USF WBB | Page 6 | The Boneyard

USF WBB

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Any Husky fans going to the USF game on Jan 10? We'll be at Gator’s Dockside at 5840 Fowler Avenue before the game. Its about one mile east of the USF campus in the westbound lane.

donalddoowop

Who put the Bop in the Bop Shoo Bop?
Reaction Score
USF is getting blown out today by Mississippi St. by 20 with 9:40 to play. Williams had a bad first half. Also, Sadie Edwards may play tonight on TV for USC.

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
Also, Sadie Edwards may play tonight on TV for USC.

I'd forgotten about Sadie. I never saw this article about her decision to leave. http://elmcitytoeaglevillenhr.blogspot.com/2014/12/reaction-to-departure-of-sadie-edwards.html Maybe you missed it. Wonder if the experience with her influenced Geno about another CT standout? You may recall that on top of the Championship tour bus a mike got left open. Never understand what the kid did to poison the water before she even got to school!

USFMB

Full of the Bulls
Reaction Score

ChicagoGG

Windy City Kitty
Reaction Score
Congrats to Courtney on that last second shot to save the win and avoid overtime. Go Bulls! Except for 2 games (and we know which 2 they are), I would like to see them run the conference table this year.

PS I see the Tampa Trib gave Jose a New Year's wish(theirs) for either a new conference for you (or for us) in 2016....

USFMB

Full of the Bulls
Reaction Score
Congrats to Courtney on that last second shot to save the win and avoid overtime. Go Bulls! Except for 2 games (and we know which 2 they are), I would like to see them run the conference table this year.

PS I see the Tampa Trib gave Jose a New Year's wish(theirs) for either a new conference for you (or for us) in 2016....

Thanks.

Well, I hope if we move to another conference, we go together and leave UCF behind.

BTW, I noticed that Baylor lost convincingly to Oklahoma State a few days ago, who we beat convincingly. It's funny how teams match up differently. Of course, home court does have its advantages, for teams, except when they face UCONN. LOL

USFMB

Full of the Bulls
Reaction Score
USF WBB extends win streak over UCF to 37 YEARS! LOL

USF W. Basketball ‏@USFWBB 21m21 minutes agoTampa, FL
FINAL | USF 108, UCF 63. Bulls improve to 9-3, 2-0 @American_WBB.

NEXT: USF hosts SMU Jan. 7 at 7 p.m. #GoBulls

Alicia Jenkins suffered an ankle injury and was on crutches when she returned to the arena, after receiving medical attention. At this point, there is no word on the serverity of her condition. She certainly would be greatly missed if unable to play against UCONN this Sunday.

ChicagoGG

Windy City Kitty
Reaction Score
Dang - I hope that BOTH Alicia for USF and MoJeff for UConn are back for the game on Sunday. It's only a fair fight between us when we both have all our weapons. And you have quite a few this year....

USFMB

Full of the Bulls
Reaction Score
Breakout performance by Freshman Laksa.

CYKVZ5wWAAAcyp_.jpg

USFWBB 22m22 minutes agoTampa, FL
FINAL | USF 83, SMU 56. Laksa leads the way with 38 (!!!) points and EIGHT, yes EIGHT, three-pointers. #BullsUnite

1. USF W. Basketball ‏@USFWBB 12m12 minutes agoTampa, FL
    Still undefeated at home. Defending national champion UConn comes to town on Sunday. Be there. Be loud. #BullsUnite

CYKW6CPWMAEGQZx.jpg

Alisia Jenkins is off crutches, but still limping and did not play tonight. She is doubtful for the UCONN game.

Reaction Score
Breakout performance by Freshman Laksa.

CYKVZ5wWAAAcyp_.jpg

USFWBB 22m22 minutes agoTampa, FL
FINAL | USF 83, SMU 56. Laksa leads the way with 38 (!!!) points and EIGHT, yes EIGHT, three-pointers. #BullsUnite

1. USF W. Basketball ‏@USFWBB 12m12 minutes agoTampa, FL
    Still undefeated at home. Defending national champion UConn comes to town on Sunday. Be there. Be loud. #BullsUnite

CYKW6CPWMAEGQZx.jpg

Alisia Jenkins is off crutches, but still limping and did not play tonight. She is doubtful for the UCONN game.
Can't wait. Jose rocks!

USFMB

Full of the Bulls
Reaction Score
Laksa was under the radar as a recruit.

This blurb from Blue Star Europe when she was taking visits:

Laska first impressed in the summer of 2011 where she avg 14 pts a game in the u16 European Championships at the age of 15. Each summer her game has developed and she showed her class when playing in the London Blue Star Europe Tournament, at that time, visiting Mike Flynn compared her to a young Sue Bird.

https://bluestareurope.wordpress.com/2015/02/24/top-ranked-laksa-to-visit-maine-and-usf/

So, it's no wonder that the USF Tampa Bay Times beat writer tweeted this after her performance tonight:

Joey Knight ‏@TBTimes_Bulls 20m20 minutes ago

Prevailing thought was, @USFWBB would reach another level when Kitija Laksa found her groove. Well, she has.

Now, let's see what she can do playing for the first time against UCONN.

ChicagoGG

Windy City Kitty
Reaction Score
This is always a good game....could get VERY interesting!

ChicagoGG

Windy City Kitty
Reaction Score
Oh, it is going to be LOUD in there on Sunday....hoping for a good game by all, and a fair contest. I don't think UConn will be looking past this game....USF is loaded with weapons this year. Hope Alicia is okay to play. And that Latka doesn't go off for 38 again (LOL)

USFMB

Full of the Bulls
Reaction Score
Oh, it is going to be LOUD in there on Sunday....hoping for a good game by all, and a fair contest. I don't think UConn will be looking past this game....USF is loaded with weapons this year. Hope Alicia is okay to play. And that Latka doesn't go off for 38 again (LOL)

We are hoping that this game achieves a record turnout. Our current record, of course, was set playing against UCONN. LOL

USFMB

Full of the Bulls
Reaction Score
As of this morning, there were over 5,500 tickets already distributed for this game.

USF Women's BB largest home crowd ever is 6,615 (2014 UConn game).

So, there is a realistic possibility of surpassing that game in attendance.

USFMB

Full of the Bulls
Reaction Score
Blurb from article:

USF's biggest test and crowd of the 2015-16 season is Sunday at 5 p.m. against #1 UConn at the Sun Dome. Both Jenkins (ankle) and junior center Katelyn Weber (toe) are listed as questionable. USF will need their post presence vs. three-time National Player of The Year Breanna Stewart.

"They're really big, they have a really good transition," said Bulls sophomore forward Laura Ferreira. "It's mainly defense, we just gotta have fun. We have to stop Breanna Stewart."

http://southflorida.247sports.com/B...omen-83-SMU-56-1-UConn-on-Sunday-5pm-42641381

Reaction Score

USFMB

Full of the Bulls
Reaction Score
Very nice crowd tonight. Plenty of support for both teams.

It was a pretty close game for the most part, but UCONN was clearly the better all around team.

We might have done a little better if Jenkins had played, because she is our best rebounder and can score in the paint, which we couldn't do at all without her.

Next year we have three bigs coming in, who can also score, and that should help us to have more of an inside presence.

USF next plays @Tulane on 1/13. They are undefeated at home and might be our toughest game, aside from UCONN, in the conference. Hopefully, Jenkins will be able to play against them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Boatbro

Top Bottom