USC recruiting Silas Redd | The Boneyard

USC recruiting Silas Redd

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Hopefully he decides playing for a clean program has its benefits.

Reaction Score
Just heard that Uconn might still be a destination, hold your horses on this one.

Reaction Score
I'm assuming that Redd has reached out because it has already been understood that a school cannot recruit these Penn State players. However, you can never pass it by traditionally "larger than life schools" to not give credence to the hard lessons that need to be learned from this investigation. If USC is making contact, it only provides more evidence of the refusal to acknowledge rules, fair competition, and professionalism.

I really think that some schools have the mentality that they are too big to fail and that they are untouchable. I hope the biggest lesson that comes from the Penn St. sanctions is not to just punish, but to transform the cultures of universities to comply instead of let revenue rule the day. With record revenues coming to colleges and the trend going upward, it is a critical turning point for all involved. Football has done wonders for the profile of universities, however, I think this is a reality check that it can all be taken away with the selfish choices of a few "leaders". Never let football become bigger than the true purpose of the community and alumni you built.

I am sorry that these kids have been put into the position to cut a four year choice short, but I hope these kids see that they can make eastern football strong throughout by staying close to home. These young men at Penn St. are facing enough. I would love to see them stay true to the rules of "recruiting" and pick somewhere where they don't have to worry about another NCAA investigation.

Reaction Score
I'm assuming that Redd has reached out because it has already been understood that a school cannot recruit these Penn State players. However, you can never pass it by traditionally "larger than life schools" to not give credence to the hard lessons that need to be learned from this investigation. If USC is making contact, it only provides more evidence of the refusal to acknowledge rules, fair competition, and professionalism.

I really think that some schools have the mentality that they are too big to fail and that they are untouchable. I hope the biggest lesson that comes from the Penn St. sanctions is not to just punish, but to transform the cultures of universities to comply instead of let revenue rule the day. With record revenues coming to colleges and the trend going upward, it is a critical turning point for all involved. Football has done wonders for the profile of universities, however, I think this is a reality check that it can all be taken away with the selfish choices of a few "leaders". Never let football become bigger than the true purpose of the community and alumni you built.

I am sorry that these kids have been put into the position to cut a four year choice short, but I hope these kids see that they can make eastern football strong throughout by staying close to home. These young men at Penn St. are facing enough. I would love to see them stay true to the rules of "recruiting" and pick somewhere where they don't have to worry about another NCAA investigation.

I'm pretty sure that P was wrong with regards to the contact rule. The schools can contact the players. It's free agency.

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score
the schools can call the psu ath dept and state they are interested in certain players or just in general. the kids will know of that asap and then if they wish to talk to that school its on. i would imagine that every d1 school had made the call/email by noon today and many coaches will be up all night on the phone. this is how i was told things happened this afternoon. it was mass emails to the players thru the ad to tell them about schools, what they want/need and who would git what...psu is doing a good job helping the kids it seems so far.

Reaction Score
One last thing....coming away from a situation where our basketball program was on the wrong side of the policies (I don't fully agree with our penalties nor am I saying it is to the Penn St. situation's magnitude, but I'm drawing a parallel to how kids wanted to leave because of similar disappointment with cards they were dealt.), I think we can all agree that it was not a happy feeling to look at other schools chomping at the bit to get our players. Just make sure we respect privacy and understand that these young men, no matter where they go, should not be met with anger or insult.

Saying all that, I hope our community greets anyone and everyone who is willing to make the journey from Happy Valley to Storrs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NewErA

Top Bottom