USMNT-Cuba | The Boneyard

USMNT-Cuba

Reaction Score
Julian Green with the surprise start. I don't mind it.

That field! Woof....Just hope no one gets hurt

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
I can't believe they played on that field.

Reaction Score
A win is a win is a win...

The field was a disgrace. My kids play on better looking grass that that. Awards should be given out for just completing a pass.

Was glad to see Green hustling out there and bagging a goal. Also glad to see Horvath, grated against not the best competition, look solid in net. Less happy watching Cuba catch the back 4 flat too many times. Mexico would have made the US pay for those blunders. Almost puked when I saw Wondo and Timmy coming-out as subs. Wondo did score; but, he always scores against the lower level teams and then punts the ball through the uprights when its a big game.

CONCACAF really needs to suspend the ref from that game (they won't). How Espinosa's head-high, cleats-out, reckless kick at Birnbaum's head was not a straight Red (wasn't even a foul) is beyond me or anyone I have talked to. Not only thought; but, FIFA's new head injury rules allow for the referee to immediately stop play if the injury is deemed serious unlike most other injuries. Saw that a few times in both the Euro Cup and COPA over the summer on head collisions in the box. I guess Birnbaum being scalped on the field does not warrant such.

Reaction Score
A win is a win is a win...

The field was a disgrace. My kids play on better looking grass that that. Awards should be given out for just completing a pass.

Was glad to see Green hustling out there and bagging a goal. Also glad to see Horvath, grated against not the best competition, look solid in net. Less happy watching Cuba catch the back 4 flat too many times. Mexico would have made the US pay for those blunders. Almost puked when I saw Wondo and Timmy coming-out as subs. Wondo did score; but, he always scores against the lower level teams and then punts the ball through the uprights when its a big game.

CONCACAF really needs to suspend the ref from that game (they won't). How Espinosa's head-high, cleats-out, reckless kick at Birnbaum's head was not a straight Red (wasn't even a foul) is beyond me or anyone I have talked to. Not only thought; but, FIFA's new head injury rules allow for the referee to immediately stop play if the injury is deemed serious unlike most other injuries. Saw that a few times in both the Euro Cup and COPA over the summer on head collisions in the box. I guess Birnbaum being scalped on the field does not warrant such.

PS - Found an audio clip from the clip. For once, I completely agree with JK's screaming at the referees, as colorful as it is.

http://thebiglead.com/2016/10/07/jurgen-klinsmann-screams-at-official-are-you--blind/

Reaction Score
PS - Found an audio clip from the clip. For once, I completely agree with JK's screaming at the referees, as colorful as it is.

http://thebiglead.com/2016/10/07/jurgen-klinsmann-screams-at-official-are-you--ing-blind/

Klinsmann obviously knows about Birnbaum's concussion issues.

Reaction Score
How useless is this game tonight?

Hopefully we'll see some Lyndon Gooch and Terrence Boyd.

Reaction Score
How useless is this game tonight?

Hopefully we'll see some Lyndon Gooch and Terrence Boyd.

As long its on a better pitch than he game against Cuba and provides a look at some young guys who have not seen the field much for the USMNT, I am good with it. That said, I would like a more challenging friendly before Mexico to get the USMNT. That and slip the weather gods a Franklin or two to ensure that its about 32 F and snowing in Columbus in November.

Reaction Score
As long its on a better pitch than he game against Cuba and provides a look at some young guys who have not seen the field much for the USMNT, I am good with it. That said, I would like a more challenging friendly before Mexico to get the USMNT. That and slip the weather gods a Franklin or two to ensure that its about 32 F and snowing in Columbus in November.

Everyone else is too busy playing competive matches. Plus you don't want to show your cards to anyone else in CONCACAF.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hipline

Top Bottom