USF Post-game Presser | The Boneyard

USF Post-game Presser

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Not sure I have ever heard Geno that happy and seemingly impressed in a presser before (other than winning NC game).

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
Great stuff. Funny how their best game came after their worst practice. I don't see how he will be able to motivate them in practice anymore. Practice. We dont need any bleeping practice. :p:D:rolleyes:

Wbbfan1

And That’s The Way It Is
Reaction Score
Jose Fernandez Quotes:
USF head coach Jose Fernandez

On if he is surprised that UConn has kept the streak going

"No because it's about the system and their culture."

On if it was a conscious decision to run with the Huskies early or if it just played out like that:

"That's our style. But when you don't make shots, you give a team must more possessions and that's what happened."
On what he says to the team after a loss like this:

"There has to be some kind of individual accountability for your play. We didn't get to the free throw line until the fourth quarter. We weren't aggressive enough offensively. The 50-50 balls, Connecticut got. Like I told them, they were like a kid in a candy store and they took our lunch money on the school yard. There was no passion, we were just content getting our asses kicked. And that's what happened."

On what UConn did defensively to take Laska out of the game:

"I thought they did a good of going no catch on her and they did a really good job switching. They (UConn) played great. They played really well. Talking to our staff, we have a lot of guys who haven't played against Connecticut. This is the worst margin of defeat we've ever had against them. We hadn't given up 100 points in my 17 years at USF. It's disappointing on how we performed and executed on both ends of the floor. They also had a lot to do with that."

UCONNHUSKIES.COM :: UConn/USF Quotes :: University of Connecticut Huskies Official Athletic Site :: Women's Basketball

Reaction Score
Great stuff. Funny how their best game came after their worst practice. I don't see how he will be able to motivate them in practice anymore. Practice. We dont need any bleeping practice. :p:D:rolleyes:
In the post-game interviews a couple of our players indicated the last couple of practices had been really good. ??

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score

I always make it a point to watch and listen to Geno's post game pressers. That's the only time us fans get to peek inside of Geno's head, and get first hand knowledge on what and how he's thinking. One thing I wish they would do during these pressers is to have several wireless handheld microphones that can be passed around the room to the various media personnel asking questions, so that we can also hear the questions that are being asked.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom