkes over the affair and trashing a hotel room. Admits he considered sending Lalas and others home after the Germany game. Is honest about Agoos and Regis.

Sampson admits that he made a mistake not firing up the team for political reasons against Iran.

About the best podcast I've ever heard. Lalas lets Sampson bash him and just moves along - a great listen. Clearly they have cleared the air but Sampson goes into detail why he didn't play Lalas after the Germany game.

Sampson had a couple of decades to craft his answers - but Lalas seems to agree with them.

It's amazing it took 12 years for it to become public why Harkes was out. If you suffered through 1998 - it's the best listen you'll have this year.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
The Alexi Lalas Mutant Gene Podcast on 5/15. Alexi spends 40 honest minutes with Steve Sampson.

Sampson talks about his decision to get rid of Harkes over the affair and trashing a hotel room. Admits he considered sending Lalas and others home after the Germany game. Is honest about Agoos and Regis.

Sampson admits that he made a mistake not firing up the team for political reasons against Iran.

About the best podcast I've ever heard. Lalas lets Sampson bash him and just moves along - a great listen. Clearly they have cleared the air but Sampson goes into detail why he didn't play Lalas after the Germany game.

Sampson had a couple of decades to craft his answers - but Lalas seems to agree with them.

It's amazing it took 12 years for it to become public why Harkes was out. If you suffered through 1998 - it's the best listen you'll have this year.

Did they talk about the coveted 3-6-1 formation?

Wynalda said at one point that he still wanted Harkes there.

I might have to listen to this, even though I hate Alexi Lalas.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
Did they talk about the coveted 3-6-1 formation?

Wynalda said at one point that he still wanted Harkes there.

I might have to listen to this, even though I hate Alexi Lalas.

They sure did talk the 3-6-1. It's well worth listening to.

Lalas pretty much keeps his mouth shut but actually apologizes for his behavior at the end.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
Link?

Can't really link to it. If you search in a podcast app for mutant gene it should be the first one returned.

Looks like now there is a new one on the reaction from the interview too.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom